Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 26, 18 12:53 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/26/2018 at 8:21:46 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 26, 18 5:56 AM
I love this series. I own all the previous games, and bought this one straight away. In these games at least I get to see colours other than dark blue and turquoise. Don't buy those games without decent colours anymore.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 26, 18 6:49 AM
I feel bummed leaving feedback since the forums will be gone on the 30th of this month! But I'm, enjoying the game, a lot of chapters!
I think BF making a big mistake removing them. The comradely w/ fishes Is a big part of BF! But it is what it is!

Edited on 04/26/2018 at 6:52:31 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 26, 18 8:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition

[Post New]by divaprods on Apr 26, 18 10:12 AM

Edited on 04/26/2018 at 2:15:36 PM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 26, 18 11:33 AM
[Removed by Moderator]
Now I'm off to try this one because I usually enjoy the type of games that Valdy enjoys and I like color added to my games too.

Edited on 04/26/2018 at 2:00:01 PM PST

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Apr 26, 18 12:09 PM

Edited on 04/26/2018 at 2:11:48 PM PST

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by lionscat on Apr 26, 18 12:15 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

I will so miss these forums!!! I really like having a single place to talk to other Fishies, get tech help and find out info on games. Also, the walkthroughs!!! I can't believe they are going to take this away from us.

Edited on 04/26/2018 at 2:06:47 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 26, 18 1:28 PM
I have of these games. I will probably buy this one also.

I'm sure going to miss all of you! Best to you!

Always,
Lisa,

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 26, 18 2:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to swim by and touch base on the topics being discussed in the forums. I can completely understand wanting to know why the forums are closing on April 30, 2018. After exploring many different options, Big Fish Games realized we could no longer sustain the forums. It's our goal to offer players the best service and product possible; due to limitations, we can no longer offer that here.

For more information about the decision, please see the announcement below:

An important announcement about the Big Fish Games Forums - April 26, 2018

On April 30, 2018, the ability to post new content to the forums and the ability to send PM's will be turned off. The forums' content will be archived and will still be accessible to players. For that reason the Moderation Team asks that everyone keep Forum Rules and Review Guidelines in mind, though our time here is short.

Specifically, when writing in designated review threads please remember:

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Reflections of Life: In Screams and Sorrow Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

Keeping these threads focused specifically on game playing experiences will ensure that they remain easy to navigate for future visitors. Thank you for your help with this.

bfgBeruna

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 26, 18 4:59 PM
Hello friends! As always, I review on the game play and let others review on the story line, as they are much better at that than I am. Looks like this might be #6 in this series. I don't have them all, but I do have a couple. This one started out promising, but quickly seemed to go downhill. The graphics weren't too bad and I didn't notice much in the way of blurring in the scenes. The colors were somewhat muted with hints of blue and purple, which is quite tiring on the eyes. Game play was good, with no glitches or problems during the demo. Voices were well done and fit the character and age, with some emotion as well. I did note that we could not click through dialog, most of the time, if we read faster than they speak. Some dialog was much too wordy, and not necessarily all that helpful. Sound FX were quite well done when we had them. Seemed to have a lot of bird noises. Animation was very good. Again we have a helpful owl goes to locations we can't reach.

HOPs were a mixture of silhouettes, place object in scene and interactive lists. Items were not difficult to find. Again, we play the same HOP multiple times and don't seem to move to new areas very quickly. This gets very boring very quickly. You can also switch to a match 3 game if you get tired of the HOPs. Puzzles were extremely simple and took no time or thought to complete. Hint system was very helpful, but I spent so much time in just a couple of locations, I don't know if we have the transport feature or not. However, there is a jump map just in case.

Collectibles were very disappointing. We only need to find "love" letters, which are actually envelopes with a red heart on them. So far, I have found three in each scene. They are plenty large enough to see and quite easy to find. Definitely needed more in this department.

I try very hard to get completely through a demo before I comment on a game. However, I just couldn't do it this time. The story moved so slowly, and we spent so much time in one or two locations, that I got bored and couldn't go on. This game is nowhere near challenging. If I don't care for a game, I at least try to find something positive about it for others who might like it. I think I did that above. However, if you are looking for a good story with enough action to keep you interested and moving, this is not the game for you. I'm sure this will appeal to beginners, but I doubt a seasoned gamer would care much for it. When I beta tested this one, I gave it a 3.5 on my scale, but think it's more like a 3.0. I will recommend for beginners, but this one has nothing that makes me want to get it for myself. No purchase for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews. Play on!

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 26, 18 9:17 PM
I just went ahead and bought this game without trialing it. I have all the others in the series. I thought it was a difficult start. Like going up hill. Seems kind of technical. I buy for the story or hops. I'm on the 5th chapter now and I thought it got better the longer I played. I've got two more chapters to go until the bonus chapter.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Apr 26, 18 9:18 PM
My goodness, I thought I was never going to get out of those first two scenes. It was like being held hostage...back and forth needing this and that...in just those 2 scenes. It was torture. I'll probably be seeing those 2 scenes in my sleep, I was there so long. It took me over 40 minutes to get in that cab and get out of town. I felt desperate for some different scenery. I would have given him anything if I could have. And where does the cabbie take me?... another scene where I was performing multiple, senseless tasks. I knew I was going to be there a very LONG time. Couldn't take it any longer and quit with 40 minutes to go on the demo. How about that for entertainment? I don't think so.

There are 102 collectible love letters (nothing else), that from what I saw just goes into a room where you can click on them and it brings up a scene you can revisit like a transport map. Now there surely can't be 102 scenes in this game or it will be the longest game on record, so maybe I am missing something here, other than my sanity from this demo.

Indicates you can replay hos and puzzles, but the number is locked, It's always something they want to keep from you....and let me tell you they can keep this one, indeed.

This has got to be the slowest moving game in history. Much ado about nothing, that's what it is.

I feel like Michael and passing out.

kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by kiddopal on Apr 27, 18 1:38 AM
Thank you all for your reviews. I am going to try this game based on all of your comments. I do not have the time to trial every game that I think might be to my liking. So I really have appreciated this Reviews section. I will miss it immensely and will purchase far fewer games. Thank you all again.

Go to: