Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 21, 18 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 9:26:29 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 21, 18 4:46 AM
Game looks like fun but very sluggish on my computer (Windows 7-32 bit, onboard graphics) even when the custom cursor is disabled. For that reason, won't be purchasing.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 21, 18 9:26 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 21, 18 9:31 AM
Hello LarkBea,

Thanks for bringing the sluggish performance of Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition to our attention. I can certainly understand not purchasing the game; we always recommend trying the trial version of a title before buying it to ensure the game runs smoothly.

Just in case, I've included two help articles below with troubleshooting suggestions for slow running games. In the past we've found that updating a computer's video card driver and running it in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions can fix performance issues.

Please have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by shian1 on Apr 21, 18 1:53 PM
Same here, very sluggish

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 21, 18 2:43 PM
Hello shian1,

I'm sorry Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition is running sluggishly for you too. If the aforementioned troubleshooting suggestions didn't resolve the issue, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll replace the game for you.

Best wishes!

bfgBeruna

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by tracilynne40 on Apr 22, 18 5:46 AM
I've installed the game, but got an error code when I went to play it. It won't even let me play the trial version. I have windows 7 professional 64 bit.

Edited on 04/22/2018 at 5:47:54 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 22, 18 5:52 AM
What is the error code you're getting? There may be ways to troubleshoot depending on what it says.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 22, 18 3:56 PM
Hi tracilynne40,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into an error code when trying to play the game. As LarkBea mentioned, different error codes can have different troubleshooting steps, but I'm happy to go ahead and provide some general advice that can help games and computers get along better. Please try out the steps from the following article to see if they help:

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know more about the error code you're seeing so we can see if we have more precise troubleshooting steps available. You can also contact our Technical Support Team for a replacement game if you'd prefer that instead.

Please feel free to contact one of our Moderators by PM with any additional concerns or questions. We'll do our best to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by calmcarolyn7 on Apr 22, 18 8:22 PM
Playing the bonus game, the bottle of liquid that's supposed to uncover the code for the door will not work. The hint says that's the next move, but it just makes the noise that says it's not going to, and won't do anything. I can't clear up the green that's obscuring the code, and I can't enter a code even though I know what it is. I'm stuck. I'm using Windows 10.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 22, 18 10:54 PM
I feel like I'm dragging the mouse but runs fine when defaulting to normal. Game runs great otherwise. Any ideas? I do like to use the game's cursor rather than the windows one.

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Apr 23, 18 3:03 AM
Very sluggish for me too. I am sick and tired of these games coming out with all sorts of problems. Getting close to giving up on Big fish and I have been buying games for years, since 2009, so I have spent hundreds of dollars as have others. It is just not good enough to make us do the fixing. Make sure your games work properly before putting them out for people to trial then buy.

[Post New]by Qapl2237 on Apr 23, 18 4:57 AM
I downloaded to try and then you said my time was up and I never got my free hour. I won't buy unless I can see if I like it. Please give me my hour trial

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 23, 18 12:43 PM
I was in the bonus chapter and was at the first hops and the scene was black. It froze up. Did alt/ctrl, delete. It had a access violation.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 23, 18 12:58 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues you're experiencing while playing the game Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition. I wanted to provide a few suggestions and recommendations which can sometimes help the issues being reported here, as well as provide a way to contact our Support Team if you'd rather just receive assistance with your purchase.

For players experiencing a slow down while using the custom cursor, in these scenarios, the custom cursor may be causing the game to be a bit slower due to the specific hardware combination the game is running on. Players who would like to try to resolve this may find assistance with the following suggested steps as they can help graphical performance issues such as this:

Players seeing trouble with the game not interacting as expected or with a specific section getting stuck may find that running the game with further permissions can help. These steps can be found on the following page should players like to try them:

If an access violation appears to be the reason why the game isn't running, our specific suggestions for this error can be found below:

Access Violation

Qapl2237, I'm uncertain why that trial ended earlier than expected. The first thing I recommend is seeing if you can uninstall and reinstall the game to receive that free trial. Here's how to do that below:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

Otherwise, please contact our Support Team below so we can assist with this issue further.

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you'd prefer assistance with your purchase, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a description of what is happening, the title of the game, and what steps you've already tried to resolve the issue. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience and I hope this helps out.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by sheilarob on Apr 25, 18 4:25 PM
I've just crossed into the parallel world and can't get "Alternate Sam" to talk to me, so I'm stuck. Is this a glitch anyone else has run into?

[Post New]by sheilarob on Apr 25, 18 4:35 PM
Ignore my post. For some reason I had to click OUTSIDE Sam to get him to talk to me - bad design!

[Post New]by TokenHappy on Apr 25, 18 6:26 PM
I bought the game, but the option for the stategy guide says it will not work unless i buy the full game. Why? and How can it be fixed?

Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by Knim on Apr 25, 18 7:47 PM
I bought the game as I love the series. Game was sluggish but able to get through. The bonus part way in started blinking. Did not want headache so logged off. went into other game no problem so it seems to be glitch in the game.
Play on PC
TOAD488931
THANK YOU

Go to: