This is where I'm going

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

This is where I'm going

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 4:36 AM

Hi there,

Well, it was sure fun here while it lasted... but we've been flushed again.

In 2013 when the CCC (chat) was closed we came up with creative terms to describe how we felt. Most of us felt like a dead goldfish that had been flushed down the toilet.

Many of us went to Pond Friends.

Pond Friends was specificially created for BFG refugees by Timebomb007; he is the admin there.

There is absolutely no fee at Pond Friends, and some areas are free to browse without registering.

We know how terrible it felt and only want to see you keep your community together.

Please join us there if you would like to continue "Sneak Peeks", Betas, developer talks, read and write reviews, interact with developers (yes, developers drop in there) discover adventure gaming, or just chat.

We have a Shout Box "CCC" feature, we can post pictures, and there are so many emojis to choose from! You can even add your personal favs, and customize your Avatar!

It's kinda like BF forums on steroids

This is a link to the welcome letter biscuitsmama and pennmom wrote:

http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/5350/information-welcome-new-returning-members?page=1&scrollTo=35836mcquigan

I'll see you at "The pond' http://pondfriends.boards.net/

We would love to see you there!

mcquigan

ETA: additional info

Edited on 04/22/2018 at 7:06:23 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:This is where I'm going

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 21, 18 4:44 AM
Thanks for that and for those who haven't heard, big announcement about the upcoming changes to forums here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1081039.page

Not a huge surprise, actually been expecting this for quite some time based on the seeming unwillingness to deal with the overwhelming amount of spam. Sad for us long time fishies though (anyone remember Chit-Chat Corner?).

And since this thread will probably vanish or be locked soon, getting in my farewells to all who have been so helpful over the years. Thanks.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Apr 21, 18 5:08 AM
What does"flushed" mean? So does this mean after the 30th we can no longer post anything about a game?

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Apr 21, 18 5:22 AM
About "The Pond", do you have to pay to be a member. I went there, and in the rules it said something about paying. Do you?

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 21, 18 5:48 AM
I just joined a little while ago and it's completely free. I think the money comes into play for games and other features and you earn money by posting not by paying.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 21, 18 5:49 AM
And apparently, after the 30th, no new posts by members so yeah, you won't be able to comment, ask questions, etc. It sounds like the forum, if it will even exist after that time, will be used for announcements.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 21, 18 5:54 AM
What I understand: Members would have had to pay $1 extra to keep the forums but since there going away we wont have to. There are ways to contact members but its kinda confusing to me so I doubt I will even though Ill miss the other fishes! Over 10yrs w/ BF Ive seen many changes, this by far is the saddest!

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Apr 21, 18 5:54 AM
Thank you for the link, as I was not aware of this. I have joined and will enjoy being able to read reviews and post my thoughts on games.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 21, 18 5:56 AM
nanafraser, where did you see the information about the $1 extra? The announcement I read made no mention of that.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 21, 18 5:58 AM
From the link above:

An important announcement about the Big Fish Games Forums - April 16, 2018

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 16, 18 5:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Over the years, our forums have played a huge role in how we communicate with and receive feedback from you, our players. They have also been an important source for game-play help.

You may be aware that our forums have been fragile for quite some time, and it has been determined that we are unable to sustain them while also maintaining the first-rate customer experience via this and other channels that our players have come to expect.

Beginning April 30 2018, creating new posts and private messaging will be disabled on the Big Fish Games forums.

All existing content will remain and be viewable, ensuring that there is continued access to the wealth of knowledge created and shared by you and our moderation team.

This was an extremely difficult decision to make, and on behalf of the moderation team, we thank you all for your dedication to our community.

bfgMurrumbidgee

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 6:01 AM
LarkBea wrote:Thanks for that and for those who haven't heard, big announcement about the upcoming changes to forums here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1081039.page

Not a huge surprise, actually been expecting this for quite some time based on the seeming unwillingness to deal with the overwhelming amount of spam. Sad for us long time fishies though (anyone remember Chit-Chat Corner?). [i]

And since this thread will probably vanish or be locked soon, getting in my farewells to all who have been so helpful over the years. Thanks.

I created a "Scream Room" over there, next will be my favorite "Do I Kill Threads"

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 6:06:29 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 21, 18 6:04 AM
mcquigan wrote:

I created a "Sream Room" over there, next will be my favorite "Do I Kill Threads"

bwaaahahahahaha!

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 6:05 AM
Debnfla wrote:What does"flushed" mean? So does this mean after the 30th we can no longer post anything about a game?

Hi there,

In 2013 we came up with creative terms to describe how we felt. Most of us felt like a dead goldfish that had been flushed down the toilet.

There is absolutely no fee at Pond Friends. We are a group of people that used to chit-chat here about the games etc until the CCC thread was abolished.

Please join us there if you would like to continue "Sneak peeks" write and read other people's reviews, or just chat.

mcquigan

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 6:28:30 AM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 6:07 AM
LarkBea wrote:
mcquigan wrote:

I created a "Sream Room" over there, next will be my favorite "Do I Kill Threads"

bwaaahahahahaha!

:-))))

i'm so darn tired i can't see

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 6:09 AM
This is a direct link to the welcome to Pond Friends letter that Biscuitmama and Pennmom put together.

It contains helpful links about what is available at the site

http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/5346/information-welcome-new-returning-members?page=1&scrollTo=358170

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 21, 18 6:51 AM
Nynaeve70 wrote:Thank you for the link, as I was not aware of this. I have joined and will enjoy being able to read reviews and post my thoughts on games.

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 3:46:28 PM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 7:02 AM
Hey nana,

I've read your reviews for a long time :-)

You can go snoop around at Pond friends without registering, give it a try, there are a lot of familiar faces there that would like to see you.

here's a link to the welcome letter

http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/5350/information-welcome-new-returning-members

mcquigan

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 8:24:00 AM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Apr 21, 18 7:10 AM
mcquigan, is this an open invitation? I mean, is it for all of us?

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 21, 18 7:14 AM
Not mcquigan but fairly certain it's for everyone. Nice to know we have an alternative forum where we can keep in touch, discuss the games, ask for and offer help and chit chat (like in the old days).

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Apr 21, 18 7:26 AM
Thank you, LarkBea. Yes, it's good to know there are other options. I'm going to visit Pond Friends later today and have a look around.

Boy, although I'm trying to be calm, as the shutting down approaches, I'm getting sick to my stomach. I'm very disgruntled with BF's decision.

ET say thank you to mcquigan for inviting us all.

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 7:32:56 AM PST

Go to: