Victoria5
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Game ended before 60 minute time limit

[Post New]by Victoria5 on Jul 30, 10 9:31 AM
I had 15 minutes left and I was told to finish playing I needed to buy the game. I don't like that -- at least let us play for the entire 60 minutes. Doesn't seem far?

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:Game ended before 60 minute time limit

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jul 30, 10 9:39 AM
It's common with these large file games to only give you through a specific chapter or point in the game. It makes the demo download smaller and costs less bandwidth that way. Other games that have done this are Return to Ravenhearst, Dire Grove, Drawn, Hidden Expedition: Devil's Triangle, etc. It is not, as I originally assumed, an indication of a short game. All of the above were very good and much longer than I had thought they'd be based on the demo time I got!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 30, 10 10:19 AM
krissywillow wrote:When it says "sample version" it's likely up to a certain point rather than an hour.
Sample version trials are always up to a point, however long it takes you.

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

Buy this month or next??? hmmm

[Post New]by poppy85 on Jul 30, 10 10:41 AM
I was so engrossed in the game that I didn't notice the time. Still can't decide whether to buy CE or wait for standard. If I buy this one and one other I will have 3 free games next month. HHmmmmm

Think I'll wait to see how I get on with the asylum one and what comes out over the next 2 days.

One way or another, I will definately have this one.

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Jul 30, 10 3:25 PM
I also had another 18 minutes left on the demo although I liked the game will wait for the cheaper verison to come out.

WhippetLv
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,552 Posts

[Post New]by WhippetLv on Jul 30, 10 5:20 PM
I had 26 minutes left and did all the puzzles too so I see this as a very easy game and to me that is not much meat on it

[Post New]by Queen_of_Night on Jul 30, 10 5:49 PM
Got a RUNTIME-ERROR message that told me that the game was stopped in an unusal way and had to be ended now and please contact the place where you got it..
Maybe not in those exact words but the contense meant the same...It seems like I´m getting quite a few of those messages after download and when playing a Demo from BFG...What goes on ???...Anyone else who have that many failed expirences ?
Greetings

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 30, 10 6:08 PM
WhippetLv wrote:I had 26 minutes left and did all the puzzles too so I see this as a very easy game and to me that is not much meat on it

This CE is easily a 6+ to 8+ hour game. I'm on hour 8 and still going strong. True, I did take small breaks for eating & such, but this thang is long. I remember being disappointed by Dire Groves' "extra stuff". And I remember being very impressed by the extra stuff in that Edgar Allen Poe CE game. The same company that did Poe did this game. And they went even further.

And I gotta say that quite a few mini-puzzles I had to skip because I was not up to the task. Nothing too new, but still tough just the same.

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Jul 30, 10 7:31 PM
I had 24 minutes left on the demo when it kicked me out and told me to buy the full version, this is crap. Liked the time I did get however.

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 7:31:43 PM PST

Go to: