tiffydawn
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

Found out how to get the Miller ---- SPOILER!

[Post New]by tiffydawn on Nov 5, 08 10:08 AM
Unlock Miller (gives 100 units of food each level) Make 15 effective moves successively after buying the Mill

But,,, I have no idea what this means? Any ideas?

riderman
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Found out how to get the Miller ---- SPOILER!

[Post New]by riderman on Nov 13, 08 6:37 AM
sounds as though someone needs to actually talk to the game programmer and find out what he or she meant by effective. have been able to get cascades going that totaled more than 15 sets broken and still can't get the miller. any chance you know what you have to do once you get the dock ?

tiffydawn
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

[Post New]by tiffydawn on Nov 18, 08 5:57 AM
Let me see if i can remember where i found the list.

teri49
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by teri49 on Dec 13, 09 3:05 PM
Finding all the Citizens -

I have been playing Cradle of Persia for sometime and just bought Cradle of Rome last week. It's as good as the Persian or maybe better.

I managed to get all the citizens the first time through - I didn't know how I did it so I found it on the game site (AWEM?)

FARMER - make a Match 5 after building a Sawmill.
SMITH - score 10000 points in less than 10 levels after building a Forge.
MINER - score 2000 units of supplies in a single level after building a Quarry.
MILLER - make 15 effective moves successively after building a Mill.
PEASANT - score 3000 units of food in a single level after building a Field.
WINE MAKER - make 2 combos successively after building a Tavern.
PRIEST – complete the level in less than 3 minutes after building the Pantheon.
SCHOLAR - make 3 combos successively after building the Tabularium.
FISHERMAN - make a Match 5 three times successively after building a Port.
GLADIATOR - make a chain reaction of 15 blows after building a Colosseum.
ORATOR - score 3000 units of gold in a level after building the Forum.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Feb 2, 10 6:29 PM
I think it means by sussessive is not to make a move that gets anything that does not count. Only things that builds up gold, food, or wood. I've gotten it a few times but I'm not positive.

Pharaohn
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Pharaohn on Mar 30, 10 3:49 AM
15 effective means that each move MUST break a marbled square. CASCADES DO NOT COUNT! (That's later, when you get the Colosseum)

I still cant get the miller

[Post New]by remstein on Apr 20, 10 1:28 PM
I have completed the game once already. There were some really hard levels but its all about saving your powerups. I am now going back through trying to unlock all the people. I can not seem to unlock the miller though! I've done 15 moves that all broke blocks but still no luck. does anyone know how to do this?

Edited on 04/21/2010 at 10:34:28 AM PST

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Aug 31, 14 11:20 AM
teri49 wrote:Finding all the Citizens -

I have been playing Cradle of Persia for sometime and just bought Cradle of Rome last week. It's as good as the Persian or maybe better.

I managed to get all the citizens the first time through - I didn't know how I did it so I found it on the game site (****?)

FARMER - make a Match 5 after building a Sawmill.
SMITH - score 10000 points in less than 10 levels after building a Forge.
MINER - score 2000 units of supplies in a single level after building a Quarry.
MILLER - make 15 effective moves successively after building a Mill.
PEASANT - score 3000 units of food in a single level after building a Field.
WINE MAKER - make 2 combos successively after building a Tavern.
PRIEST – complete the level in less than 3 minutes after building the Pantheon.
SCHOLAR - make 3 combos successively after building the Tabularium.
FISHERMAN - make a Match 5 three times successively after building a Port.
GLADIATOR - make a chain reaction of 15 blows after building a Colosseum.
ORATOR - score 3000 units of gold in a level after building the Forum.

[Post New]by kennycjr on Oct 3, 14 3:35 AM
To get the miller the moves also have to be done within 15 seconds. I don't usually play anywhere near that fast, but I got it.

I'm still having trouble with the fisherman. So difficult getting a match 5 three times successively, as you can't have any chain reaction between them. I know for sure I got it, so I'm guessing there must be a time span with it too. I hope they don't need to be effective too.

Edited on 10/03/2014 at 3:37:08 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 3, 14 7:43 PM
kennycjr wrote:I'm still having trouble with the fisherman. So difficult getting a match 5 three times successively, as you can't have any chain reaction between them. I know for sure I got it, so I'm guessing there must be a time span with it too. I hope they don't need to be effective too.

Welcome to the pond!

The fisherman was the hardest citizen for me to get by far. The three match fives have to be straight line M5s, not L or T shaped ones as this game doesn't count those as "match fives". There's one level somewhere in the late 30s or early 40s that's U-shaped and doesn't have too many chains. If you've managed to buy the port before this board, it's pretty easy to get the fisherman if you shuffle the pieces around in the left/right sides and bottom part of the U so that you have the M5s set up first, then just go 1, 2, 3 on the matches. Enjoy!

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Oct 7, 14 5:09 PM
I've probably completed this game 15 times since I bought it and never received the fisherman. I began to believe sightings of him were questionable, like the Yeti. Then on the level where I received the "mixer" I used it again and again, refilling it almost as soon as I used it, and then - BAM! The fisherman appeared! I sat with my mouth open for a couple of seconds before it dawned on me I needed to finish the level.

Now I can retire from Cradle of Rome with the satisfaction of knowing I have truly reached Mount Olympus! (The irony is, however, that this is the one and only time I've played that I didn't earn the priest!)

Go to: