DEVELOPERS - Please let us collect ALL Avatars from Avatar Missions we couldn't previously unlock

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Apr 20, 18 2:30 PM
I think there shoud be some way to earn avatars you werent able to collect, from past avatar missions. Just like when its Easter, Halloween and Christmas, you can not only collect the current Eggs, Ghosts and Snowglobes, but you can collect past years as well. There have been times I couldnt get all the avatars in time, like around when they first started the avatar missions, I had to get a new laptop because mine stopped working. When I got a new laptop, I noticed they started the avatar missions, and I was like, what is this new feature. But then it was already over 3/4ths of the way through it and I couldnt collect but the first avatar.

Can you please send this suggestion over to the developers, and see if they can think about putting some sort of way to earn ALL past avatars, since they started the avatar missions, that you didnt get to get.... Or just create avatar missions that let you collect past uncollected ones? There were some really cool ones, I didn't get to get.

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 2:32:25 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:DEVELOPERS - Please let us collect ALL Avatars from Avatar Missions we couldn't previously un

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 20, 18 2:38 PM
Hello dylansmom1979,

Thank you for taking the time to write this suggestion. I definitely understand wanting to be able to earn older avatars, and I'll certainly ensure the appropriate teams receive this feedback.

Please have a lovely weekend.

bfgBeruna

Parrot11
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:DEVELOPERS - Please let us collect ALL Avatars from Avatar Missions we couldn't previously un

[Post New]by Parrot11 on Apr 20, 18 3:30 PM
They could be made available through the puzzles.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 20, 18 8:28 PM
Dylansmom, the avatars you missed getting from past CCs are available to you now. Look at the 3rd avatar for the current CC - the Pirate. If you scroll to the left, you will see the other avatars that are available to you. Select the one you want & leave it displayed. Check the avatars to be sure it's the one you chose & didn't revert to the Pirate. When you complete the CC, you can claim the avatar you chose.

Re:DEVELOPERS - Please let us collect ALL Avatars from Avatar Missions we couldn't previously u

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Apr 22, 18 9:39 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Dylansmom, the avatars you missed getting from past CCs are available to you now. Look at the 3rd avatar for the current CC - the Pirate. If you scroll to the left, you will see the other avatars that are available to you. Select the one you want & leave it displayed. Check the avatars to be sure it's the one you chose & didn't revert to the Pirate. When you complete the CC, you can claim the avatar you chose.

I clicked the arrow on the Pirate, and it only shows 5 or 6 other ones and the have a check mark saying I got them. I know there have been several I havent gotten. They need to have all past ones on the arrow and not just some. Does it cycle through them all, what I mean is next time they have one of these, will there be different ones in the arrow selections, because right now they ones it shows, I have.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:DEVELOPERS - Please let us collect ALL Avatars from Avatar Missions we couldn't previously u

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 23, 18 9:59 AM
Are you sure about that? I'm referring to the Pirate in the CC window, not in your profile. The check mark there just shows you've selected that avatar as your final reward. Because the only other avatar it shows on mine is the gingerbread bunny & that's the only 1 didn't get from completing the CC.

Or are you looking for some of the 1st or 2nd level avatars? I think it's just the 3rd level avatars (the special animated ones) that are being offered as alternatives.

Edited on 04/23/2018 at 10:01:10 AM PST

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

Re:DEVELOPERS - Please let us collect ALL Avatars from Avatar Missions we couldn't previously

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Apr 23, 18 10:25 AM
dylansmom1979 wrote:
Desertdruid wrote:Dylansmom, the avatars you missed getting from past CCs are available to you now. Look at the 3rd avatar for the current CC - the Pirate. If you scroll to the left, you will see the other avatars that are available to you. Select the one you want & leave it displayed. Check the avatars to be sure it's the one you chose & didn't revert to the Pirate. When you complete the CC, you can claim the avatar you chose.

I clicked the arrow on the Pirate, and it only shows 5 or 6 other ones and the have a check mark saying I got them. I know there have been several I havent gotten. They need to have all past ones on the arrow and not just some. Does it cycle through them all, what I mean is next time they have one of these, will there be different ones in the arrow selections, because right now they ones it shows, I have.

If you go to your avatar in the upper left corner and click on it, as you scroll through the avatars the ones you don't have will have a lock on it and the ones from previous CCs will have a "punch card" on it. Yet when you click on the pirate in the CC the available avatars are unlocked so you can chose the one you want. I'm getting the mermaid.

Keep stormin' the castle.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 23, 18 11:53 AM
COULD YOU PLEASE MAKE TAB IN THE WISH LIST FOR CRAFTED , ZZ , AND EVENT ITEMS. THERE ARE GETTING TO BE TOO MANY PAGES. YOU DID IT IN OUR INVENTORY AND IT IS GREAT.

Re:DEVELOPERS - Please let us collect ALL Avatars from Avatar Missions we couldn't previously

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Apr 23, 18 9:48 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Are you sure about that? I'm referring to the Pirate in the CC window, not in your profile. The check mark there just shows you've selected that avatar as your final reward. Because the only other avatar it shows on mine is the gingerbread bunny & that's the only 1 didn't get from completing the CC.

Or are you looking for some of the 1st or 2nd level avatars? I think it's just the 3rd level avatars (the special animated ones) that are being offered as alternatives.

Yeah, I did it from the actual mission window, where it shows the tasks you have to do and it has the arrows above the Pirate. And I know there are some 3rd level avatars I need as well as lower level. I know there are 2 or 3 third level I need and there are only 5 or 6 to choose from, and have all the ones it gives me the option for.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Apr 23, 18 10:59 PM
OK, I looked into it and it does show the ones I do not have, but even if I pick older ones and not the Pirate, I will never get all of them because I will just be picking old ones and miss out on the new ones. If they dont make some other way to get them, doing it this way, I still wont get them all.

I either have to pick the 3rd option and leave it as it is or pick an older one, but then picking an older one makes me miss out on the Pirate and during the next one, if I pick the Pirate, I miss out on that current 3rd one and I still have about 5 other old ones I will never get to get.

They just need to make another way to get them all.

Edited on 04/23/2018 at 10:59:33 PM PST

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Apr 24, 18 3:37 PM
I do understand what you are saying, and I also understand the desire to collect all the avatars. What I wish the devs would do is make the first and second level challenge avatars available in the same manner they have the third one, so people who didn't achieve level one or two of a challenge can choose those avatars as well.

I know that doesn't resolve the issue of how to get all the avatars if you missed a challenge, but it is fair. People who have all the avatars did so by struggling through all those challenges and completing them, sometimes with great difficulty, with life issues and computer issues thrown in. That struggle to complete challenges and get the avatars becomes meaningless if they then make the avatars available for say purchase, or through a simple puzzle.

The devs would need to come up with a way for people to get the back catalogue of avatars in a way that is as time consuming and sometimes resource intensive and expensive as the original challenges. That is the only fair way.

My thought would be for some challenges to recycle previous avatars, but add an option that can be chosen for those who already have them. Maybe a get the avatar or choose your own prize from a group of expensive crafted items. That would give players who have the avatars a reason to do the challenge, but also help those who missed the avatars the first time around.

Edited on 04/24/2018 at 3:41:43 PM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Apr 24, 18 9:24 PM
That would be fine with me, I wouldnt mind doing the same type of challenges to get old ones as well. I didnt have my account back for the first 3/4ths of the first mission they created and had some other issues with a couple of other times they had these missions. I would be totally fine if they had a similar way to get old avatars, as they have to get the new ones.

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Apr 25, 18 4:11 PM
Something that could maybe be added could be some sort of extra quest that we could choose to do by selecting it - maybe in the same pop-out menu that the CCs appear on. That way, people who already have all the avatars wouldn't have to do the extra quests...but those of us who are missing avatars could effective do some sort of CC just for our game. That way, we'd still have to complete the same sort of tasks that were required to earn the avatars originally, but it wouldn't have to impact on anyone else's game.

Alternatively, having some CCs that don't have new avatars, but options on another prize or our own choice of avatars from previous CCs instead, could work well as others have mentioned.

Go to: