SAFE GLITCH

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

SAFE GLITCH

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jul 30, 10 11:48 AM
I have a glitch that does not allow progression of the game. I have tried the correct combo every way possible..starting clockwise and starting counterclockwise..over a hundred times now. Every scene I go to the hint says there is nothing to do at this time...even in the safe room. I have placed both sailors and the note about the code is recorded in my notebook. For now I am stuck..PLEASE fix this so I can go on......erggggggg

Re:SAFE GLITCH

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 30, 10 1:57 PM
I'm having the same problem. You notice that between #s 3, 4, & 5 there are about 5 extra ticks irregularly scratched in there above #4? No clear indication which one represents "4". (Same thing with #9 but that doesn't apply.)
A walkthrough should be more thorough when confronted with ninja moves like that.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 30, 10 4:49 PM
Hey Fishies,

We've been informed on the confusion in the walkthrough and do apologize. We're working on a fix and really do appreciate your patience!

In the meantime, here is a solution from a fellow Fishie:

flaxin wrote:I got it, it was opposite of what was in the Collecters edition. They have turn clockwise first, when actually it's counterclockwise first.

Hope this helps!

-bfgFlounder

[Post New]by bharomi on Jul 30, 10 8:06 PM
You also need to release the mouse button with each number dialed.

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Aug 1, 10 2:44 PM
You are so right Bharomi! Welcome to the forums and thank u for the info. Counterclockwise to start. Release mouse button after the number is selected.... Worked for me!

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Halotop on Aug 1, 10 4:01 PM
counterclockwise worked like a charm... once you start in the corrected direction.. there is no need to worry about the mouse.. it will stop jumping back to 0.. evidently it does this only when you are working in wrong direction.

The problem I have is with the second puzzle within it.. I (finally) got all the balls in the right direction ...and nothing happens...

what gives???

[Post New]by golfnut999 on Aug 1, 10 6:30 PM
It doesn't matter whether I turn clockwise or counter clockwise, I cannot get past the safe. I have all of the items required to complete the game except the safe. Will there be something done about this? $19.95 for a game that won't work is a little over the top! Otherwise, it is a great game and challenging. PLEASE FIX THE SAFE!

jorjan23
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jorjan23 on Aug 1, 10 8:06 PM
I am also having trouble with the safe. This means that now I;m at a stand still and can't finish. Any suggestions.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Aug 2, 10 1:27 AM
Ucwatuget wrote:You are so right Bharomi! Welcome to the forums and thank u for the info. Counterclockwise to start. Release mouse button after the number is selected.... Worked for me!

Thank you! The strategy guide is incorrect, stating clockwise to start, nope! When I started with counterclockwise and released with each number, it worked. Thank you so much. I was starting to have flashbacks of the X#@! fountain from AOM puppeteer.

[Post New]by ddouble on Aug 2, 10 11:45 AM
I have tried all suggestions (thank you), every direction and I still can not get past the safe. Please assist or fix.

[Post New]by RavensWings on Aug 2, 10 4:19 PM
I also have tried clockwise and counterclockwise and the onely thing I have is $19.95 price paid for a standstill.

Kathyju77
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Kathyju77 on Aug 2, 10 4:29 PM
I have tried every suggestion and it still doesn't work!! Very sad, I really like this game. Believingly it will be fixed as it is the higher priced game. Just glad I'm not the only one that still has the problem as I kept thinking I must be doing something wrong.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 2, 10 6:02 PM
bharomi wrote:You also need to release the mouse button with each number dialed.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Katysmom1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Katysmom1 on Aug 2, 10 7:34 PM
Counter clock wise doesn't work either!!!! Help!

Phyrie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Phyrie on Aug 2, 10 8:14 PM
Start at zero. COUNTERCLOCKWISE to 4. RELEASE the mouse. You will hear a "CLICK". CLOCKWISE to 1. RELEASE the mouse. Listen for the "CLICK". COUNTERCLOCKWISE to 7. RELEASE the mouse. "CLICK". CLOCKWISE to 2. OPEN!

It worked for me, I hope it works for you.

isabeau1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by isabeau1 on Aug 3, 10 7:00 AM
I have tried left than right and right than left. I agree that this is extremely frustrating-I was really enjoying this game until now

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Aug 3, 10 8:28 AM
Fishies - you are the best! Had tried clockwise and counterclockwise, but tried it again with my sound "on" (don't usually like the noise and music). Turning counterclockwise slowing, and listening for the click, worked perfectly. Did release after each click, but don't know if that is required - just what I did.

If that doesn't work for you, you might want to doublecheck that you have all the items needed to complete last steps - snake, dreamcatcher, hourglass, nutcracker, feather, envelope. Blank paper will come with completion of safe/snake puzzle.

Puzzle inside safe got me, at first, but I was overthinking it. Just move rings until holes line up with the balls - first small ring, then med, then large. The "pegs" on the inside of the rings catch each other and move the rings around. Once you see it working, it makes sense.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Aug 3, 10 9:06 AM
You all are the greatest..as usual! I tried multiple times, last night, to open that safe, and while I did try reversing the directions, I still couldn't do it. Turning up the sound to hear the clicks worked. Thank you so much!!

[Post New]by RavensWings on Aug 3, 10 3:41 PM
Well, I finally did get the safe to open with releasing the mouse. Problem solved I thought. I did the puzzle and it wants a snake. I try to return to the shed for the green snake and it will not let me bring the jar up since I have already labeled the snakes. Any helpful advice???
It is hard to believe that though I chose to purchase this game no one can tell me how to get the snake into the bottle when I have already labeled the crates. What is more interesting is that no one who is suppose to be a support system on here can look at this frustration and ignore it. Ve4ry disheartening.

Edited on 08/20/2010 at 4:48:58 PM PST

[Post New]by susan4303 on Aug 3, 10 4:51 PM
Is there a fix for this yet???? The other suggestions about counterclockwise and releasing the button didn't work for me. Very frustrating for this amount of $.

Go to: