Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 28, 18 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 11:09:57 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Apr 28, 18 1:39 AM
Well everything was going fine until what I think was supposed to be the end of the demo. The guy I was chasing had just stolen another soul and sent a big black dog-like creature at me when everything went black. I could see my cursor, but that was it. I hit the Esc key and it brought up the menu where I could click to exit the game. I liked the demo, and was planning on purchasing the game until this glitch came up. Running Win 10 on a PC, everything up to date.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 28, 18 6:26 AM
SquirrelGirrrl wrote:Well everything was going fine until what I think was supposed to be the end of the demo. The guy I was chasing had just stolen another soul and sent a big black dog-like creature at me when everything went black. I could see my cursor, but that was it. I hit the Esc key and it brought up the menu where I could click to exit the game. I liked the demo, and was planning on purchasing the game until this glitch came up. Running Win 10 on a PC, everything up to date.

And after today, there will be no one here to help us and we'll be on our own...and probably stuck with games that don't work because there will be no help.

bearnpie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bearnpie on Apr 28, 18 8:31 AM
Same problem as SquirrelGirrrl. Moved mouse around on the black screen area until the cursor got to the bottom where an arrow showed up and I was able to go back to the previous location. When I went back in that area was no longer just black, there was a spiral staircase, but I could not do anything. Hit the hint button, which showed a point on the staircase, but could not move my cursor there or anywhere at all in this location. Using Windows 10. Tried leaving the game and then going back in, at which point I got a screen that said "thank you for playing the demo" so I guess the dog attack meant the end of the demo. Would have been nice to get that message the first time rather than a black screen.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Apr 28, 18 8:59 AM
I'm stuck at the film projector in the soaring tower - put the film reel back but it isn't giving me the recipe it's supposed to per the strategy guide. It keeps telling me I need something to "prop and pick it up" but I've used everything in inventory on it to no avail, and hint tells me there's nothing more to do. Is the game broken? Did anyone else have this problem? Darn I'm gonna miss being able to ask these questions here.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 28, 18 10:05 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 28, 18 10:18 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm swimming by to provide troubleshooting help and touch base about the topics being discussed here.

SquirrelGirrrl and bearnpie: It sounds like the end of the trial version of Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition made it seem like the game froze. I'm really sorry about that. It's possible that the steps I offer below will prevent this from happening again.

lolaluv: I'm also sorry that you've encountered a progression block. First I'd suggest checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. Since this driver controls how the computer's graphics are displayed, installing a newer version can resolve a number of glitches. Running the game in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions is also a good step to take. Both processes are outlined in the help articles below:

jennsmom: While the ability to post new content to and send PM's through the forums will be turned off on April 30, 2018, several troubleshooting resources will remain available to players. The Big Fish Games Help pages contain dozens of articles that will assist players in fixing their games. Our Technical Support Team will also be available to replace games that won't work.

I want to assure everyone that if a game is malfunctioning, we'll happily provide a new one. Contacting our Support Team will also be the best way to let developers know that there's a persistant glitch in a game. Please don't hesitate to reach out to them. They also welcome your suggestions.

Please have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 28, 18 10:50 AM
lolaluv wrote:I'm stuck at the film projector in the soaring tower - put the film reel back but it isn't giving me the recipe it's supposed to per the strategy guide. It keeps telling me I need something to "prop and pick it up" but I've used everything in inventory on it to no avail, and hint tells me there's nothing more to do. Is the game broken? Did anyone else have this problem? Darn I'm gonna miss being able to ask these questions here.

Hi lolaluv!

Sorry you are having trouble. Did you move all the projector parts from the table back onto the projector?

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 28, 18 11:26 AM
bfgBeruna, I realize that there are many questions answered at Help. They don't always help. Furthermore, once upon a time, Customer Service people were really people, not canned answers, and they tried their best to help with problems. Now, it's pretty much SOSO advice (akin to "turn it off and turn it back on"), and maybe a coupon. Not the same thing.

I also have been alive long enough to know that once Corporate has made a decision, pleas from paying customers rarely make any difference whatsoever.

I do appreciate your attempt to help and smooth things over, though. All mods here have been very nice.

lisa1124
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lisa1124 on Apr 28, 18 1:36 PM
I can't get the chest key to work. I ask for hints, and it tells me there is nothing to do. Please advise.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Apr 28, 18 1:54 PM
prpldva wrote:
lolaluv wrote:I'm stuck at the film projector in the soaring tower - put the film reel back but it isn't giving me the recipe it's supposed to per the strategy guide. It keeps telling me I need something to "prop and pick it up" but I've used everything in inventory on it to no avail, and hint tells me there's nothing more to do. Is the game broken? Did anyone else have this problem? Darn I'm gonna miss being able to ask these questions here.

Hi lolaluv!

Sorry you are having trouble. Did you move all the projector parts from the table back onto the projector?

I hope this helps!

Game on!

I thought I did. I'll go back in and look again to see if that's the problem. Thanks!

PrplDva

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Apr 28, 18 3:21 PM
The key for the chest next to the parrot does not work for me either. Hope I can get a refund for a game that can't be played to the end.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 28, 18 3:55 PM

Hi deejae101 and lisa1124!

Sorry you are having trouble.

Please make sure you have placed the PIRATE HAT on the parrot and taken the BROKEN BUCKET. You cannot use the CHEST KEY until after you get the BROKEN BUCKET.

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on Apr 28, 18 5:40 PM
I'm stuck at the Bonus Chapter. Took the camera, it's now in my inventory but I can't do anything with it. You're supposed to take a picture of a code on a wall, which is to be used to open a suitcase- the option to zoom-in on the wall isn't available. PLEASE HELP OR UPDATE SO I CAN FINISH THIS GAME!!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 28, 18 5:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like there's been trouble getting a key from the parrot. prpldva was kind enough to share that there are a specific order in which tasks need to be performed.

1. Place the pirate hat on the parrot.
2. Take the broken bucket.
3. Get the chest key.

If you've followed those steps and still can't obtain the key, please try the suggestions in the help articles below:

Email our Technical Support Team if none of these recommendations fix Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition. They'll be able to replace the game for you. Thank you so much for your patience.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by lauralpurcell on Apr 28, 18 9:03 PM
hi I have windows 10 and I have the key gave the parrot his hat and took the bucket but when I go to use the key it dosent recognize it have played twice both times it has done this and ask for hints I have nothing to do
Thanks laurapurcell

Menorca11
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Menorca11 on Apr 29, 18 1:30 AM
I have all four items to give the statue at the door but it won't let me place them on his hands therefore I can't move forward. Help.

reg1strar
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by reg1strar on Apr 29, 18 8:52 AM
Already played the tracking device in chapter 2. Won't let me go forward because I have to play the tracking device again. Does this mean I have to go back under another name or download the game again. So annoying, I was looking forward to playing this game. Playing on windows 10.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 29, 18 9:07 AM
Menorca11 wrote:I have all four items to give the statue at the door but it won't let me place them on his hands therefore I can't move forward. Help.

Hello Menorca11!

Sorry you are having trouble. Make sure you select each hand prior to placing each object.

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 29, 18 9:13 AM
reg1strar wrote:Already played the tracking device in chapter 2. Won't let me go forward because I have to play the tracking device again. Does this mean I have to go back under another name or download the game again. So annoying, I was looking forward to playing this game. Playing on windows 10.

Hi reg1strar!

Sorry you are having trouble. I would first just try restarting the game. If you have not updated your video card drivers recently, I would try that next. Video cards drivers are changed several times a year and programs use the latest information, so it is a good idea to check for updates regularly, as it can really hinder game play if not up to date.

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

Go to: