bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 1, 10 10:03 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 5:31:22 PM PST

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Post any Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira technical issues here only

[Post New]by togood2be on Aug 1, 10 8:06 PM
I guess I am first, glitchy game. Music skips and stutters, page loading stutters, so does the cursor when you click an item and then you get a penalty lol Not a buy for me.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Aug 1, 10 8:36 PM
I hope your aware this game will not start if you dont have speakers. I dont have any use for speakers. Just wanted to let you know .

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Aug 2, 10 6:33 AM
Well, the game keeps crashing almost every time it opens a new HOG scene (after the postcard entry), each time giving an error message from "Adventure Game" about an "internal error, could not write to save file". I restarted the game several times, trying as 3 different characters, and the game crashed every time after 5-15 minutes of play.

I'm giving up trying to play this game now. Too bad, because I found it quite entertaining actually, and the different views of the various characters were amusing.

Edited on 08/02/2010 at 7:46:02 AM PST

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Aug 2, 10 10:41 AM
I can't get the game to uninstall. It keeps saying that it's still running, and to quit the game before uninstalling. I already quit. I also can't go back in to play it either. Thought maybe I could do that, play for 2 minutes, and exit. But that didn't work either. Even my Control Panel won't get rid of it.

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Aug 2, 10 7:25 PM
I played the game for 15 mins with no problems. When I went to play again, I got an error message that said "Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author."

[Post New]by HimalayaStudios on Aug 2, 10 9:28 PM
Here's a re-paste of some information I posted in another thread:

Hi, I'm Chris, one of the developers of Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira. Thanks for trying the game and providing us with some useful feedback!

Based on player suggestions on this forum, we're currently working hard at addressing some of the issues that have been mentioned for a new build of the game. Here's a list of the main things we're tweaking:

1) When playing in "Relaxed" mode, the player will get unlimited Skip Tokens to use across all mini-games. (No more getting stuck on them).

2) The player will start new games with 4 Hint Tokens instead of 2, to provide a little more leniency.

3) In the options, you will be able to select to use the System Mouse Cursors instead of the Game Cursors (they resemble the white Windows mouse icons).

[removed by moderator]

5) A few other small, miscellaneous tweaks here and there.

[removed by moderator]

pjmatt: Strange! We actually have a deaf artist on our development team, but he's never experienced this before when playing our games, so we weren't aware of the issue. The game not starting without headphones/speakers installed may be a limitation of the game engine we use,[removed by moderator]

[removed by moderator]

grumpy1123 & fairjuno: [removed by moderator] I'd recommend contacting their technical support directly by using the information mentioned in the top post of this thread.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 1:36:23 PM PST

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Aug 3, 10 8:15 AM
Sorry, developers, but I don't think it has anything to do with the BF installers. They have worked fine on every other game, even minutes before and after this one.

All these other issues you mentioned should have been worked out before the game was released. For your sake, I suggest that you do some Beta testing ahead of time, as the members on this site are used to high quality games from BF.

[Post New]by HimalayaStudios on Aug 3, 10 8:58 AM
We really have no control over the install or uninstall process. That part is set up entirely on Big Fish's side with their own software. This compatibility and functionality can't be tested by us, as we don't get to examine the final installer before BFG makes the game live on the site.

In regards to the other things, sure, we beta tested the game, but obviously when releasing a title to a much wider community (in this case, thousands of people) it's inevitable that some issues will be found that didn't occur during play-tests with a much smaller pool of testers. No developer wants to release a buggy game (let's face it, why would they if it means loss of sales?) But this goes with the territory of game development. Remember, other developers have the benefit of having released previous HOG titles to BFG's audience, and have been able to tweak their games/engines so that subsequent releases don't suffer repeat issues.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the game's mechanics allocating hint skip tokens. Our beta testers thought the balance was fair, and some players posing here do as well. But that's not necessarily a reflection of what the wider BFG community might want. Unfortunately there's really no way to judge that ahead of time without just releasing a game and learning from experience. Posters have spoken about what features they like/dislike, and that's fair enough; we'll adapt the game to suit the kind of functionality that appeals to the most people.

Yes, I agree it would have been ideal to hit every mark on the first try with these issues, but having released no previous HOGs to draw feedback from, the second best thing we can do is release a new build of this one that covers the requests people have been making.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 9:36:19 AM PST

[Post New]by redheadfish on Aug 3, 10 1:21 PM
Cannot load this game, dreaded black screen and music in the background.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Aug 3, 10 2:16 PM
Hi Chris,

I made a short general post to you on the other thread, and will post the details about my frequent crashes here in this technical thread:

Concerning my problem with the frequent crashes, I would gladly have pasted the error message for you... it had a number code and everthing. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I enjoyed the game so much that I eventually - crashing and restarting over and over - managed to spend my whole trial hour. That means I can't open the game anymore to bring up the error message. Too bad - I'd really want to help you fix it so I could buy the game.

What I can tell you about the crashing is as follows:

I tried several characters and player accounts, but that didn't make a difference in the crash frequency. With one character I made it to the eight postcard before the time ran out, so I got a pretty good impression of when it happens.

The first postcard/hidden scene always went well. After the minigame and second postcard being read, the game opens to show the second hidden object scene - for a flash of a second - before crashing to desktop. If I restarted the game, it would let me continue through the next H0 scene and the next minigame - and next postcard being read. So in short, it crashed to desktop EVERY time a NEW hidden object scene opened up. I assume there is some process the game does at that point which causes the crashes.

The error message window would read something like
"Adventure Game Manager
"An internal error has occurred. Error code so and so. Could not write to save-file."

I hope this can be of some help, even though I can't get the error code back to give you the exact number.

I'm running Vista with all drivers updated.

[Post New]by HimalayaStudios on Aug 3, 10 7:11 PM
Hi, annatar,

Thanks for the reply. Ah, if you received an error message like "Could not write to save-file", it sounds like it could be a file Permissions issue in Windows. Are you running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7?

Could you please try going onto BFG's Live Chat and mentioning to them exactly what you have just posted above? This sounds to me like an issue that can only be resolved on BFG's side.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Chris

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Aug 11, 10 11:23 AM
I had the problem of the game not wanting to start.
Had to click several times on "play" to get the error message of game already running. Once I clicked the "ok" on the error message, the game would start. Even with this "work around", the game was very slow to open. All of this chewed up demo time.

When I tried to open the game with the desktop icon, it only brought up the Game Manager. I will delete this game and maybe try again at a later date when bugs have been fixed.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 12, 10 5:31 PM
Hey everyone!

There is a new version available for Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira that fixes some of the reported issues. Click the link above to check it out!

We're going to go ahead and lock this tech thread and direct everyone to the new one so that we can make sure to have the most recent information. This way we can help you more efficiently. Here is the new technical thread.

If you have posted something in the old thread but are still experiencing this issue, feel free to re-post in the new tech thread.

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks everyone!
bfgTigris

Go to: