Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mahjong Magic Islands here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 24, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/24/2018 at 8:58:22 AM PST

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mahjong Magic Islands here.

[Post New]by tejasgal on Apr 24, 18 6:07 AM
The review on the game page talks about the timer. Is there an untimed option?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 24, 18 6:49 AM
tejasgal wrote:The review on the game page talks about the timer. Is there an untimed option?

I'm about to play the demo, I'll come back and let you know

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 24, 18 7:57 AM
tejasgal wrote:The review on the game page talks about the timer. Is there an untimed option?

Sorry to say, but this is a quest driven type mahjong where you must meet level goals to acquire potions, amulets etc, to progress. The third star is earned for removing all tiles, you have to make a specific number of matches within a specified amount of time to earn the other 2 stars. However, I was able to earn all 3 stars every time with not much effort, so it does seem to give you enough time, but this is not a relaxing Mahjong game, you'll need to have a "need for speed"

Hope that helps answer your question, it's a shame we're being flushed down the BF toilet and won't have the resources available to ask our fellow fishies questions, could be a deal-breaker when considering making game purchases for a lot of us

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 24, 18 8:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Mahjong Magic Islands! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mahjong Magic Islands.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Apr 25, 18 1:14 AM
I agree with Pennmom36. This is going to cause a lot of problems to game players. I personally read reveiws on all games before buying. Especially to find out if certain games have a relaxed mode. If not I don't buy. I am very grateful to the reviewists, if this is a word, to provide me with information. Is Big Fish trying to get rid of us!! Some of us do not use the phone to play games. There are people who are housebound that rely on these games and the reviews people have kindly given. Especially the older generation that do not use their phones as extra digits like the younger generation. I think I will use my credits up then go, unless there is somewhere else I can read reviews.
Sorry this is not about this game but there is nowhere else to post this. The notice is locked....

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Apr 25, 18 5:52 AM
pennmom36 wrote:

Sorry to say, but this is a quest driven type mahjong where you must meet level goals to acquire potions, amulets etc, to progress. The third star is earned for removing all tiles, you have to make a specific number of matches within a specified amount of time to earn the other 2 stars. However, I was able to earn all 3 stars every time with not much effort, so it does seem to give you enough time, but this is not a relaxing Mahjong game, you'll need to have a "need for speed"

Hope that helps answer your question, it's a shame we're being flushed down the BF toilet and won't have the resources available to ask our fellow fishies questions, could be a deal-breaker when considering making game purchases for a lot of us

Yes, going to be difficult and a deal breaker.

nypitterpat
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by nypitterpat on Apr 25, 18 7:48 AM
To find reviews for this game and others that will come up, you can always go and register at http://pondfriends.boards.net/
This is where all the other fishies are going to. Hope this helps in making your decision on whether buying a game or not from BFG.

Go to: