Anglesey
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

The Forums are being shut down!

[Post New]by Anglesey on Apr 19, 18 11:38 PM
I see there hasn't been a posting on the Found forum by BFG so I've copied and pasted the one we got at Midnight Castle on 16th April:

Hi everyone,

Over the years, our forums have played a huge role in how we communicate with and receive feedback from you, our players. They have also been an important source for game-play help. This is especially true here in the Midnight Castle forum, where your passion for the game and helping each other has created an incredible community.

You may be aware that our forums have been fragile for quite some time, and it has been determined that we are unable to sustain them while also maintaining the first-rate customer experience via this and other channels that our players have come to expect.

Beginning April 30, 2018, posting and private messaging will be disabled on the Big Fish Games forums. Maintaining the wealth of knowledge created and shared by our players is incredibly important to us. All existing content will remain visible to visitors to the forums.

Let me assure you that Midnight Castle isn’t going anywhere! Details about updates to the game and events will continue to be shared on our Facebook page, which can be viewed even if you do not wish to create a Facebook page. For those of you who are on Facebook, you may be interested to know there are also a couple of Fan communities dedicated to Midnight Castle.

This decision was not easily made, and on behalf of the moderation team I want to thank every one of you for your time, effort, and dedication to Midnight Castle and our forum community.

bfgMurrumbidgee

I know there are only a few of us left playing Found and although I haven't posted recently, I will miss you. Sad news

sanibel4me
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:The Forums are being shut down!

[Post New]by sanibel4me on Apr 20, 18 9:48 AM
This is sad news! I wonder why the announcement hasn't been posted on the Found forum.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Apr 20, 18 12:07 PM
Found still has a little activity and if I remember correctly, MC had a annunciation with "No more updates " , X months before Found
Maybe we still have some time left
If my theory is correct then we have until August (the month when Found used to get updates)

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted. I have enjoyed being here and I have liked many people that I met on this forum. I am glad that I had the chance of being here and meeting..... The dots are standing for a long list

Just in case: Good bye everyone! It was nice to meet you

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Apr 20, 18 5:37 PM
Very sad news indeed. The members of this forum still help and support other members, still give out good advice so I really cannot understand why they would close it down. Maybe the mods aren't kept busy enough! Been great 'meeting' lots of you folks and sorry to see us all go. Thanks to everyone for their advice and support over the years. I am just wondering if this is another step towards closing down the game for good!

Brunitis
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

[Post New]by Brunitis on Apr 20, 18 7:28 PM
Oh no!! Could this also mean the end of 'social free-2-play' games being supported? I sure hope not since I was actually considering starting a new Found from scratch on another PC.

It was nice meeting all of you. Take care!

Fruzzier on Found.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Apr 21, 18 5:10 AM
Truly sad. After they trashed Sunken Secrets, I decided, after being a game club member for over 10 years . . . to cancel my membership.

I started re-playing Found and MIdnight Castle . . . games I lost with computer crashes to see if they are worth my while to support.

When I first signed up for the game club, that was when you had live chat for customer support . . . now a thing of the past . . . and this news of closing the forum is just another sign they are abandoning their loyal customers forever.

judylinn
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by judylinn on Apr 21, 18 9:01 PM
It sounds like maybe Big Fish is not doing well sorry that the forum will be gone. It's been a great help .
Can anyone tell me some other games similar to found that are good

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 9:03:42 PM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 21, 18 9:34 PM
G’day,

I wanted to stop by for a moment, just to check in.
The moderation team is working hard to get the the message out regarding the recent forum decision, the sheer size of our forum means that we cannot post in all forums.

As has been noted in the announcement (now added to this forum) the decision to disable posts and PMs was not easily made, nor was it reached without thorough investigation of all of the options available to us to preserve the forum and the content within. The software that powers the forums is fragile and very old. It is for these reasons that there is no option available to us to update the software.

Let me assure you that these changes impact only the forum, and not the broader Big Fish Games site, or the games on offer.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Go to: