Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 21, 18 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 9:26:08 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 21, 18 5:57 AM
This is a bit different then the other "Mystery Trackers" seems enjoyable! Ive enjoyed the last 2 Collector Edition games & I can add this to em! Whereas its a good game its only 4 chapters counting bonus chapter! Info like this is discouraging to fishes in purchasing a game. Do you think this is part of the reason forums are going away? Hmm Lol

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 6:42:06 AM PST

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Apr 21, 18 7:00 AM
nanafraser wrote:This is a bit different then the other "Mystery Trackers" seems enjoyable! Ive enjoyed the last 2 Collector Edition games & I can add this to em! Whereas its a good game its only 4 chapters counting bonus chapter! Info like this is discouraging to fishes in purchasing a game. Do you think this is part of the reason forums are going away? Hmm Lol

So this game only has 3 chapters and then the bonus? Was considering playing demo but if it's THAT short, not even going to try it.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 21, 18 8:33 AM
barelyberlee wrote:
nanafraser wrote:This is a bit different then the other "Mystery Trackers" seems enjoyable! Ive enjoyed the last 2 Collector Edition games & I can add this to em! Whereas its a good game its only 4 chapters counting bonus chapter! Info like this is discouraging to fishes in purchasing a game. Do you think this is part of the reason forums are going away? Hmm Lol

So this game only has 3 chapters and then the bonus? Was considering playing demo but if it's THAT short, not even going to try it.

YEP!

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Apr 21, 18 8:36 AM
Sunnyglow's review says 3 chapters plus bonus but 4 Hours [u]of main game, gameplay. That should be taken into consideration more than number of chapters.

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 8:37:28 AM PST

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Apr 21, 18 8:54 AM
tejasgal wrote:Sunnyglow's review says 3 chapters plus bonus but 4 Hours [u]of main game, gameplay. That should be taken into consideration more than number of chapters.

Thank you both for answering my question. Tejasgal thank you for the time amount, that does make a huge difference. Usually 4 hour games take me a couple days to play as I play them, go play something on my computer or phone for a break, then come back. Used to a chapter only lasting maybe 1/2 hour if that.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 21, 18 9:25 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Apr 21, 18 11:38 AM
I loved that game. Elephant are the best developers..

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 21, 18 1:06 PM
Foxy57 wrote:I loved that game. Elephant are the best developers..

I agree I have always loved their graphics, makes me feel like I'm actually there, in a creey, abandoned town.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 21, 18 2:52 PM
portion bolded by me

pennmom36 wrote:
Foxy57 wrote:I loved that game. Elephant are the best developers..

I agree I have always loved their graphics, makes me feel like I'm actually there, in a creey, abandoned town.

I enjoyed the demo, and want to finish playing the game, so despite more than a few misgivings, I will be using the sale to add it to my game library. I agree, also, that the graphics are great. Music is theme appropriate, IMO, and I experienced no big tech problems. Just an occasionally floaty cursor. Not a game killer for me. The storyline is the usual good vs some kind of evil. I was hoping to see Elf and was not disappointed, however, I am happy that the Devs gave folks who don't like helpers a choice to play without him! Shows that some people are listening to us here.

As always, try the demo for yourself to see if it is compatible with your OS, and what you expect from a game.

pennmom36, the portion I bolded is eerily similar to how I feel right now in the Forums!

BK

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Apr 21, 18 3:22 PM
Could not finish this demo....got to the mansion and called it quits when I saw Godzilla or is it King Kong, maybe a cross between the two trying to get in the car. How absurd and juvenile this one is, particularly the scene in the store where 2 people are trying to keep the MONSTER from beating down the door with a very calm dog in the background and a sobbing girl....then the issue gets solved by lighting an entire pack of fireworks. Now that is enough to blow anyone away...and they were entirely unscathed. It astonished me....a miracle.

All you are doing is collecting inventory. Everything...and I mean everything needs something, even in your inventory....utter tedium. And you're going to love this....we actually need a zipper pull for a back pack and rust remover for a blow torch....how about that? It never ceases to amaze me. You're going back and forth and back and forth to the point you don't know if you're coming or going and don't even care anymore.

The graphics are atmospheric, but it's very foggy, some scenes moreso than others. Even though you can adjust the brightness, it didn't solve the matter of it being undefined and difficult to see. Don't know where they get the idea this is appealing unless they just want us to have that extra challenge of eye strain.

The first generous hos in the beginning was in a bike basket with just a few items to find....very nice. Another hos was so dark, I could hardly see...even the "+" pictures that you are supposed to find the corresponding item for were so small. I just started clicking away. The one in the food trailer was fun, but I breezed right through it...not much time to enjoy it. There was also another dark hos and at the end I'm spending more time waiting for morphs.

You are not overwhelmed with puzzles, at least not in the demo. Skipped most of them....and loathed the one where you were supposed to light the bulbs as pictured. Everything you touch turns everything else....ended up skipping that, too ,and wished I would have had those minutes back in my life.

You collect Elf pictures for a special room...some photo pieces you put together in an album...and there are some morphs..no indicator for them. You also have the choice to use Elf or not as a helper....very considerate.

There is no replay of hos and puzzles and I absolutely do not think this is CE worthy. Why should we be expected to pay CE prices for what should be included in the Extras and is not?

Edited on 04/22/2018 at 12:15:20 PM PST

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Apr 21, 18 3:24 PM
Just finished the main game... really enjoyed. I find that I buy/play most Elephant games. Only issue for me is this CE was WAY too short. It did not take me 4 hours to play (and I only skipped 2 puzzles).

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Apr 21, 18 4:05 PM
I quite enjoyed this game - actually, played it most of the afternoon today and am only just into the bonus game. It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 21, 18 4:43 PM
Hello friends! As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. Is this really #14 in this series? Excellent graphics, very clear, with no blurring when going in and out of close ups. I did note that the inventory items look a bit like cartoon graphics, but okay. Colors are very nice, even with a few blues and pinks now and then. Animation is very well done, with very smooth movements and appropriate facial movements, depending on what is happening at the time. Game play is excellent, no problems during the demo and it fit my large screen quite nicely. The voice overs are well done, being age and character appropriate, and show emotion, not just someone reading a script. There seems to be a little more character interaction in this addition to the series. Music is mostly very quiet unless something is about to happen, then increases in intensity. Sound FX are well done when used, even though they are very quiet. Could have been a little more background sounds. It's nice that we can choose to use our friend "Elf" or not during the game. I did, simply because I like him and he isn't a nuisance. He just helps us get into places we can't quite reach.

HOPs are quite varied, with straight lists, riddles, silhouettes, and highlighted words. Scenes are fairly clean and items are not difficult to find. It almost seemed like some of the items were darker in color so they would stand out more. I did not see where you could switch to something else if you did not care for the HOPs. Puzzles were fairly challenging and took some time and thought to complete. I actually had to skip one, as I couldn't figure it out. Hint system is very helpful and it does transport to longer locations. You do a lot of back tracking in this game, so get your tennis shoes ready. You have a jump map, but it is very boring and not necessary with the transport feature.

Collectibles aren't bad. We have a combination of varied morphing items, which morph fairly quickly, but are not difficult to find. We also have puzzle pieces, which are fairly large, but easy to miss, as what I ran across was in black and white. We need to find 8 pieces each to complete 4 different pictures in our album. We also have to find 12 Elf poster/pictures. These are pretty easy to miss, as they can be anywhere and are not all out in the open or hanging on a tree. Nice to have a variety.

The story in this one was a little different and interesting. The action was fairly constant, but the story seemed to move a bit slowly. There was enough challenge in the game and puzzles to keep me wanting more and not get bored. I think all levels of players will find this one fun and challenging. When I beta tested this one, I gave it a 4.75. Because of the quiet SFX, I have reduced it to a 4.5. That said, yes, I am adding this one to my ever growing collection of CE games.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews. Play on!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 21, 18 4:45 PM
It may be only three chapters, but they are long chapters. It is an enjoyable way to spend time even if there is the obligatory broken zipper, shadow monsters, etc. Actually, in my case I would have purchased it anyway. I'd probably buy any game if Elf was on board. Miss my Chihuahua. It seems I am forever doomed to be a Clownfish with the closing of the forums, and I'll miss the friends I have made in these forums. The reviews have been a large part of my purchasing decisions although I have always (well almost always) tried the sample. At this time I'm not sure how this will affect my participation. I will miss the fishies hints when I am stumped, and will miss being able to help others. I will give hem the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes. In the meantime, I recommend this game.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 22, 18 10:11 AM
This is the 11-th Mystery Trackers that I own. I like the mystery of it and Elf.

You have a collectible that looks like Elf that goes in a room. Morphing Objects and picture fragments that you can put together a jigsaw. The secret room is replays of hops and mini-games. The oldest Mystery Trackers that works on my Windows 10 Pc is The Four Aces, and it's really good.

Edited on 04/23/2018 at 12:05:43 PM PST

[Post New]by smitty189 on Apr 23, 18 9:49 AM
First post and now my last. For shame BFG for closing forums. Demo was enjoyable but too Short. The older Elephant games are the best long and the graphics are fantastic.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Apr 23, 18 11:56 PM
I enjoyed the HOPs & puzzles & gameplay but the storyline made no sense whatsoever - just skipped around from one cliché to another without any explanation.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 25, 18 2:37 AM
barelyberlee wrote:

Why would you think this game is short just because it doesn't offer 10 chapters? A chapter can be long or short. I have seen games with just a few chapters that are long, and games that have 6 or 7 chapters, all of them very short. So you should never go by how many chapters a game has.

Bomie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bomie on Apr 26, 18 1:39 AM
Has to be the shortest game in BFG history. What a disappointment.

Go to: