flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

safe

[Post New]by flaxin on Jul 30, 10 10:22 AM
I'm having a problem with the safe, the first number doesn't really have a clear line on where to put the wheel at. I have the Collectors edition so I did look it up but I've tried 30 times and can't get the safe open. Any ideas?

Thanks

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

Re:safe

[Post New]by poppy85 on Jul 30, 10 10:29 AM
All I can say is, 'keep trying'! It's hard to be precise but remember to turn the dial right for the first number, left for the second and right again for the third. Hope you get through it.

Poppy

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Jul 30, 10 10:48 AM
I got it, it was opposite of what was in the Collecters edition. They have turn clockwise first, when actually it's counterclockwise first. heh

Thanks for the encouragement though Poppy, LOVE this game!!

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jul 30, 10 12:01 PM
I have tried every way..clockwise, counterclockwise...to get this safe open. Any ideas or tips or advice on what worked??????

Thanks in advance....

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Jul 30, 10 12:24 PM
I am also having problems with the safe, will try again.. will let you know if I ever get it open

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Jul 30, 10 1:28 PM
Spoiler:

SOLUTION: counterclockwise, then clockwise, then counterclockwise, then clockwise. Complete opposite of strategy guide's solution.

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 1:28:24 PM PST

Corker
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Corker on Jul 30, 10 1:37 PM
I am glitched also..clockwise or counterclockwise...nada. 4-1-7-2
Any other ideas? Thanks

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 1:38:26 PM PST

safe

[Post New]by bvan81 on Jul 30, 10 2:05 PM
kkbodine wrote:I have tried every way..clockwise, counterclockwise...to get this safe open. Any ideas or tips or advice on what worked??????

Thanks in advance....
I found that you turn the safe counterclockwise to 4 and then release the mouse. You should hear a click, proceed to the next number the same way, turn clockwise to one and then release the mouse. If you try to continuously drag to each of the numbers it wont work. Good luck

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 2:07:29 PM PST

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Jul 30, 10 2:20 PM
Wow am I happy we have this forum!! I also kept trying and trying but getting nowhere, thought I was going stupid!! Love this game, if a miswording in the guide is the only problem I run into I must say I love the game. Little tricky at times (which I like). Seems like so many complain if things a little hidden (aren't they named HOG's for that very reason) I like at least some challenge. Another winner BF, keep em' coming!

Corker
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Corker on Jul 30, 10 2:54 PM
Thank you Bvan81!! I was not "releasing" the dial....now I can continue on...btw I love this game!! Thank you again.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 30, 10 4:50 PM
Hi fishies!

Thanks for all of your reports here in the forums. We are looking to fix the issue with incorrect information in the walkthrough. We will keep you posted with any updates and until then you may want to try Marissa707's solution:
counterclockwise, then clockwise, then counterclockwise, then clockwise. Complete opposite of strategy guide's solution.
or, if this doesn't work, try the exact opposite (or the solution on the guide)
clockwise, counterclockwise, clockwise and counterclockwise

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 4:51:44 PM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 30, 10 7:30 PM
I tried the CCW, CW, CCW, CW version and I was successful. The strategy guide is bass ackwards.

[Post New]by rwatson2 on Jul 30, 10 10:38 PM
wow. I was really stuck but your solution worked perfectly. THANK YOU!

[Post New]by jacks6 on Jul 31, 10 4:58 AM
ARRRRRGHH Tried every way to open safe still unable to open, any ideas.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 31, 10 11:08 AM
Over an hour pulling my hair out and as I'm on the verge of screaming, I thought I'd have a look here. So the walkthrough is not right. I will try with your solution, if it doesn't work I'm ready for the asylum. (from now on I hate all kind of safes)

[Post New]by hadrian2 on Aug 1, 10 7:51 AM
Ditto on the safe! I've done everything, dialed numbers correctly numerous times and NOTHING HAPPENS. No SKIP option, either, no matter how long I wait.

[Post New]by dbegerb on Aug 1, 10 12:27 PM
there must be a glitch with it as I am stuck as well. I wish it had a skip button. Maybe they can send us all a patch?

[Post New]by mdsmith6061 on Aug 3, 10 2:32 PM
Completely release the dial between numbers. I had to go counter clockwise not clockwise. When I released the dial between numbers the dial did not move. I normally play all games with the sound off (muted) because I am hearing impaired and what I can hear is distracting. However for the safe puzzle I turned the sound on and listened for the clicks. That helped too.

[Post New]by 121285 on Jan 8, 11 7:22 PM
I have tried everything from counter clockwise to clockwise, and still nothing. I just want to skill it, but I can't. So fustrating. I can't even determine where exactly the line for four is so I tried several of them and still nothing. Could someone please help me. What am I doing wrong? I have tried releasing the dial after each number too.

BeanerECMO
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by BeanerECMO on Apr 10, 11 9:10 PM
It must be a random code, because the WT I have refers to 9-6-1. But, irrespective of that, I can't get the click no matter how slowly I go.

Go to: