HELP !!! Dracula 3 and Windows 7 not compatible?

[Post New]by calin05 on Aug 1, 10 5:06 AM
Hello i installed Dracula 3 and i have Windows 7, when i started the game i have 2 mouse arrows when i move the mouse, and the image is blurred( the image is in slow motion), when i move the mouse in the menu and in the game. I have tried to set the compatibility on Windows XP and Vista but it didn't work. So what is the problem? Help please !!! The sound is fine in the game

I have a nvidia card, with the latest driver.And when i install Windows XP all those problems are gone. So, the game isn't compatible with Windows 7?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

HELP !!! Dracula 3 and Windows 7 not compatible?

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 1, 10 5:10 AM
calin05 wrote:I have a nvidia card, with the latest driver.And when i install Windows XP all those problems are gone. So, the game isn't compatible with Windows 7?
That's your problem. nvidia introduced a bug which they haven't fixed yet. There's more about this in the forum but you'd need to go back to driver version 186.20 or turn anti-aliasing off for any Kheops (developer) game.

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 2:22:26 PM PST

Re:HELP !!! Dracula 3 and Windows 7 not compatible?

[Post New]by calin05 on Aug 1, 10 7:12 AM
@Mr_Russ: I have disabled the anti-aliasing and the other features in the nvidia control pannel, but no effect. So i think i need to go back to that driver.. (( Oh Crap !

[Post New]by calin05 on Aug 2, 10 4:58 PM
I have installed the driver 186 and now the problem is gone, but i don't have full screen 1680x1050. Why?

Is a command to change the resolution?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 3, 10 5:05 AM
This is an old game so it's likely that 1680 x 1050 isn't recognised. You can try setting resolutions from your nvidia control panel.

[Post New]by calin05 on Aug 3, 10 9:14 AM
Hello Mr_Russ i come with good news.

I have installed Windows XP SP3 and the new driver from nvidia, the ultimate release.

I have installed the Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon on Windows XP with the the new driver from nvidia, and the game works without any blurred bugs, and the full resolution 1680x1050.

So, that means that nvidia has a bug in the drivers ONLY for the Windows 7 versions! All the XP nvidia drivers works fine for this game !

So, in conclusion if you have Windows 7 and you wanna play this game you need to install the 186 driver to work, but it only works in 1280x1024 resolution.

You must install windows XP and install any driver you want from nvidia, and the game works on XP.
So, thank you for the help, know i have one partition for windows xp, and another one for windows 7. ( multumesc si te salut) romanian language.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 3, 10 9:20 AM
So, that means that nvidia has a bug in the drivers ONLY for the Windows 7 versions!
And Vista.

I wonder if Drac 3 will run in XP compatibility mode on Windows 7 with the new drivers.

[Post New]by calin05 on Aug 3, 10 10:11 AM
I don't have Vista. I have start the game with compatibility mode for windows xp, in windows 7 with the new driver, but it didn't work.

So, i think the game needs the "real" windows xp to run on any drivers properly

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 3, 10 12:03 PM
I have Vista. Windows 7 hadn't been released when the problem was originally reported.

[Post New]by calin05 on Aug 4, 10 7:52 AM
If you have Vista or Windows 7 you will need to downgrade to the 186 driver from nvidia, to play the game. If you have Windows XP you will be able to play the game properly with any drivers, new or old. The problem is nvidia, they have a bug for this game in the drivers for windows vista and windows 7. that's all.

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 7:54:26 AM PST

[Post New]by CalinRO on Jul 19, 11 1:36 AM
So, i have the same problem. No fix ??

[Post New]by billyb64 on Jul 26, 11 12:59 PM
you have a virus on your windows7 run a virus scan. i have windows7 the game runs fine my comp is 4 years old

[Post New]by billyb64 on Jul 26, 11 12:59 PM
you have a virus on your windows7 run a virus scan. i have windows7 the game runs fine my comp is 4 years old

mjasm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mjasm on Dec 10, 13 5:24 PM
Big trouble! I installed Dracula 3 on my HP computer with windows 7. Started the game, only to find that key elements are missing. What is wrong and how can I resolve it? Any help.... please.

Go to: