BYE EVERYONE

BYE EVERYONE

[Post New]by dixieangels on Apr 28, 18 12:47 AM
I will miss you all very much. I've been here since the chit-chat corner was started, which has been a very long time.. Thank you all for your opinions and hints on these forums. Also to the moderators who have been so kind and helpful and when it seemed like a thankless job, we appreciated you.

Signing off forever

Dixieangels

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:BYE EVERYONE

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Apr 28, 18 1:42 AM
It sucks that we won't be able to give feedback about a game anymore, without having to go thru customer support. I hate filling out all of the forms to just let them know about a glitch. And then we have no place to check back to, to see if there has been an update. I think it is a mistake for them to remove the forums.

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on Apr 28, 18 1:58 AM
I will be leaving Big fish very soon after 8 yrs

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 28, 18 2:33 AM
awe flip, have i missed something ???? No more forums ???

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Apr 28, 18 3:20 AM
crispypot wrote:awe flip, have i missed something ???? No more forums ???

Crispypot if you go to Mystery Trackers, that was the last time I saw it being reminded, top post by the Mods it states:

An important announcement about the Big Fish Games Forums - April 21, 2018

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 21, 18 8:56 AM
Hi Everybody,

Over the years, our forums have played a huge role in how we communicate with and receive feedback from you, our players. They have also been an important source for game-play help.

You may be aware that our forums have been fragile for quite some time, and it has been determined that we are unable to sustain them while also maintaining the first-rate customer experience via this and other channels that our players have come to expect.

Beginning April 30, 2018, creating new posts and private messaging will be disabled on the Big Fish Games forums. All existing content will remain and be viewable, ensuring that there is continued access to the wealth of knowledge created and shared by you and our moderation team.

There’s no change in our commitment to bringing the best content to our customers. You’ll continue to receive notification of update to games in the Big Fish Games App (Game Manager) as they’re made available.

This was an extremely difficult decision to make, and on behalf of the moderation team, we thank you all for your dedication to our community.

bfgBeruna

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Apr 28, 18 3:30 AM
Yeah, I remember back in the day when there weren't "collector's editions", where you could play the game online, or pay extra for a DVD of it to be a mailed to you. if anything went wrong, you could chat with someone live and they would make it right or "credit" you a credit that would never expire. We could even use coupons for anything and then pay the difference. So like with today's sale, $7.99, we could use the coupon and just pay one dollar. Now we get some message saying that this coupon can't be used for that. We've lived through the spam in the forums, watched people change their fish by posting a few words, learned how to write reviews without revealing the plot and made great friends along the way. I still have all the giveaways like the keychain, stuffed fish and stuff. Big Fish has certainly changed over the years, but even though it's not the nostalgic company we remember, it is still one of the best places to go to play casual games and besides... I don't believe in forever, forever is a very long time. The rains may come again, and these dried up old mud holes just may have fish in them again.

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 3:31:12 AM PST

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Apr 28, 18 3:45 AM
I too will miss the friendly folks that have met & who have helped me out on the Forums over the past (eleven plus) years. Although I don't post that much, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the informed opinions & sometimes very amusing comments of so many of you
It seems that Big Fish have decided once & for all, to cast us adrift & leave us to navigate the dried up pond ...such a great shame but I guess all the unwanted spam that's ended up on the Forums has finally sunk the ship, so thanks to all of you that have contributed to this outcome

It's been great knowing you all,
Over & out,
Jenny

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 3:47:11 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 28, 18 5:40 AM
I'm going to miss you all. Without the Forums, BF is not going to be the same. For some reason, I am unable to join the alternative forum site that was posted by fishies.
Maybe it's time to let go. Without your input, it will be like flying blind. We'll see what happens.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

Re:BYE EVERYONE / Go Here

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 28, 18 6:20 AM
0Jade wrote:Yeah, I remember back in the day when there weren't "collector's editions", where you could play the game online, or pay extra for a DVD of it to be a mailed to you. if anything went wrong, you could chat with someone live and they would make it right or "credit" you a credit that would never expire. We could even use coupons for anything and then pay the difference. So like with today's sale, $7.99, we could use the coupon and just pay one dollar. Now we get some message saying that this coupon can't be used for that. We've lived through the spam in the forums, watched people change their fish by posting a few words, learned how to write reviews without revealing the plot and made great friends along the way. I still have all the giveaways like the keychain, stuffed fish and stuff. Big Fish has certainly changed over the years, but even though it's not the nostalgic company we remember, it is still one of the best places to go to play casual games and besides... I don't believe in forever, forever is a very long time. The rains may come again, and these dried up old mud holes just may have fish in them again.

Yup, I remember those days too. :-( When the CCC thread closed Timebomb gave us a forum to continue the CCC, beta, write reviews etc. You will see many familiar faces there http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/5350/information-welcome-new-returning-members?page=1&scrollTo=359637

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 28, 18 6:24 AM
Bye all - fishies I know, and those I don't. I'm going to miss this very much. I left BF for a few months a while back, but missed the forums so much, I returned. Been here for 8 years, so not the longest time, by far, but long enough to see things come and go. Forums are the worst thing to go. Don't know if I'll stay here or not; it's a toss up. Happy gaming to all BF fishies.

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Apr 28, 18 6:38 AM
I don't hit the forums often, but every time I get a major glitch, I go there first to see if others are having the same problem. If yes, I go to Customer Service, if not, I investigate more to see what I'm doing wrong. I also occasionally go for hints, mainly when the Guide doesn't help.
This will cause a lot more questions for Tech Support! I'll go there immediately now.
I was just earlier grieving about the good old days when using a free coupon on Bonus Mondays got you 2 punches!
Changes...

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Apr 28, 18 7:13 AM
It is very sad that the owners of Big Fish can't (won't) keep up the forums when so many other good game sites do/can. (?)
I have met some wonderful, crazy, fun, weird people here and it will be very strange for there to be NO forum in any form.
This is a bad economic decision by BFG and they may regret it. Logic says if a game site is offering games, reviews and discussions of those games are essential to the success of said games. Sure we can "trial" a game, but that often doesn't give us enough information to make a decision to purchase.

So long to all you fishies and wish you well. Maybe will see you somewhere else.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Apr 28, 18 8:01 AM
So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye!!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 28, 18 8:08 AM
Rob_Blake wrote:So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye!!

Ich werde dich vermissen.

This is so painful, knowing we may never cross paths again, farewell friends and thanks for all the wonderful memories

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Apr 28, 18 8:26 AM
Goodbye, everybody, and thanks to everybody who has helped me with any game problems (whether by directly replying to my query, or simply by having left a piece of information). Maybe I'll see you at Pond Friends? RIP BFG (just the forums , I mean...Possibly )

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 8:27:09 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 28, 18 8:34 AM
I agree with everything every one said. I have been here since 2010. I came up with the only rating system back then. And I did it with fun and humor. But, it even helped me in the future when I held onto a game to buy...and found out if I liked it or not. LOL

I predict with the 3rd sale of Big Fish Company, this site will turn into a real money for play and real money to win, gambling site. The games will fade away. Hopefully we will still be able to buy games at developers site or other sites. I will probably go back to the original site, I first bought games. <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page>[Removed by Moderator]</a>

PM me if you want the other game site I first started at. It got deleted here. You would think it would be o.k. to post it...since it has chat and PMS. Other site are being able to list.

I've said recently, I will miss you all very much. I hope someone comes up with a forum that is easier to navigate like this one. I have been to the other, like the people...to hard to navigate or pm or read anything.

I don't like goodbyes, Hope to see you all soon!
Your Fish Friend,
Lisa

edited for the original site I learned about and game and chat. This site made you a lot of money. It's free for chat and PMS. And they sent me to you Big Fish. You should be grateful. I bought a lot of game here.

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 11:01:12 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 28, 18 9:08 AM
Thank you barelyberlee for your reply, i had not seen the post, sad sad times, even if i didn`t fancy a game i always looked in on the forums, i`ve made quite a few friends on BF and it`s been great reading comment`s and getting lot`s of help with games, it will be missed. keep swimming little fishes x

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Apr 28, 18 9:20 AM
Where was this post given? It should have been sent to everyone's email. I had no idea. If there will be no more forums here attached to the games to see if a game is worth it I do not think I will be continuing my subscription. I rely on the other player's help and comments plus the reviews and technical problems are a must to decide. I get stuck in a game, I go to the forums and get fast better help than just searching the net.

I am really upset that I have heard this for the first time days before it closes. If a company can email mass ads all the time they could have sent a few announcements. Is there any other game sites that have forums like this? It was so easy to look up help here, a regular forum will not be able to sustain the level that has been here.

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Apr 28, 18 9:35 AM
I will definitely not be buying many games now. I always come here to read reviews of new games before I will even try them. I will probably end up leaving altogether and finding a new site to buy games. BFG is making a huge mistake removing the forums, IMHO.

grannyann_
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by grannyann_ on Apr 28, 18 10:06 AM
when CCC went *poof* -- they gave us a date and then moved it up by a good bit.

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 10:09:57 AM PST

Go to: