bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 29, 10 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy technical issues here only

[Post New]by galphimia on Jul 29, 10 1:23 AM
Which graphics resolution is recommended? I have 800x600 and pictures are very unclear.

[Post New]by muppet2 on Jul 29, 10 5:00 AM
Downloaded = fine
Tried game for 5 mins to check all was working = fine
Logged out = fine
Came back to play about two hours late = Time's Up

Please expalain why/how this has happened, as I would prefer to play for a little longer before I purchase this game.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jul 29, 10 5:17 AM
Muppet

I hope I can explain this so that you'll understand me. I had the same thing happen to me a couple of times. What BFGs CS said was that sometimes even tho we have exited from a game, the timer keeps going. He said to hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the Task Manager and make sure the game is not listed. If it is, then select it and click on End (or whatever it said. A few times when I left the game while still demoing it, I have found it listed even tho I X-ed our BFGs Game Manager. It's weird. If you go and see the game isn't listed, then contacct them. I was so mad when it happened to me. If you exit from the Game Manager, it should stop!!

Hope that helps

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 5:44:43 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 29, 10 5:24 AM
galphimia wrote:Which graphics resolution is recommended? I have 800x600 and pictures are very unclear.
Try changing this to 1024 * 768

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 29, 10 5:33 AM
I have a black screen with just the tool bar items at the bottom showing up. And nothing is happening. I input my name, and it went to this black screen. At the bottom are the notebook, blank inventory, and hint button...what is up with this? I am on a new laptop with all the bells and whistles and this is the first game I have had any problems with...and I have been eagerly awaiting this one. Anyone else have this problem?

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Jul 29, 10 5:34 AM
This is my problem: When I start the game, I get a black screen - is this how this game starts? I have tried the hint button but nothing happenes..can anyone help?

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 29, 10 5:35 AM
I have a black screen also. I guess this game won't work for some of us.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 29, 10 5:36 AM
I just put the screen on maximized screen and the picture worked

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 29, 10 6:11 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and this time it is playing correctly. Started off with the story line which it didn't do before. I will be buying this one. Creepy, eerie, and want to know what happens next...good one, yes.

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by momshere on Jul 29, 10 7:28 AM
bought the game. played about 30 minutes more before attempting to exit the game. COULD NOT ACCESS MENU. Clicked the menu button several times and never got a response from it. Finally had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to exit it.

[Post New]by Lineah on Jul 29, 10 8:05 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
galphimia wrote:Which graphics resolution is recommended? I have 800x600 and pictures are very unclear.

Thank's for help. Normally my Nvidia changes resolution automatically, but obviously not with this game.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 29, 10 8:15 AM
The game has been working fine but now I'm in the graveyard and the gravestone holder won't accept the oval mirror. I completed the circuit puzzle just earlier and all the other mirrors click into place except the oval one. According to the walkthrough it should work. Wha happen?

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Jul 29, 10 11:41 AM
LOVE the game all was fine untill i got to X-RAY ROOM put the dial on machine and game froze had to shut down my comp hate to do that but nothing would work.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 29, 10 12:01 PM
momshere wrote:bought the game. played about 30 minutes more before attempting to exit the game. COULD NOT ACCESS MENU. Clicked the menu button several times and never got a response from it. Finally had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to exit it.

Same thing has happened to me. Help someone. We need help big time.

Thanks ahead of time.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jul 29, 10 1:01 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I have a black screen with just the tool bar items at the bottom showing up. And nothing is happening. I input my name, and it went to this black screen. At the bottom are the notebook, blank inventory, and hint button...what is up with this? I am on a new laptop with all the bells and whistles and this is the first game I have had any problems with...and I have been eagerly awaiting this one. Anyone else have this problem?

I had the black screen of death, too. I uninstalled, restarted my computer, reinstalled, and everything works fine now. Give it a try.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jul 29, 10 1:24 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
I have the same problem too, about the graphics being unclear, can hardly read the writing in the journal. Mr. Russ...when you changed the resolution, did you go in the control panel, and then in Display to change it? Please help....so I can have a clear game to see and play. Thanks!

lohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lohr on Jul 29, 10 2:53 PM
For some reason the game changes my screen resolution when I try to play. What I get is a screen at 1064 resolution with everything so huge that I can't do anything except control/alt/delete. I have done that three times and changed the resolution each time and it makes no difference. I did the game master stuff, deleted history, favorites, cookies and all that stuff. With Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde that worked like a charm. It makes no difference with this game. Then instead of restarting the computer I went to task master and ended taks for the game. Then I shanged the resolution back to the highest level (recommended by this computer. Then I ran the game. Same thing, huge screen I can't do anything with. Help. I really want to play this game. But, more importantly, I want to know how to fix the business of the games changing screen resolution.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jul 29, 10 2:58 PM
I guess I'm the only one with this problem. My hint button doesn't work. I tried really hard to not use hints at all but when I really got tired of looking for one thing I had to and it wouldn't work. Finally found the object on my own but anyone else with this problem?

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Jul 29, 10 3:33 PM
the fancy cursor was super jumpy so I turned it off, but it really has taken away from the game with the finger to show me the way........and yes that could be misconstrued.

Go to: