Gwen the Magic Nanny

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Gwen the Magic Nanny

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 2, 10 12:05 AM
Help Gwen the Magic Nanny use her magic to take care of different fantastic families in the wondrous Fantasy Town! Look after babies, kids, teens, seniors, and pets, each with their own wants and needs! Luckily, Gwen has some tricks of her own, and you can use her magical spells to make things a little bit easier. Do a great job and unlock special items to help Gwen with her workload. Experience a world of magic and fun in Gwen the Magic Nanny, a fun Time Management game.

Re:Gwen the Magic Nanny

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 2, 10 1:43 AM
Just thought I would drop by here to see what these forums are like. I know the hidden object forums really get the work out, but apparently there is not a big following of the time management games. What does that tell you?

wipeyourpaws
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by wipeyourpaws on Aug 2, 10 2:17 AM
Not a great fan of time management games,

but I do trial them for the hour , by doing this I did happen to find one I liked ,

I will return on this one .......

I played for 45 minutes, not for me

I'm now having a coffee top up to calm my frazzeled nerves

Happy gaming Fishies

Edited on 08/02/2010 at 3:28:10 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 2, 10 2:34 AM
Time Management games are very popular. However- the main patrons of this forum are older women and though some older women like myself enjoy them they are more popular amongst the younger set.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Aug 2, 10 3:05 AM
only tm i like is the farm frenzy games cant get enough tried others but i cant get on with them but good besstan

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on Aug 2, 10 3:21 AM
I love TM games!!! they are more exciting

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 2, 10 4:05 AM
If you need a different sort of TM to try, my favorite TM to date is My Kingdom for the Princess.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 2, 10 4:10 AM
There must not be many people who download trials of TMs or there would be more TM titles on the charts. The top 10 are not Buys (a few exceptions when there is no trial offered) but downloads. So it says to me it isn't a matter of not enough TMs on BF, as a reflection of how fewer TM players or others who download trials or buy. Otherwise there wouldn't be like 1 TM and 9 HOG, puzzle, adventure titles in the top ten again today if more players demoed them.

Interesting that MCF Dire Grove is back in the top 10 downloads, must be the July sale and newer players taking a look for the first time. MCF Prime Suspects is having a revival, one of the oldest HOGs. There must be some TM classics that keep coming back too.

[Post New]by haileesmother on Aug 2, 10 4:30 AM
heatherington wrote:Just thought I would drop by here to see what these forums are like. I know the hidden object forums really get the work out, but apparently there is not a big following of the time management games. What does that tell you?

the only thing ur statement tells me is that there are rude fishies in the pond... it makes me proud to be a TM lover

SPOILER: u posted on a game that has only been out a 1/2 hour/check ur time

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 2, 10 4:38 AM
Well,in my opinion, all of todays offerings are really lame. Not a fan of the cutesy, lovey dovey, namby pamby sugary sweet crap so I'll check back tomorrow.
Dr.good
p.s. I know this is not a game review so save your breath. If you like this type of thing, don't waste your time telling me how wrong I am.......go play your game.

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Aug 2, 10 4:40 AM
puzzledone wrote:There must not be many people who download trials of TMs or there would be more TM titles on the charts. The top 10 are not Buys (a few exceptions when there is no trial offered) but downloads.

It's no surprise that most of TM games don't show up in the top 10, since they have been out at other sites for weeks or even months in some cases. And as an example, Cake Mania 5 even entered high into the top 10 although it has been out for weeks now.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 2, 10 4:44 AM
haileesmother wrote:
heatherington wrote:Just thought I would drop by here to see what these forums are like. I know the hidden object forums really get the work out, but apparently there is not a big following of the time management games. What does that tell you?

the only thing ur statement tells me is that there are rude fishies in the pond... it makes me proud to be a TM lover

SPOILER: u posted on a game that has only been out a 1/2 hour/check ur time

Did anyone ever tell you,"it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice". That was a pretty vicious attack on someone that had really done nothing wrong.......WOW!
Dr.good

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Aug 2, 10 4:59 AM
My dear fellow old ladies: tell the truth,now; isn't this game annoying because it's too much like our lives? Running around, doing everything for everybody? LOL!!
That's probably why teenagers can see this as a game..it bears no relation to
THEIR lives!!
One of the major annoyances I found with this task-oriented game, is that when I got food or water, it then went into "inventory", and I had to pick it up from there.
If we're going for speed here, isn't this an extra step? Another annoyance was shopping at the magic shop.......why do I want red boots?? I didn't play long enough to find out why I wasted points buying something like that.
I would have liked to play longer to give a more helpful review, but the little brats wandering out of sight just took me back to my babysittling days, and I had to stop!!

SAN8402
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by SAN8402 on Aug 2, 10 5:03 AM
You might see more in the tm forums if they had more than 5 tms a month. I only come to the forum when I am having a problem with a game or to check out what people are saying about a new offering. If the hog forums are getting a good work out then it is obviously because so many people can't play the game without help. That's the reason I don't play hogs, I never can find anything!

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Aug 2, 10 5:04 AM
I came here to see what the fishies thought of a particular game but all I see is a bunch of banter over HOG vs TM. I don't understand what difference it makes as to who likes what. Do you think I really care what kind of games you prefer? Do you care what kind of games I like?

I'll come back later to see if anyone is talking about this game.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Aug 2, 10 5:05 AM

I love TM games and I believe that a lot of other people here do too. However, I must agree that HOG's seem to be more popular. I Keep trying them and I just can't get into them.

There are a lot of HOG's released but very few TM games. I wish there were more.
If they quit making them I will cancel my membership.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Aug 2, 10 5:05 AM
alvertis5706 wrote:My dear fellow old ladies: tell the truth,now; isn't this game annoying because it's too much like our lives? Running around, doing everything for everybody? LOL!!
That's probably why teenagers can see this as a game..it bears no relation to
THEIR lives!!
One of the major annoyances I found with this task-oriented game, is that when I got food or water, it then went into "inventory", and I had to pick it up from there.
If we're going for speed here, isn't this an extra step? Another annoyance was shopping at the magic shop.......why do I want red boots?? I didn't play long enough to find out why I wasted points buying something like that.
I would have liked to play longer to give a more helpful review, but the little brats wandering out of sight just took me back to my babysittling days, and I had to stop!!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 2, 10 5:12 AM
puzzledone wrote:There must not be many people who download trials of TMs or there would be more TM titles on the charts. The top 10 are not Buys (a few exceptions when there is no trial offered) but downloads. So it says to me it isn't a matter of not enough TMs on BF, as a reflection of how fewer TM players or others who download trials or buy. Otherwise there wouldn't be like 1 TM and 9 HOG, puzzle, adventure titles in the top ten again today if more players demoed them.

Interesting that MCF Dire Grove is back in the top 10 downloads, must be the July sale and newer players taking a look for the first time. MCF Prime Suspects is having a revival, one of the oldest HOGs. There must be some TM classics that keep coming back too.

Yes, thats right and most TM's such as this one have already been released elsewhere- this game has been around a while and was also released at another game portal last week. Big Fish hidden object games are mainly exclusive and only available here - so those games that you can only buy here are going to be the most downloaded. THe top 5 you can only get here and all the others in top 10 are only available at developers or here - except for Cake Mania 5 whcich is out at all the portals so a huge indication of how popular that game is.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 2, 10 5:14 AM
Saturn1985 wrote:
puzzledone wrote:There must not be many people who download trials of TMs or there would be more TM titles on the charts. The top 10 are not Buys (a few exceptions when there is no trial offered) but downloads.

It's no surprise that most of TM games don't show up in the top 10, since they have been out at other sites for weeks or even months in some cases. And as an example, Cake Mania 5 even entered high into the top 10 although it has been out for weeks now.

exactly!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 2, 10 5:43 AM
but on the other hand there are people who only buy games thru bfg....so the games being released elsewhere doesnt say much to me.

Go to: