trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

Antiquarian Achievement

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Apr 26, 18 8:37 AM
Achievements – Antiquarian

The toughest achievement is the Antiquarian (Get 100 Ancient Chests) because it is available only for 9 days a year during the Halloween Special. It requires 30 each of the two rarest Halloween items (Witches Hat and Candles) and 20 each of two more common Halloween items. It also requires one of the 2014Collection. (I believe my numbers are correct but may not be). It can not be purchased and it requires about 100 HOs per chest to acquire the necessary ship items(my last 48 chests averaged 96 HOs apiece).

Strategy:

Plan on multiple years to complete: When I decided to pursue this achievement, I had completed 12 chests….hmmm…88 to go…so I decided on 2 years…I did 40 the first year and 48 the second year.

Calculate the number of HOs for each year: For 40 chests, I had to play more than 3800 HOs in 9 days.

Use magnets to increase the number of HOs played: By using 3 magnets per HO, I could do 35 HOs in 10 minutes. That means 11,400 magnets for 40 chests. Calculate the number of magnets you need, the number of days you have to acquire the magnets and divide the days into the magnets…that’ll give you the amount you need to acquire per day. Example, there are about 200 days to get the magnets…so for 40 chests, that’s 57 magnets per day. The easiest (and cheapest) method is to craft the collection on the first page of collections. It requires buttons and chains….get the buttons by using the Hunter’s Hut continuously and the chains by accumulating a lot of black boxes. Also, there are other collections the award the magnet.

Choose the HOs that are fastest to pay and acquire the access items necessary. The Peak on the 3rd island requires 20 or less items to find. It can be played quickly using only 2 magnets per search. That is 7600 magnets for 40 chests.

However the Peak does require Access items to play..Scroll, Ice Splinter and Soulstone…Use the 3rd island Hunter’s Hut with the Dark Traveler for the Soulstone…The easiest method of acquiring the Ice Splinter is to banish the Snowman and it is also available in 3 HOs….the Scroll can be acquired from the Inquisitor, the Student and the Ronin and also 3 HOs. The Scroll and Soulstone are Access items and the Ice Splinter is a Miscellaneous item. Use the appropriate amulets when banishing/bartering for these Access items. 3800 of each Access Item is needed to obtain 40 chests.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

Re:Antiquarian Achievement

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Apr 26, 18 10:48 AM
You're right. It takes playing about 100 scenes (HOS) to obtain one chest

But there are only 17 or 18 items to be picked from the Peak

I used to play the Snow palace very frequently to obtain the ice splits and the silver chain.
And I also play very frequently the Dragon Lawyer because it gives buttons and dragon eggs that can be turned into diamonds during the Spring event. If someone is going for 100 chests in two years or 5000 ships, those diamonds are a friend along the way
I was going to play the Cemetery more often because it gives buttons and scrolls but that was the plan I keep on forgetting and remembering

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Apr 26, 18 2:09 PM
Alex

I'm glad you mentioned the diamonds....like the ship achievement, pursuing diamonds and coins is extremely important. With both the ship and the antiquarian campaigns, I spent the first 15 minutes a day bartering/banishing floaters to earn diamonds and access items.

sanibel4me
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sanibel4me on Apr 28, 18 9:00 PM
Did you find any avatars or amulets helpful in getting the items needed for the chest?

Thanks to you both for your great suggestions! I'm really going to miss this forum...

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Apr 29, 18 6:05 AM
Sanibel

For the Chest items, no special avatar or amulet will make any difference. Every HO will award a chest item always. There is nothing you can do to influence which chest item you receive.

Each Chest will require a 2014Halloween collection. The rate of collection items dropping can be influenced by the Wand or the Golden Fish amulet. Note: Every time you receive a Chest, the number of 2014Halloween collections decreases by one.

Trixie

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Apr 29, 18 9:20 AM
Do you have a favorite amulet? That amulet might make you play more or faster. If that can happen then you have find the perfect amulet. Special items for chests (Halloween or Christmas) can only be influenced by playing a big number of scenes. Well, that is no influence at all but it's better than just giving up.

sanibel4me
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sanibel4me on Apr 29, 18 11:33 AM
Thank you. And a heartfelt thanks to everyone for your great suggestions over the years.

Go to: