runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

Reviews?

[Post New]by runewarden on Jul 30, 10 9:01 AM
Like to read what others think before I download, bit worrying that no one has written a review yet - either means it's a stinker or so good that you lot are still playing! :-)

Come on fishes, help out a minnow!

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Reviews?

[Post New]by janierae on Jul 30, 10 9:05 AM
I've played the demo and enjoyed it a lot. I am going to purchase it, not sure about the Collector's Edition though. I'll wait and see. It's worth a purchase for me anyway.

[Post New]by auntjanell on Jul 30, 10 9:07 AM
I love this game!!! Graphics, music, everything is terrific You must try this game Will be buying the Collector's Edition. The game yesterday is good but this one makes you think more.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 30, 10 9:11 AM
"Oh happy day" WOW ! Excellent game. Spooky, beautiful graphics, not boring. haven't gotten to any mini games yet so can't say about those. No tiny objects. The cursor does not go loop de loop if you click too many times. Depending on the length may consider purchasing the CE. Hope everyone enjoys.

sharky12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sharky12 on Jul 30, 10 9:12 AM
I'm loving it. very quick to down load. Interesting plot. The hidden objects are a little bit on the dark side but playable. There is a built in help guide and the hint button recharges pretty quickly. i give this game a 5. Try it I think you will enjoy it

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Jul 30, 10 9:13 AM
Great game, but will wait for the regular edition.

Agree completely with spiritdog......can't understand the fuss about yesterdays game.

At least gave us a good one after making TGT stand for "todays game today".

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 9:14:09 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 30, 10 9:13 AM
Awesome game and it has a stratagy guide you can use as you play if you get stuck. This game really makes you think about everything you do. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes **** games and Adventure games. It's worth $19.95.

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 9:14:11 AM PST

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 30, 10 9:46 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:PS. The forum just showed up too. Oddly the new game of the day showed up hours late, and so did this forum too. Don't know why. I have been looking for this forum since early AM and it just arrived.....

I was also looking for the forum this AM. I tried the demo and definitely want this one. But, and this is a big but, I have spent my allotment for games this month, so will wait for the regular version. I assume there will be a regular version. I'm still playing the asylum game so I'm not getting antsy yet. The demo was not quite 60 minutes but that's okay, it was long enough for me to decide I really like it. I love spooky and creepy, decrepit mansions, cemeteries, mad scientists, what have you. I will be watching for this one at the regular price.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Jul 30, 10 9:47 AM
Is this another sequel of the Mystery Case Files Series? Anyway, it's a buy for me, probably the $6.99 version. I'll let the other more experienced FISHES give their comments about this game. I want to hear from them myself, because I might get the CE after hearing from them.

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 10:08:30 AM PST

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Jul 30, 10 9:54 AM
I want it REALLY bad but will wait until at least the 1st of the month, my punch card is full for July, so the beginning of the month I will definately buy this one...

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Jul 30, 10 10:08 AM
This game is made by the same devs that made the Puppet Show series and those are great!

I was so involved playing the game that I forgot to look at the guide, but others are saying the game has 3 chapters that are long. I know that I played for 45mins when the trial ended.

I will buy when it comes out at 6.99, if as everyone says it is a long game, i know it is a very large file.

From what I have seen I give it a:

4 out of 5

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Jul 30, 10 10:30 AM
I enjoyed the demo, so I'll buy the regular version when it comes out (as long as it's not too short). I was half-asleep when I played so no review (I'll review the nonCE version). I can say that I wasn't at all impatient with the introduction, which happens sometimes. But the graphics were wonderful and the introduction really set the mood. I did have to laugh a bit that some tasks were taking me a long time and if the laws of physics had applied, I would not have succeeded. (Don't want to be spoiler-y)

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 30, 10 10:36 AM
I don't want to be a party-pooper, but my opinion of the demo is what it is.

Pros
- It has a high quality feel to it.
- I can dig the ghosts and the premise, as far as I got during the demo hour. Interesting.
- Plenty of ambient sounds in the cemetery.
- No problem with the hints. The hint animation is a bit different, but effective lol.

Cons
- Some of the music sounds *too* familiar.
- Walking into an emergency situation and tediously repairing a broken wooden stool with glue. I know we have instant super glue these days, but I'm not familiar with using it on splintered wood - but hey, what do I know... Besides that, there's another stool upstairs that's not broken that the game won't let you use instead... Ugh. All this while there's someone you're supposed to be saving from this emergency, and the situation appears precarious and still dangerous - at the very least, to the one you're to save. These life or death situations in IHOGs may add suspense to the game, but sometimes make me incredulous at the priorities of things the game gives me to do, and impatient, rather than just relaxing and going along for the ride.
- Not sure I understand putting fuses *into* the fuse box and connecting the wires inside in order to turn the power *off*. And how many times do we have to do that particular mini-game in various HOGS...
- Umbrellas and crowbars. I'm getting really sick of looking for those items. My entire life I haven't seen so many as in a couple months of playing HOGs.

I guess that's about all I've got to say about it....

For those of you who love it though, I'm glad for ya and happy gaming . And "do not try this at home".

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 10:53:57 AM PST

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jul 30, 10 11:15 AM
Just finished demo and the only thing that bothered me was it took a very long time to load scenes when you changed rooms. Seems to be a good game with a lot of thinking required. We know that's good for these semi-old brain cells! Very good graphics, music repetative but not intrusive, seems to fit. I will definately buy this when it comes out in regular edition. It definately left me wanting to play more, but not at CE price! A walkthrough would be nice, though. I couldn't find the strategy guide others spoke of, so it took me quite a while to figure things out. But, again, that's good for the brain! For me it's a
That was supposed to be 5 thumbs up!

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 11:16:00 AM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 30, 10 11:22 AM
I'm not having the slow-loading-screens problem. I have 2 Gigs of RAM, so perhaps that makes a difference in the loading times?

I'm looking forward to hearing what the bonus play consists of and how long it takes to complete.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 30, 10 11:39 AM
I forgot to mention it, but the scenes loaded noticeably slower than normal for me too.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 30, 10 2:04 PM
Scenes load slow for me too but my PC is ancient. Overall I'm having no other problems with video, and this is a long game. I'm near the end (I think) of the 2nd chapter and it's taken me about 4.5 hours. That's over 2 hours per chapter at that rate. Not bad at all.

But I did hit a brick wall with a safe combination that the built-in strategy guide won't fully elaborate on.

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Jul 31, 10 12:13 AM
Yes I have jusy done a couple of hours on this game and apart from the slow screen moves....wonderful. I bought the collectors edition and unlike some games, you can access the walkthrough whilst playing - and it saves your open page - not jumping back to the start of the walkthrough again (unlike some where you have to exit the game to access the walkthrough).
Great graphics, good music/effects.......quite tricky hidden object scenes......very much enjoying 00 glad I saved for the collectors edition - - my summer treat!!
Yes - purchase!!!

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jul 31, 10 12:41 PM
Glad it's not just my computer, can't afford any fixes right now - have to buy games! I learned something interesting on another game forum, sorry but I don't know who to credit. If you go to the walkthrough and leave it up on your screen, then start your game, you can go to the walkthrough anytime by clicking (and holding ) alt key then tab key. No need to quit your game, it just pauses it. Then click it back on at the bottom of your screen onto your game when you're done looking at the walkthrough. This was a major breakthrough in game playing for me, since I do need the walkthrough occasionally.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 31, 10 3:45 PM
knickknackblue wrote:

At least gave us a good one after making TGT stand for "todays game today".

HUH? I don't understand what you meant by that?? Perhaps I am just a bit mentally challenged today or something....

Go to: