honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

Technical Problems Galore! Who want's to take responsibility

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 1, 10 11:16 AM
In an earlier post:
[quote=pdebusk wrote) I'm completely at my wit's end with this game. I wrote to Customer Support last week and sent them the Dr. Felix file as requested, and even sent a follow-up note to make sure they got it, but no response whatsoever. I've also sent another letter letting them know that in three years, this is the least attention I've received when writing them about a problem. I also wrote to Skunk Studios who asked me for a different set of info. They were more prompt in getting back to me than BF,

I'm a huge fan of BF and I think their customer service ROCKS, but when I receive poor service from them, which has NEVER happened before, I felt I should let them know about it. In addition, I sent a note to Picman with a copy of the correspondence to date. i realize that may be a little bit of overkill, but I'm frustrated at the seeming brush off that I'm getting.

I hope no one is upset with me and I'm not normally a complainer, but in this case I felt enough was enough.

No anger towards you at all pdebusk. I think we are all more than a bit upset with the developers for ignoring to date 92 and counting complaints. I too wrote them a letter ( just sent it ) and feel that if everyone would do the same we might get something done about this. As for BF it's probably time guy's to let Skunk Studio's know that if they don't do something about this then their games are off BFG list. After all they obviously know that you have one of the largest list in the world and I think they're taking advantage of us all. JMHO

I received a response from the developers as follows:

"Have you taken your complaints to the Big Fish support team? They are some of the best and effectively consolidate concerns and relay them to QA to verify and identify fixes both Skunk Studios and Big Fish have worked out. Many issues relate to out-of-date hardware and plugins. We receive bug reports directly from Big Fish and address them accordingly. We don't control when updates get released. Please contact the Big Fish customer service and they should be able to answer any questions you may have."

Also: "Most technical issues are identified through a grueling QA process but if you're familiar with PC's there's so many variations that it's impossible to catch everything. Big Fish will log the bugs and prioritize them to us and we'll fix and pass the updated build to them for it to be posted. To date we don't have a

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 11:35:25 AM PST

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

Re:Technical Problems Galore! Who want's to take responsibility

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 1, 10 11:17 AM
To date we don't have request for a new build and it's not something we can force Big Fish to push. The more issue brought directly to their support team the more likely we'll be able to try and address the problems you and the other complaints may have.

So who will see to it that this game is taken care of??? I love BFG but I'm a bit aggravated in seeing the ball passed back and forth. HELP BFG And Thank you.

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 11:29:54 AM PST

[Post New]by buddymolly1264 on Aug 2, 10 9:09 AM
I too am in a technical problem with this game. I wrote to support team about the Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole about a 3 weeks ago or so and haven't heard from them since. I am very disappointed with them right now. I paid for a game I can't even enjoy playing. Can someone out there fix the problem? Or are we continuing to be ignored. I have bought many games from BFG and would like to continue......however??????

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Aug 2, 10 11:05 AM
Well done Honeyg....
You can't believe how glad I am to see a thread like this in the forum at last! I just wish I'd have done what you've done, it would certainly have stopped me wasting my time "posting" in the Technical Issues thread....along with a heck of a lot of other disgruntled Gamers who are floundering around trying to get some sort of response from B.F. & ultimately from the developers, that is if they're not too busy coming up with their next "moneyspinner" which may or may not have a glut of glitches too.
It seems that we can shout our heads off but it makes no difference what so ever.
If anybody out there has got any ideas on how we can make our voices heard over the **** of I'd love to hear your thoughts.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 2, 10 8:14 PM
Thanks BuddyMolly and Tribrach for agreeing with me though I know that many others also feel as we do.

As you can see my original note to them (developers) was kind but firm and as follows:
"I am a member of Big Fish and am so disappointed with your developers for ignoring to date over 92 complaints about this game over at the BFG forums. I believe, like most, that developers look from time to time at the forums to see how their games are doing. If not then they should not be selling their games considering it's a slap in the face to those of us who support you and purchase the games. How anyone could ignore the amount of complaints about this game is beyond me. After waiting a month to hear if there would be a fix to Flux Family we have heard nothing. Won't you be so kind as to at least take a look at our forum and respond in a message what your intentions are?????
Thank you "

When I received their response I felt a bit shafted. If the developers have visited BFG forum and see that there are numerous complaints in regards to the game then why do they have to wait for a formal request to reissue the game??? Still feels like someone is playing ball between the developers and BF. I guess we're all just the small fishies caught in the middle of this big sea. JMHO as I fight for a game I truly love.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Aug 2, 10 8:51 PM
Uh, so far all I see here are complaints about having problems but did I seriously miss something? What are the problems? I found a couple and wrote Skunk. They were very nice about it and said they issued a revision so did you guys not D/L it? Just ask and maybe I can help because I am VERY familiar with the game and willing to help if I know exactly what the prob is.

Edited on 08/02/2010 at 8:52:29 PM PST

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Aug 3, 10 1:33 AM
O.k. so you wrote to Skunk & they say that they have issued a "revision" great....for you maybe IdahoDi, BUT as far as I'm concerned, any available updates are shown on the Game Manager & there has certainly been nothing on that front!

So B.F. have we (or you) missed something, or are these all problem solving revisions lost in the ether somewhere?

I'd love to hear from you IdahoDi, & maybe you can tell me (& all the others....over100 complaints & rising...) why the game is so slow & sometimes even grinds to a halt. Oh & yes, I've checked on all updates for my "puter" & I'm up to date, "DxDiag" has thrown up nothing & even a checkout by Dr. Felix showed I'm in good health!

I don't mean this post to sound rude to you ...but like all the others that have paid for this game but been unable to get on with their gameplay, frustration is well & truly setting in!

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Aug 3, 10 1:50 AM
Hi again, I just wanted to add something to what I just posted,
....it's not that we don't understand this game or can't move foreward because we're stuck (on a puzzle for example),
Our complaint is that we can't get the game to run properly....just go & have a look at all the "Technical Issues" postings & then maybe you'll see the extent of the problem.

pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by pdebusk on Aug 3, 10 9:01 AM
When I submitted the post which Honeyg412 used to open this thread, I was more than a little angry and probably spouted off more than I should have.

That being said, however, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still very disappointed that no one has seen fit to come up with a fix for this game. I loved the first one and when I played the demo of the second one, it played beautifully. The trouble started when I downloaded the full version.

It cannot be mere coincidence that so many people are having such similar problems. I agree with Tribrach - I haven't seen anything about a revised version anywhere.

I do think it's a sad state of affairs when even the developer apparently isn't interested in making their own product the best it can be. I have to wonder how many sales they've lost because people have read about all the technical problems and decided not to purchase it..

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 9:01:50 AM PST

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 4, 10 6:00 PM
IdahoDi wrote:Uh, so far all I see here are complaints about having problems but did I seriously miss something? What are the problems? I found a couple and wrote Skunk. They were very nice about it and said they issued a revision so did you guys not D/L it? Just ask and maybe I can help because I am VERY familiar with the game and willing to help if I know exactly what the prob is.

Uh, IdahoDi - yes you seriously missed something in the form of over 100 complaints about this game NOT working. This is not 1 or 2 people having a few problems but numerous persons all having the same problems and to date I have not seen a revision. If you've received one then I'm happy for you and would appreciate you sharing with us all how you received a working game while we are still waiting.
Happy Gaming Idaho

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Aug 6, 10 1:11 AM
Well IdahoDi, I'm with honeyg on this!
Although it would appear that we are almost the last ones to still be crying out for a "fix" on this game.....
Seems like everybody else with "glitches" has either thrown in the towel..dumped the game, & got their money back....

OR .....
you've managed to contact Skunk themselves (as you did previously) & persuade them to share this problem solving download with us (the general game buying public!) somewhere here on the forum....in which case,(remember, I asked for your help yesterday, as did Di)....a hint as to where to find it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance Idaho.

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Aug 10, 10 4:59 PM
I am so glad this thread is here. I too wrote BF but have received no response. I did not have security problems and can not speak to the game running slow as my problem is the cut of 'top & bottom as well as right side of screen going farther than I can see. This is a problem and I too am getting no response. BF support team has always been so helpful, this is not like them to ignore their customers so blantently. Wonder if all the problems were also in the CE edition, just wondering.

Re:Technical Problems Galore! PLEASE HELP!!

[Post New]by Ghyllpatch on Mar 9, 11 2:55 PM
HI, I thought this game was ok and was enjoying playing it with no real problems. However, I came to play it again this evening only to find that I can't progress because the last hidden object scene which I had just finished last time and which gave me a tea box and another item with coins I think, when I opened the game this time, these items are missing from my inventory so I can't complete the very last part of this chapter!! I have to put two items obtained together into a 'recipe' below deck and I can't because they've not appeared on the bottom of my screen when I started the game again.
IS THERE ANY WAY OF RE-STARTING A LEVEL OR CHAPTER? OTHERWISE I'LL HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH & I'VE PLAYED MOST OF THE GAME NOW & SPENT HOURS ON IT!!
Please help me!

[Post New]by ELHAROY on Apr 24, 11 5:07 PM
I HAVE PURCHASED AND PLAYER NUMEROUS GAMES BUT THIS ONE WARRANTS A REFUND. IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING- I JUST WENT AROUND IN CIRCLES. THANK YOU

[Post New]by shakyshakyme on Jul 2, 14 12:22 PM
My issues:
1. Game won't open to full screen.
2. There is very poor "help" in that "pieces" that you are supposed to look for are not there (reading lamp in Library, for example). Walkthrough says "Go down. Place the READING LAMP on the table..." Where the heck is the READING LAMP???
3. Moderator(s) for this forum have dropped the ball and are not providing any answers to many, many questions.

I bought this game in 2010. You'd think they would have fixed it by now.

Go to: