suec96
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

new forum

[Post New]by suec96 on Apr 26, 18 3:21 PM
will we still be able to see our in box here?

sue

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:new forum

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 26, 18 3:30 PM
On April 30, this forum will be a read only forum......the Mods have assured us that none of the data will be removed....

This means we will be able to view any of the threads, view any of the threads linked to the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle, and view our "in-box" and "sent" box on THIS site.

The data from those inboxes/sent boxes will remain here and will not be transferred to any new site.......some of us have copied many of the Helpful Links to another forum because we really don't know exactly how long this site will remain viewable.

Soooooo, if you have things in you inbox, you may want to copy them to your computer. ....... In addition, while the Mods have guaranteed that they cannot view those PMs, many of us have cleaned out our mailboxes on this site just in case.

Hope this answers your questions. ..... If not, post again and hopefully I (or someone else) can do better)

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 26, 18 3:35 PM
This is part of the announcement made on 16th April

“Beginning April 30, 2018, posting and private messaging will be disabled on the Big Fish Games forums. Maintaining the wealth of knowledge created and shared by our players is incredibly important to us. All existing content will remain visible to visitors to the forums.”

I understand that to mean that we will not be able to access PM’s. I had messages from friends that were personal so I have copied them & moved them to another place.Some contained email address of friends so I decided to delete all of the PM’s that I had either received or sent & my address book.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 26, 18 3:44 PM
Thanks for the tip, AuntieRoo, will do the same.

Crystal;P

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 26, 18 4:25 PM
Sooo, AuntieRoo..... did I correctly understand that you think the general forum content will be visible/readable, but NOT our PMs (in and sent boxes)?

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 26, 18 4:31 PM
G'day,

Just dropping by to help clarify if that's ok.

After the changes take place on April 30, visitors will be able to view all of the public facing content here in the forums.

Each forum user will also still be able to view any and all Private Messages in their personal Inbox and Sent Box.

I hope this helps,

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 04/26/2018 at 4:32:17 PM PST

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 26, 18 5:10 PM
Thank you

Crystal;P

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 27, 18 2:51 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Sooo, AuntieRoo..... did I correctly understand that you think the general forum content will be visible/readable, but NOT our PMs (in and sent boxes)?

Well the way I see it is this,...
I am not very techy but I am a cautious person,so I didn’t want to wake up on 1st of May to find out I am locked out of my PM’s.
The announcement said the forum is unstable so from a security point I feel I have a duty to my friends to delete any PM’s that contain their email addresses or any that contain my email address.
I do not want to spent the rest of my life worrying that a spammer/hacker will find a way to access the info in my PM’s & I am unable to delete it.
I have no way of knowing if some kind of glitch/ technical error will make my PM’s available for public viewing & again I am not prepared to take that risk.

The easiest solution for my peace of mind is to delete everything & I see no reason to keep them there.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 27, 18 6:39 AM
I have done the same thing.
But it feels as if I have lost a load of long and trusted friends

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Apr 27, 18 11:17 AM
Me too, PTG
I hated deleting the messages but want to be on the safe side for all my friends.
Sigh.
Grateful we have the newly minted Delphi forum but will miss one all the same. It was my first forum ever. And you know they say you never forget your first.

suec96
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by suec96 on Apr 27, 18 12:24 PM
I agree about what you all are saying.
Roo, I just joined and looked at Delphi and I don't get it!!
I like to PM with some friends and thought maybe those of us who can, can post, chat and pm on Facebook.
If you are already on FB, we could (still in this forum) pm each other our FB pages.
I personally don't care who knows about my life (pretty boring at this stage..LOL).
I think of all my MC friends as real friends anyway. Would also get us to know each other better!
yes - no??
Tell me what y'all think.

sue

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 27, 18 12:39 PM
Hi suec96 it would be nice to get to know you but I’m not a member of Facebook & I will never sign up to it especially since the recent reports of personal information being sold to other companies.
Like anything new it will take lots of us a little time to adjust to our new surroundings.It took me a little while to find my way around here. You can find me at Delphi,if not I hope you find other players & wish you good luck in the future.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 27, 18 12:47 PM
Dear suec96

Glad you made it over to a new forum.

I know it’s a bit cluttered, but the main focus is to get members to one of the new forums for Midnight Castle.

At Delphi, many are assisting, Jenifer, our hostess on the site to transfer relevant threads , and organize.

Once you make any post,
like here I am AuntieRoo ! Or any of us , even me, ( Crystal;P )
we could put you on are friend ( address book) or answer any questions.

Also a Master List is being made of all members and what platforms they play on.

All of us are on a learning curve, and helping each other!

Look forward to seeing you over the new forum.

Crystal;P

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 27, 18 2:09 PM
Yes, Delphi is the biggest, but its layout is a big learning curve for some of us.

I would encourage all players to also join the Finish forum
http://finishyourgames.boardhost.com/index.php

(clickable link at the locked thread posted by mod, External Links to New Communities Listed Here! )

as the Finishyourgames forum is incredibly simple to use, and would hate for some players (even less tech savvy than me) to give up, feeling lost.
Once you are signed-in, you can view a listing of all members.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 27, 18 2:51 PM
I have also deleted all my pms and my address book. It may already be too late, but I did it anyway

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 27, 18 3:00 PM
Several days ago..... I deleted contents of in-box and sent folder.....then I deleted the address book also.....

It did not feel cleansing..... it felt as though I was losing things. sigh

suec96
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by suec96 on Apr 27, 18 3:47 PM
12earth45 wrote:Dear suec96

Glad you made it over to a new forum.

I know it’s a bit cluttered, but the main focus is to get members to one of the new forums for Midnight Castle.

At Delphi, many are assisting, Jenifer, our hostess on the site to transfer relevant threads , and organize.

Once you make any post,
like here I am AuntieRoo ! Or any of us , even me, ( Crystal;P )
we could put you on are friend ( address book) or answer any questions.

Also a Master List is being made of all members and what platforms they play on.

All of us are on a learning curve, and helping each other!

Look forward to seeing you over the new forum.

Crystal;P

Thanks so much, all! I will try it, and hope some (most)(all) of you grab me in that forum and show me the way. I'm still a guppy.
(I think?)
I'll give it the 'o'le lady tech' try. I used to feel like the smart one, until that darn phone came around LOL

Thanks,
sue

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Apr 27, 18 7:25 PM
I, too, have deleted all the messages in my inbox and sentbox. I still have three addresses in my address book because I am trying to reach those people before the final shutdown, but I'll be erasing those tomorrow as well.

I relived some wonderful (and a few not so wonderful) memories as I reread some of those messages. Deleting them caused a very unsettling feeling, almost as if I had "unfriended" some very dear friends!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 27, 18 9:11 PM
I FELT THE SAME WAY AS ROO. MINE ARE NOW LONGER THERE. I HAVE THEM LOCKED UP AND WILL GO THROUGH THEM AT LEASURE AND PUT THEM IN A NOTE BOOK. THEN DELETE THE FILE THEY ARE IN. I KNOW MY PC IS PROTECTED BUT NOTHING ELECTRONIC IS TOTALLY SECURE. PAPER UNDER MY CONTROL IS.

Go to: