bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 30, 10 9:07 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 30, 10 9:22 AM
I love the game! A lot of ghosts - just my cup of tea...

After the scary Asylum, quite relaxing play here. You can enter the strategy guide straight from the screen, without exit to the main menu.

Thanks developers! Thanks BF!

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Jul 30, 10 10:19 AM

I loved yesterdays game and I love this one as well. I'm stuck like Chuck, but I'll figure it out!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jul 30, 10 10:22 AM
To keep it short and sweet...I Love It!
It's from the same developers as Puppetshow and they do marvellous work...beautiful graphics and gameplay. I only played a bit of the demo but knew instantly that it was a Buy for me. It is a large file game so I'm sure it must be a pretty good length.
Will buy it beginning August because I don't want to start another punch card for July.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 30, 10 10:45 AM
This is your standard adventure game with HOGs included. You have to travel around all parts of a scene many times to finish all of the tasks and solve the puzzle, an aspect I enjoy very much. The HOG scenes are clear but very busy; the objects tend to be small but story-appropriate.

The game has 2 modes -- advanced and regular. In the regular, hints refresh in 60 seconds, HOG scenes sparkle, and significant objects are indicated by changes in the appearance of the cursor (the basic cursor is a skeleton's arm and hand -- nice touch). A notebook keeps track of all the importnat information you discover. The game does the hard work for you. The mini-games are enjoyable and challenging. A skip button is included.

What distinguishes this game is its ambience: a creepy graveyard with a background noise that sounds like a dyspectic dinosaur, and ghosts, all of whom are unhappy and in need of your assistance to find eternal peace. The one scene outside the cemetery that I played in the demo involved a burning house with a dead body in the hallway and a child trapped upstairs: again, creepy and compelling. The game reminds me of Deadtime Story without the panache. It's a definite buy for me -- I want to run around doing good, help those ghosts and get out of that cemetery!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jul 30, 10 10:51 AM
Really like the game. Storyline is good. Graphics, scenes are amazing.
Love Adventure hogs and this is exactly it. Makes you think but didn't pull my hair out.
Will wait for the Standard Edition, as I don't want the wallpaper, soundtrack and art.
So for me it's not worth the buying the CE. Patience is a virtue and alot less expensive.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 30, 10 10:58 AM
Short amount of time I played the demo, it seemed like a very interesting game. I spent a lot of my time wondering aimlessly. However the feeling of finding useless items is particularly pronounced in this one. I mean the house is burning down and I'm desperately searching for a clothes pin. Oh and I'm surrounded by flames, but at some point I'm going to have to repair a lighter? Not to mention replacing fuses and reattaching the wires in a fuse box in order to turn OFF the power. I don't require my games to be totally logical and understand that you have to suspend belief. Sometimes it"s fun to use a wierd item to accomplish something, but I do like for IHOG games to have some measure of reason and logic.

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 11:17:47 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 30, 10 11:14 AM
Just wanted to know what you thought, seems fine. Bought it, had to buy it in fact, as all BFG CE trial versions just give me a blank screen lately (over 3 months though). Off to play it.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 30, 10 11:14 AM
Just wanted to know what you thought, seems fine. Bought it, had to buy it in fact, as all BFG CE trial versions just give me a blank screen lately (over 3 months though). Off to play it.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Jul 30, 10 11:50 AM
The game looks interesting. I think I will wait for the $6.99 version. The story line keeps you going. I like them spooky.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 30, 10 12:55 PM
NOT
buying NOW, of i wait the Hard Drive space is less & I never use the Art, Music, and Wall Papers.

BUT I do LOVE the study Guide.
My computer has more than enough room for the CE

Like some one else mentioned WATCH the HARD DRIVE SPACE on your COMPUTER "IF" its NOT been up dated .

Happy Gaming
PEN

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Jul 30, 10 1:07 PM
May buy the regular version but not CE.

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Jul 30, 10 1:08 PM
Well, I'm downloading it now, but probably won't buy the collector's edition. If I feel the same way a nw143 does (wandering aimlessly, which I absolutely HATE), I probably won't buy it at all. I bought yesterday's game and had a good time with it. It definitely was not a five star for me, but pretty good. Better than a lot of others that have come out this month.

I haven't been filling my punch card lately and have extra credits left, which never used to happen. Either I'm getting more picky or the games coming out are not so good. Probably a little of both, since I've been playing HOGS for awhile now. Still love 'em, but I definitely have certain requirements (no timer, fast hint recharge, no wandering around getting lost, skip option for mini-games, etc.)

I'm totally tired of match3 and certain mini-games.

Hope ya all have a great weekend and happy gaming!

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Jul 30, 10 1:16 PM
Played the demo and liked the game.Was able to get around and find things just fine.The hidden objects were on the most part easy to see.I will wait to see what is in the extra befor i get the C.E,but did enjoy the demo

[Post New]by RADI7797 on Jul 30, 10 1:33 PM
Love it so far, but am wandering around looking for a belt for the dumbwaiter and a way to get the crow bar. Good story line and excellent graphics. Won't buy until after August 1st for the credit. I may wait for the $6.99 version, I want to buy the cemetary one first.

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Jul 30, 10 1:42 PM
FANTASTIC GAME!!!!!!!!!It is actually up there with rtr and dire grove, YEAH BUDDY, YEAH BUDDY!!! have a great weekend everyone! WELL I JUST FINISHED THE GAME AND I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS IS THE ONLY CE THAT I HAVE PURCHASED WHERE THE BONUS LEVEL IS REALLY REALLY WORTH THE EXTRA CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I RAN INTO A SNAG TRYING TO DO THE VERY LAST PUZZLE , IT WOULDNT LET ME MOVE THE MAGIC SYMBOLS SO I HAD TO SKIP IT.I WAS A LITTLE P'D OFF ABOUT THAT OTHERWISE, AWESOME GAME!!!!

Edited on 07/31/2010 at 6:05:51 AM PST

[Post New]by RADI7797 on Jul 30, 10 2:04 PM
Sorry, I meant Castle of the Shadows.

greyratt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by greyratt on Jul 30, 10 2:57 PM
FINALLY! One that I feel I got my money's worth from. It actually lasts longer than 2 hours when you buy the full version. Not just because of the difficulty, but because it has THREE different full adventures AND a bonus adventure. VERY worth the buy. If you don't like the price, you might want to wait for the standard version. I'm guessing at that point you'd only miss out on the bonus adventure, wallpapers, and strategy guide. However, I've actually had to use the guide on this one and that's kinda rare for me.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jul 30, 10 3:44 PM
Just read Greyratt's post and appreciated it. (By the way, Greyratt, welcome to the pond!)

Sounds like this is a good game. I'm eager to try it. But, as usual on these CE's, I'm wondering just how much bonus gameplay time this CE has. I realize that it would vary some from player to player,.. but could a few of you fishies who have finished the entire game do the rest of us a favor? Please take a few minutes to post how long it took you (in minutes or hours) to play the bonus section.

Classicaljazz

P.S. to the developers: It isn't the wallpapers, screen savers, concept art work, integrated strategy guide, etc., that tempt most of us to buy the CE's. We want a couple of hours or more of bonus gameplay time. In my humble opinion, if all the other extras were left out and 2 or 3 hours of bonus gameplay time were offered in the CE's, I believe a lot more of them would be sold.

xssa
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by xssa on Jul 30, 10 4:13 PM
this is a great game. very chilling, great spooly atomsphere. i agreed with some of the other posts, the house is burning and you're collecting lighter parts - weird. but fun. very creative. great graphics. don't have the money for the ce version, though. and the large file is good to note. i usually delete the games after i play. i think it's the videos that take up so much space, and i don't need the opening sequence. it's lovely, but what a huge amount of space it takes up on the computer. otherwise, great game. loved it, though i finished the demo in under a half hour. can't wait till the walkthrough come out so i can see how long the game is.

Go to: