Going to miss the mods

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Going to miss the mods

[Post New]by Howdah on Apr 21, 18 6:48 PM
I really appreciate all that you have done for us, trying to keep the forum clean and s**m free. I especially appreciate you guys advocating for us, and providing a communication bridge between us and the devs. I am going to miss this. I know you guys had a thankless job, so here is a big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 6:48:43 PM PST

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Going to miss the mods

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 21, 18 7:10 PM
I second what Howdah said!

I know many of you are also players of MC so, if it's not a conflict or anything with your jobs, we hope you'll also join us!

Ada

skell169
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by skell169 on Apr 21, 18 7:31 PM
I also want to add my THANKS and GRATITUDE for all you have done to aid players in distress or players in need your are seriously kind and warm generous ladies and gents who deserve a big thank you from myself Rona and I am also sure from all players past and present

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 7:35:15 PM PST

1isalone
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 1isalone on Apr 21, 18 7:33 PM
Where are they going? What is happening?

1isalone

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 21, 18 7:43 PM
1isalone wrote:Where are they going? What is happening?

1isalone

All BFG forums are closing down. Read the announcement at the top and this thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1081025.page

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 7:44:11 PM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 21, 18 8:05 PM
I have had "interesting" experiences with previous mods and never thought I would say this... but.... with our batch of current mods, the empathy and kindness they have shown, their willingness to show humor (which, for a time, seemed against the "law" - as was ANY emotion other than anger), I will definitely miss you guys and appreciate you more than you know... especially considering how past mods left me sobbing in tears from banning cherished friends... A few, like Danger, can still make me tear up....

Thank you for your patience and willingness to see "our" side and not pounce on us for every little infraction - I know we are a handful - sometimes feeling as if you are herding cats... but, your kindness did not go unnoticed....

Huggggggggssssssss from a grateful Fuzz

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Apr 21, 18 8:22 PM
I, too, want to say thank you to the terrific moderators here. You are the best!
The same goes for the wonderful MC family; this forum is unique in that members are so supportive of one another. I'll miss you all.
I think I'm too old to try to figure out a new forum site, so thank you all again for all your help and support. Good-bye!

cora1012
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by cora1012 on Apr 21, 18 11:23 PM
I am so very grateful for all the hard work
my MOD GODS have done. Thank you for all your help that you have provided
along the way. As I have said before, you folks are Aces in my book.
Your consideration and thoughtfulness has never gone unnoticed.
I truly want you to know that I will miss you all and the Forum that you have nurtured these many years. It feels something akin to a family breaking apart
and moving too far away. Although my heart is heavy I wish you all
the best that life can offer. Hopefully you will drop a every now
and again. (You know...just so I know you're still there somewhere)

The Witch of Endor
GUMBY
Ida Helper
Cuzn I Can

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Apr 21, 18 11:42 PM
Judibeth wrote:I, too, want to say thank you to the terrific moderators here. You are the best!
The same goes for the wonderful MC family; this forum is unique in that members are so supportive of one another. I'll miss you all.
I think I'm too old to try to figure out a new forum site, so thank you all again for all your help and support. Good-bye!

Hi my name is Darlene I'm in my late 70's I went to a different forum I was very sad and nervous but it wasn't as hard as I though. I would be happy to help you and so would a lot of other people. Please try I know you can do it

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Apr 21, 18 11:44 PM
Darlene1225 wrote:
Judibeth wrote:I, too, want to say thank you to the terrific moderators here. You are the best!

Hi my name is Darlene I'm in my late 70's I went to a different forum I was very sad and nervous but it wasn't as hard as I though. I would be happy to help you and so would a lot of other people. Please try I know you can do it
The forum I went to is Delphi a lot of the players are there it will soon feel just like home

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Apr 22, 18 12:16 AM
Everything I feel has been previously said, but I also just wanted to say THANK YOU MODS. When I first started in this forum, I was a little put off by the "I'm just doing my job" feeling I got from the Mods at that time. So, I echo what others have said, your connection to us is so much appreciated, you have such a hard job.

Please know it hasn't gone unnoticed. Sure wish you would migrate over and joint us.

Best wishes and good luck in anything you do.

katiek

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 22, 18 12:53 AM
kkreisman wrote:Everything I feel has been previously said, but I also just wanted to say THANK YOU MODS. When I first started in this forum, I was a little put off by the "I'm just doing my job" feeling I got from the Mods at that time. So, I echo what others have said, your connection to us is so much appreciated, you have such a hard job.

Please know it hasn't gone unnoticed. Sure wish you would migrate over and joint us.

Best wishes and good luck in anything you do.

katiek

Yes! Yes! And a thousand times, Yes!

Appreciate the current moderator team .

Crystal;P

( with apologies to more recent “Pride and Prejudice “ flick )

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Apr 22, 18 1:10 AM
Darlene1225 wrote:
Darlene1225 wrote:

The forum I went to is Delphi a lot of the players are there it will soon feel just like home

What is Delphi and how do I find it? It makes me nervous that they are shutting the forums down, I am worried the site will follow. If so, I wonder how I would redownload any games I have bought in the past.

SA__
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Apr 22, 18 1:23 AM
Please add me to the list of people wanting to thank the Mods for everything they do. Not least getting rid of the pages of dreaded spam every day. Your help when I have had queries/problems has been invaluable. We are definitely gonna miss you!

Thank you all and wishing you the very best for the future.
Sa

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 22, 18 1:42 AM
I agree with Gohill's post. Our current bunch of mods have shown much sympathy towards over last year, especially since we lost Robyn, our chronicler,

They worked hard to get her memorial in the game and I will miss fun comments that some of them have made. They seem to enjoy the special room and Auntie Roo has their Huggie Jackets ready for them.

I hope they will come and visit if it is allowed and join in the fun.

lizdanny
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,252 Posts

[Post New]by lizdanny on Apr 22, 18 3:47 AM
I would also like to acknowledge the Moderators for all their hard work and particularly getting rid of all the spam posts.

I needed help and contacted a moderator who was absolutely brilliant in getting my problem sorted out.

I say a big thank you too you all and wish you all the best of luck

THANK YOU!

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Apr 22, 18 3:50 AM
I agree with Gohill too, in both the past and present relationship with the mods, I had my share of banning (twice I think) on very minor issues, but right now it's different, so thank you to those who have shown humanity

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 22, 18 5:03 AM
I too would like to thank our current Mods, not only for their hard work but also for their participation in our conversations. Whether joining us in offering sympathy to a player going through rough times, or sharing with us what new pet you'd like to see, we've appreciated your input and will miss you.

Going to miss the mods

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 22, 18 5:24 AM
Howdah wrote:I really appreciate all that you have done for us, trying to keep the forum clean and s**m free. I especially appreciate you guys advocating for us, and providing a communication bridge between us and the devs. I am going to miss this. I know you guys had a thankless job, so here is a big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Me too

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Apr 22, 18 6:48 AM
I would like to add my thanks. The mods have helped me over some rough spots. I had played over a year when I first found the forum. Then found it a welcoming community and helpful. Then I felt I was able to help others. A win-win! I feel welcome on Delphi but am finding it difficult to navigate...finding my posts...thought I had it...last night couldn't find posts made earlier in the day. Guess I will have to keep my own log.

And I wish a mod could be available on the New forum. I would find that very reassuring.

Go to: