mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

Share Memories on the Party Down Forum

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 27, 18 1:40 PM
As we reach the last days of these forums, the completely locked forum for Party Down seems an appropriate place to post fond memories of the times we've shared in the BFG Forums. Please take a moment to add a memory at the Party Down Forum. Perhaps you will meet up with a friend you thought was lost.

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Share Memories on the Party Down Forum

[Post New]by Katijay on Apr 27, 18 2:26 PM
I don't have years here at the forum and did not find it until level 76 and became a lurker that ended up with so many questions that I was afraid to ask for fear of sounding dumb & stupid. Sbaker came to my rescue and took me under her wing and I started PMing all those questions I had to her and she graciously answered them all until I felt I could post a few to the forum myself.....Everyone has been so gracious and I shouldn't have felt silly for posting anything......This has been my first forum and I never knew how much I would come to rely on it like my morning coffee and evening wine! Change is always hard, but this will always be my first forum, but am ready to Party ON!!!!......

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 27, 18 2:47 PM
So many people that have disappeared from the forum and game over the years for one reason or another.

Apollogold, Cynthemoler, Drew, Moler's Man, The Doctor, Paz, Snoozle, D@nger, Valdy, LizzieK and her beautiful drawings using emojis, IKacey, Kharlie, Pamkatz, just to name a few. So many more whose names escape my memory, but they are all there on the first few pages of the forums.

My friends, RosieB, Kashmatash,Charlieisr, White Butterfly54, Mad, Nena, mdpetdoc, SusieBaker, Susie, Suenamie, GulfCoast Cookie, Fuzzy, Sadie,AussieGirl1, Aussie_Dot, some who are still with me from those early days,some are my newer friends and those whose forum names I have never known.

Edited to Add, there are many more that I don't have space to name.

Edited on 04/27/2018 at 2:54:10 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 27, 18 3:10 PM
One day, I started looking through my achievements list and found I had many questions......... how do you move the knights? ..... what are the morphing flowers? .... how on earth can you play dice against the dragon when the dragon is in the Forbidden tower and there is no dice table anywhere to be found!?

So, I did a Google search and found the forum....... mostly, I read the Strategy Guide and read some of the posts .... then, I got brave and created an account so I could participate ....

I started making lists because I could not keep track of all I wanted to remember ... and then I realized that perhaps I was not the only one who had those same questions... soooo, I started to share my lists.

Reading some of the posts (does anyone have a list of characters in the game?, for instance) caused me to make even more lists. I felt honored when one of the Mods "stuck" one of my lists to the Helpful Links site.

Many of us have grown in a similar manner on this forum .... from asking very basic, simple questions to being able to answer some for others.

This is/was my first forum and as Katijay mentioned ..... you don't easily forget "firsts"

Edited on 04/27/2018 at 3:11:05 PM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 27, 18 3:19 PM
Sue, you brought back some beautiful memories. I still have LizzieK's butterfly "artwork." She did do beautiful, creative and uplifting emoji drawings.

This game absolutely drew me in and satisfied almost every OCD impulse I ever had. Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, Pics, Notebooks and lists, lists, lists. The Snipping Tool became my best friend.

I know the game still goes on (at least for now) but a very big, enjoyable part of playing is gone. I will miss it here very, very much.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 27, 18 3:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful memories. One of the best parts of moderating this community has been getting to know all of you and read about your history with Midnight Castle. You've made this game's community compelling and beautiful. I wish all of you the very best. Thank you for letting me through the castle doors.

To make this post easy to find, I've added it to the list of important Midnight Castle links below:

External Links to New Communities Listed Here!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna

Edited on 04/27/2018 at 3:39:44 PM PST

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Apr 27, 18 5:15 PM
I looked at other game forums........snarky and mean.......so I was very reluctant to ask a question in this forum.......I was SUCH a newbie.......didn't know how to quote, use the emoticons.......basically anything! So many folks helped and were so gracious and nice I got over my fear and then you couldn't SHUT me up........made so many friends all over the world.......hope to see you all in the new forums, once I figure the new one out!

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Apr 27, 18 6:00 PM
I didn't find the forum until I had been playing 14 months. I remember asking what the gold keys were for. Once I found it, I visited everyday, more than once. Eventually, I started answering other's questions. Players and mods helped me over many a rough spot. I have found it to be welcoming, informative, entertaining, and supportive. I will miss it...I can ALWAYS find my posts and it is easy to see what the thread is about. May we all meet again. Betty

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 27, 18 6:10 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:I looked at other game forums........snarky and mean.......so I was very reluctant to ask a question in this forum.......I was SUCH a newbie.......didn't know how to quote, use the emoticons.......basically anything! So many folks helped and were so gracious and nice I got over my fear and then you couldn't SHUT me up........made so many friends all over the world.......hope to see you all in the new forums, once I figure the new one out!

And now we're forever going to be remembered as manatees, newbie no longer. I just wish we had better fish for our place in history

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Apr 27, 18 6:21 PM
Thanks for the memories. This forum is the best! People here become not only helpful players, but also friends. That's very special!

Thank you all for your help with the game, your gifts, and your support and friendship.

Judibeth

[Post New]by kiwidownunder on Apr 27, 18 7:21 PM
Clearly The Best Forum ,....
I Have Meet Some Great Personalitys Over The Years ...Without A Doubt I Will Miss It

By My Reckoning Before Its Too Late ,Someone Should Spark Up A Thread For People Such As "Annielegram,...Whitebutterfly,...Tiramasue And Others For Their Input Over The Years ,..Theres 2 Threads Thanking The Mods ,...Yet To See Something For These People ,...So How About It

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Apr 27, 18 8:12 PM
My story.

I originally came here searching for friend codes as I figured it would be the best place to look.

Am I ever glad I did. I was gobsmacked on just how much I did not know about the game. So did a lot of reading and lurking at first. Not that I am shy by any means. Just wanted to get to know everyone first to get a feel of the type of people here. For me it was a piece of heaven. I have laughed at the antics and those of myself. It became a part of my game. I was here everyday playing the game and constantly refreshing my browser for that next post.

Then a little over a year ago my life went from being great to a living nightmare. Some may remember some of those desperate post. I know Dhyani did.

I got kicked out of my moms house because I was manic. How Dare Me...I dont turn into a monster by any means. Ended up homeless, sleeping in my truck, till the truck and EVERYTHING I own was stolen. TV, Computer Tablet, clothes.. well everything except what I had on me at the Time. Spent 6 months in a group home for homeless people. My son finally saw that I am normal and not a crazed lunitic 24/7 and invited me to live with him.

He finally decided to let me use his back up business computer since it it rarely used .Got my Big Fish account unlocked and my game restored (thank god totally intact sans friends) and was ready to resume life as a Castle dweller and playing the game .
The spring event had already started so had to catch up on that since the last I played was just before the last spring event started.

Then BAMMMM got hit with the news like everyone else. I just reconnected to all of you guys that I had missed so much. It was like knife in the heart after being just on my own and struggling to not have anyone to really talk to, cry too except on my dear friend I have in Nepal, He is my rock, my strength and how I kept going. it was like have the rug pulled from under my feet AGAIN,

But God Bless Jenifer she is my hero and alot of others hero for taking on such a huge project so fast that I offered to anything I could to help her make it happen and make if fast. I was already looking at forum software to building a forum myself if thats what it took.

To be honest I actually prefer our new home. My family is there. I am again laughing and enjoying myself. Helping and feel more like myself than I have for a year.

God Bless you all

If this is deemed to personal and removed I will post in new home.

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Apr 27, 18 8:13 PM
Sorry for the long post but I had alot to say A year is like a lifetime
And now I am ccrying like a little baby.

Edited on 04/27/2018 at 8:16:05 PM PST

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Apr 27, 18 10:11 PM
I wonder if the people that run BFG know how much the forums mean to the players.
It's not just game talk. It's REAL PEOPLE that use the forums as a place to release and rejoice in their every day lives.. Friendships have been formed that will last farther than just games.
The help that people here give to new players asking the same questions.. and they answer.
I'm going to stop now..
But thank you ALL, mods, friends, players for everything.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 27, 18 11:58 PM
FreakieFaerie wrote:Sorry for the long post but I had alot to say A year is like a lifetime
And now I am ccrying like a little baby.

I am now crying after reading your previous post. I am so glad you found this forum and the great friends that are here.

I truly believe that I was meant to read the email that I received about this game, rather than just send it straight to deleted. I had just retired 3 months before, move to another state, where I only knew two people and was on the verge of Chronic Fatigue. This game and the friends I made kept me going.

To have friends all over the world has made a great difference to my life, how much more so must it mean to those who are shut-ins, suffering terminal illness, and just feeling down right rotten about life.

I will miss this forum more than words can say, but at least I can still chat with many of my friends elsewhere.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Apr 28, 18 12:02 AM
Pagan Twilight one of my first friends and another Zoni

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Apr 28, 18 5:24 AM
Anna I know a few with CFS and know its is a terrible thing to have.

COPD here, Fibromylgia Not fun at all random pain but have learned to deal with it without pain medications had to get off that stuff. So glad I did.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Apr 28, 18 7:18 AM
I started playing this game way back near the beginning. I was playing some other FTP games, too. I stopped playing all of them for a while because it seemed like I was spending way too much time on them. I missed this game. So, after managing to miss the Great Lockout and the whichever level it was that required months for one quest, I started playing again and have been playing ever since.

Despite moving in the middle of one holiday event, I've managed to complete all of the achievements it's possible to complete up to now (not Miss Trina or the other super long-time ones). I've gotten all of the pets and avatars and so on. And I keep thinking I really play too much. But...I don't want to stop my streak. So I keep going. When I started wondering if I spent too much time, my late husband asked me, "Are you enjoying it?" When I said yes, he said, then there's no problem. So, I remember his wise words and play on.

The forums have been so much fun. I've enjoyed meeting everyone. There's no way I could create a list of my forum and in game friends. It would take way too long. I've had a few in game friends since I first started playing. It makes me sad that we're going to be scattered. Some to Delphi, some to Pondfriends, some will just disappear. Or read Facebook. But, the one constant in life is that it changes. So, we'll cope and keep on stormin' our favorite castle as long as we can.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Apr 28, 18 10:08 AM
I started to play MC on 1st January 2016. Enjoyed it a lot but then got stuck on level 32. I could not get Unique Stamps. I had played a lot of HOS games before so I thought I am doing something wrong.
I came to this site looking for a walkthrough. There was not one. I noticed the word forum and thought: what is that. I discovered this forum.
I was afraid of many things. Playing online, getting friends for my game and posting in this forum was a big "not on your life".
I saw a post and sent a pm. She became my first friend and helped me.
I took the plunge and did my first post on 24st January 2016.
I am now on level 77. Taking my time and still enjoying the game.
Massive thank you to everyone who asked questions and gave up their time to answer my posts.
Once I discovered the New Strategy Guide, it became my bible. Never started a level without consulting the Guide first.
I have read as much as I could but did not really post a lot.
I have laughed and cried reading some of the threads.
Thank you all.

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 10:09:53 AM PST

[Post New]by anglegirlsandy on Apr 28, 18 10:18 AM
I've actually been playing this game for several years but didn't get very far because I was working full time. I fell in love with it right away. I spent as much time playing as I could. My husband never complained about the amount of time I spent on this game. Then 2 years ago I lost him. At first I had a very hard time. I wasn't doing anything including playing my game. I was having a very hard time sleeping at night so I started playing the game at night when I couldn't sleep. Then I ended up having to retire and thats when I found the forum. I also had a lot of questions and people were so helpful. I especially want to thank Annelliegram and Auntie Roo. Desert Druid was also a big help. I found out there was a lot about this game I didn't know. This game has seen me through an awful lot of sleepless nights and a lot of hard times. I have found a lot of friends on here but I've recently found one very dear friend (Judy) who has been a very big blessing for me. I know that God sends people into our lives when we need them and this game has done that for me. I'm glad we have a new home to go to and I thank Jennifer for that but I am really gonna miss this forum and everything it has stood for.

Go to: