bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 29, 10 12:36 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 29, 10 12:41 AM
Waiting for it to download... Are they coming to take us away? Oh-hoh, ee-hee, ah-ha???

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 12:41:52 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 29, 10 12:48 AM
lol gimmegames

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jul 29, 10 12:49 AM
One spooky game...lot's of creepy stuff that goes bump in the night. Very nice graphics and eerie music. Well done voice overs. An IHOG with objects that are fairly easy to find...there are some hiding in the dark though. Good story, kinda creepy but good. The dolls alone would give anyone the heebie jeebies. Definitely a buy here.

Just finished...this is a great game!!! one of the best I have played.

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 11:40:53 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 29, 10 1:06 AM
Just LOVE this game! Creepy plot, music adds to the atmosphere, excellent **** graphics and runs smoothly with no cursor issues.
It's the attention to minor details in this game that add to the fun and make it great entertainment.
Thanks BFGs........more like this please :-))

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 29, 10 1:26 AM
gimmegames wrote:Are they coming to take us away? Oh-hoh, ee-hee, ah-ha???

LOLOLOL!!! That's why I hate "mad house" plots... But the plot is too intriguing, and I'll "surrender" this time. If the graphics had more resolution and brightness, I would say that this game has the "aura" of MCF...

Good work, developers! Thanks BF!

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 1:28:12 AM PST

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jul 29, 10 1:26 AM
great game..the voice overs suit each character and not annoying ..music goes really well with the eerie background..graphics very clear..puzzles not over difficult yet interesting.
Story line has me totally hooked ..MUST buy as I want to know what is coming up

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 29, 10 1:37 AM
i beta tested this game and i couldn't wait for it to come out. it is a classic horror movie setting, abandoned asylum, ghosts, creepy dolls, you name it and this game has it. graphics fit in with the atmosphere, music suits the game as well as each characters voice, excellent voice overs. this is an ihog. i also like the tapes, just listening to them gives one the creeps, there are 15 tapes in all, so far i have found 4. the game seems like it is going to be fairly long.

i give this game 4 1/2 out of 5.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 29, 10 1:52 AM
Just finished playing the demo... Interesting - try it for yourself, for sure. A bit spartan and linear... One of those games where you know you need an axe and a ladder or pole, and what's in your inventory is a frozen fish and bolt cutters... I like this whole asylum theme though.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 29, 10 1:54 AM
I had to wait for the demo to end before I could tear myself away because it was a case of ... I'll just see if I can find this and then it was, I'll just see if I can find that. It reminds me a bit of RTR.

I have to agree with all of the above comments except for the cursor which I turned off because if felt sluggish.

I used one hint to see what would happen and it refilled and if you get stuck:

SPOILER ALERT Highlight to read:

Click on the map and it will show you which room/area you need to go to next.

All in all a very good game and I would love to stay and chat about it a bit more but I prefer to go play it ... ciao .

C

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jul 29, 10 2:10 AM
Bought it, too, after playing the demo longer than usually, because I simply couldn't tear myself away from it. Finally the story continues (just take a look at her photograph, if you've played "Curse of the Opera" you'll know it).

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jul 29, 10 2:12 AM
Yay - for those of us who like adventure Ihogs this is a goodie. Though dark in subject I'm having fun!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jul 29, 10 2:16 AM
Thanks BFG for another good one. A definite buy for me next month to start off a new punch card. Enough of a challenge to satisfy me.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 29, 10 2:19 AM
Reminded me of RTR too. Very creepy. Wonderful stuff - and I particularly liked the help with navigation. Fantastic idea. Real response to those who (like me) have a poor sense of direction (actually I have none) and get a bit fed up wandering around.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 29, 10 2:32 AM
Well BFG, you made my day and week and month with this one! Loved "Nightfall Mysteries--Curse of the Opera," but after awhile with "Asylum," I'm going to enjoy this even more. Even the opening menu enthralled me (and I'm not too easily impressed with those). The intro is great, the voice acting is superb, the graphics are wondrous, the hint system (which I tried for the heck of it) seems to refresh in about 30 seconds, and the choice of cursors is certainly a plus. This may be a dark and moody sort of game, but it seems so fascinating, and the length (if the walkthrough is any indication) must be several hours (for me anyways--I take my time). Thank you for offering us a classic (near the end of the month--haha!)

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Jul 29, 10 2:37 AM
Just DLed it and I'm already stuck. SPOILER: please highlight .use bolt cutters on necklace to take to the fountain? or somehow get water to the statue?...yeah - it'll be GREAT when the walkthrough is available!

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Jul 29, 10 2:41 AM
Looks awesome, will download and give it a try but like tuttepever I won't be buying it until August 1 to start off my next punchcard.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jul 29, 10 2:47 AM
This game is awesome. I have been playing for almost 3 hours and am only half way through. I try to find every item, and not use the hints. It takes me longer, but it is well worth it. Is it just me, or do the items move when you re-visit a scene? The graphics are great, and the hint system is so fast. Thank You Big Fish, for another great game.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 29, 10 2:57 AM
A few items move when you revisit a scene, but you mostly look for the same items in the same places it seems - this happened to me twice during the demo. Does it happen all of the time throughout the game?? I was a bit dismayed by this so early on in game play. I didn't get that far into the game during the demo (was just entering the word code after giving Viggo the antidote) but it seems to be an easier game than Curse of the Opera was. Can someone who has played further than me or completed the game comment on these points for me?? Thank you!!

P.S. Holy cow!! I am a pretty slow player and don't use hints and I made it to the beginning of chapter 4 out 8 chapters during the demo hour!!! Is it a short game too?

edited to add p.s.

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 3:03:31 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 29, 10 3:02 AM
Thanks fishies. I'm glad we finally got one after all those not so good ones. We have suffered through July not only with the heat but with a lot of bad games. However, I still managed to fill up two punch cards. But I think I bought some old games like Drawn. So happy hunting.

Go to: