bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Forgotten Lands: First Colony ™ forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 5, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to Forgotten Lands: First Colony ™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Forgotten Lands: First Colony ™ players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Forgotten Lands: First Colony ™ forum

[Post New]by nemone on Nov 9, 08 9:08 AM
Hello,

I'm stuck on level 28, I tried every version, but I have never enough time to finish the goals !
Please someone can help me ? I'm looking for the perfect way to do things in order.

Thanks a lot

cardano
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by cardano on Nov 9, 08 12:36 PM
Recruit Leaders, they can earn over 90 gold per cycle when placed in a Market. Or, recruit tons of Merchants and have them work near the Treasury landmark.

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on Nov 10, 08 11:24 AM
This one was tough for me to get the yellow flag on - I finally beat it by starting with one worker (create the farm) three scouts (one on the gem mine, two on the gold piles), when the farm populates buy a defender for the mine, then move all the scouts to the mine and get the gems to buy the sawmill, etc. I also destroyed the factory right away to have wood to upgrade. I only upgraded the gem mine 2x, then focused on wood and keeping enough food for everyone. When all three nomad buildings were purchased I destroyed the mine and sent the scouts elsewhere.

Hope that helps!

[Post New]by dsrtrose1 on Nov 13, 08 9:39 PM
I keep tring to download this game and have been for several days now however it tells me each time that unable to connect to bigfish. check ur internet connection and try again. Well I have a dsl so I am always conneted to the net can anyone help me Please.
Thanks in advance.

mag24111
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by mag24111 on Nov 15, 08 12:14 AM
Im stuck on Level 30. I cant ever get the 4 star lumber mill in time to buy the 14 woodsmen. Anyone care to help me with the order of things? Ive come close but not good enough!

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 15, 08 10:59 AM
One way to get gold here is to put the woodsman on the drill immediately, buy 2 scouts to harvest wood and gold, and one worker to build a farm right in the middle.

Buy another worker to destroy the existing mine and build a lumber mill near the silo.

Get defenders and scholars to work on upgrading the farm at least once to start, then the lumber mill.

Hire more workers to build a mine and an academy in the empty spaces. You only need to mine 50 crystals to buy the farm (I never needed the market . . .) Once you've got the second farm, destroy it and build a guild, destroy the mine and build a factory.

Sell off the scouts and load up on scholars and defenders, upgrading the academy first, then the factory, finally the guild (the guild becomes key when buying the woodsmen at the end).

While you're rotating the scholars around, upgrade the farm to 3 stars by the end but focus on loading up the mill with scholars to get it to 4 stars as quickly as possible.

The guild makes the woodsman cheap and fast, the factory lets them cycle through their work faster so you should be able to finish well under the yellow flag.

[Post New]by starcrazed on Nov 16, 08 3:16 PM
I'm having a big problem with L31...how do I get to 200 wood per cycle without being able to buy a lumber mill???

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 17, 08 4:16 AM
Leaders placed at the market produce quite a bit of wood . . .

Along the way, trade money for wood at the market

[Post New]by alicethecat1948 on Nov 20, 08 5:55 AM
how do you get the points on lvl 20 intime I have everything but keep loosing due to those points

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by 2830 on Dec 18, 08 5:59 PM
i am stuck on level 28 i will keep trying i read that someone had spent 3 days on the next level. if i still cannot grt through it in 3 days i will check back. ttfn

[Post New]by genealogyjones on Dec 19, 08 6:07 PM
I LOVE this game.....I have many games, but this one, I keep going back to play some more. Now, I am trying to turn all the red flags into yellow.....when I am done with that (and I am close) I will start the whole game over again....it is soooooo much fun.

Shari

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 20, 08 7:24 PM
tawd wrote:I can't get a yellow flag on level twenty - the one with the castle. I miss it by twenty or thirty seconds everytime. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

You're not the only one to have problems with this level! Here's the thread for solutions/suggestions: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/10951.page

[Post New]by moregems on May 12, 10 2:59 AM
I need help on 29 please!!!!!!!!
Has anyone done a walkthrough?

Thank you,

[Post New]by unicornfish on May 28, 10 1:21 AM
I'm stuck on L29 too Any help?

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jun 5, 10 11:05 AM
For people who enjoy this type of game, it seems to be well done. I enjoy some of these but just not this one. It's a no go for me.

baroukers
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by baroukers on Jun 6, 10 10:29 AM
Neither my husband nor I have been able to beat the last bonus level. We've gotten to within one leader of so of winning, and the time runs out. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Forgotten Lands: First Colony ™ forum

[Post New]by bjntbear99 on Jun 13, 10 6:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone is having a problem with Forgotten Lands: First Colony. Everytime I get to certain levels and it seems to reset itself. So I never get to finish the game. I have windows 7 I was wondering in there is any fixes for this. It is very iritating.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 15, 10 7:36 AM
Decided to give this game a try today, it looked interesting. It's a cute game and requires strategy to finish the levels. The one thing I found annoying and made it more confusing was the people being referred to as "units" - to me, I think unit, I think an item - a stack of wood, a gem, etc. Anyway, your job is basically lead the colony you are given. Each level you are given specific requirements to satisfy. You have to allot for enough food & resources to achieve those goals. There are also "Bonus Stages" available from the Main Menu. I tried to do one but found that it included stuff I had not yet been advised about in the tutorial. I guess I will leave those for later! Your main job in the game is employment management - you have workers, scouts, merchants, scholars, cultivators, etc. and they each bring different things to different areas you could employ them. Managing them successfully so that you may finish your goal within the time limit is the whole point of the game. I certainly enjoyed playing and look forward to what else this game has to offer beyond the demo time period. I will be purchasing this one - it looks like it will be challenging and keep me busy for quite a while.

Shane19
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Shane19 on Sep 17, 10 10:04 PM
Fun time management game for the most part. A nice change of pace having to manage the units and build up your resources in the right order.

The main gripe I had was that I found the defender problems (and the ease with which they can cause you to lose a scenario in an instant) to be thoroughly frustrating. I'm 4 levels away from finishing (in addition to the bonus levels I have not touched yet). Moving on to something else for now. Not sure if I want to bother with the ending, but I did get a good 28 levels out of it before getting fed up.

Go to: