dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

Stuck in the boiler room.

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Apr 19, 18 3:56 PM
Windows 10.

I'm in the boiler room. Guide says move crates and get ladder. The arrow doesn't even change over them and they go nowhere. Hint says there's nothing to do. It says that in all 3 rooms. I have gone clear back in the guide, I haven't left out any steps.
I can't continue until I climb the ladder. WTH?

edit: I am putting this in tech also. It's either a glitch or I am missing something.

Edited on 04/19/2018 at 4:01:35 PM PST

trentcook
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Stuck in the boiler room.

[Post New]by trentcook on Apr 19, 18 4:04 PM
Windows 10
same thing has happened to me. I even deleted game and reloaded with no results.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 19, 18 4:32 PM
Hello dramajunkie and trentcook,

I've replied to this inquiry in the game's technical issues thread and want to ensure that you both see it:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition here.

Thank you for reaching out, and please have a good day.

bfgBeruna

briteyz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by briteyz on Apr 20, 18 7:49 AM
I'm having the same problem. Tried 2 times and am at the same spot.
Is there something I'm missing??
Please help

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 20, 18 11:21 AM
I don't know if I can help, it may be a glitch. I know I did start another profile after purchase to unlock some bonus content. Maybe the second profile allow me to escape the boiler glitch. I did notice that some movies I didn't see in the trial showed up after I purchased it with the second profile. I know I couldn't find or move the crates or ladder right away. I had to do some things first and I'm so in the moment when I play that I can't always remember what I did. I do remember that I did the crates first. Then the ladder was over on the right in a partial enclosed closet in the boiler room.

I hope someone is playing now who can better help. Good Luck.

srabtoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by srabtoy on Apr 20, 18 12:43 PM
I am stuck in the boiler room also. Seems like Windows 10 doesn't want us to enjoy Big Fish Games. Will also go to Windows and send out a complaint. Doesn't usually work, but can try.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 20, 18 1:26 PM
I have Windows 10 pc also

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 20, 18 4:33 PM
Seems like after the first visit to the room I had to go do some other things. When I returned I saw the back of ?Jonathon's? head, had to do something to him, free dad and then I was free to access the crates and ladder.

Hope I'm not confusing this progression up in my head though!

On MacBook pro 10.8.5

ETA: OK, after looking at the SG: It was a random dealer not Jonathan. Did you select the impersonation card?

Did you make sure to click on the hole in the ceiling so you have activated the need for the crates and ladders??

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 5:01:36 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 20, 18 7:07 PM
Spoiler alert only for help with boiler room.

I started a third profile just to make it to the boiler room. My dad is there. In my inventory I have 2 clovers, paper and pencil, 2/3 trophies and 1 symbol clue. My arrow to leave wasn't there so I used the map in the left hand corner to go to the next room. I think I pick up the third clover on the table. I did a hops in the other room 2 or 3 times. Other things too.

I return to the boiler room and I see a man with his back to me. My father is still tied up. I use the Impersonation card. I now look like a dealer to the other man. He tells me to guard this man and hands me a lion head and leaves. I click on a curved metal bar behind my dad's head. It has places for 3 clovers. I place the 3 clovers and put them where they belong along the twists and turns. My father is free and I gain a chain. I click near a medicine box and part of the wall crumbles and I take my paper and put it on the symbol to gain another hint. My arrow to come and go worked good after the first time.

I click on the crates and they move under the hole in the ceiling. I click on the ladder and it moves in place.

I did notice on the third profile my hops are locked up in the bonus content.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 20, 18 7:14 PM
You probably have to do everything in that certain order for it to work. If it doesn't work after following what I did then it has to be a glitch. I was surprised when the arrow key to move into the other room wasn't there because it worked the first time. But my map moved me to the other room. Then the arrow key started working fine after that.

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 7:21:13 PM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 21, 18 11:40 PM
You have to do everything up to freeing your dad from the chains before you can move the crates and then you can move the ladder.

[Post New]by Marilou_1 on Apr 22, 18 6:27 AM
Same thing appens to me. Can't move the crate and can't do anything more.

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Cynkee on Apr 23, 18 2:57 PM
I'm on a MacBook Pro and I'm having the same issue. Standing in the boiler room with chains, but can't move crates or pick up the ladder. I've restarted the game, etc. Do i get my money back?

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 24, 18 10:35 AM
Cynkee wrote:I'm on a MacBook Pro and I'm having the same issue. Standing in the boiler room with chains, but can't move crates or pick up the ladder. I've restarted the game, etc. Do i get my money back?

Did you click on the wall by the medicine cabinet and put the paper on the crack up place to get the hint first? I don't know if that helped but that's what I did after I got the chains.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 24, 18 11:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like a number of players are encountering a potential progression block in the boiler room of this game. Thank you for all of the advice about the order in which the tasks should be completed. Since this could be a technical issue, I've passed your reports along to the appropriate teams and suggest trying the troubleshooting suggestions in the help articles below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Mac Game Troubleshooting

Please email our Technical Support Team for a replacement game if those suggestions don't resolve the glitch. Thanks so much for your patience and help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by irssecretary on Apr 27, 18 10:36 PM
I am having the same problem as everyone else, I am stuck. It appears to be a glitch, because you rarely have to do things in a specific order to progress.

Jewel1111
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Jewel1111 on Apr 28, 18 4:21 PM
Same issue. I have done everything. No luck clicking on the crates to move them, plus HINT says that I have done everything in that room. Same with all the other rooms. Phooey! Gotta be a glitch.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 30, 18 6:45 AM
It seems like when someone takes the time to try to help all they get is more complaints. It's not worth trying to help.

Go to: