GOOD BYE

GOOD BYE

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 28, 18 11:09 AM
I realize that we have one more day left, but I wanted to beat the rush!!! There are so many here that I should thank, but it would take too much room and (in a senior moment) I would probably (make that likely) that I would omit someone. So.... thank all of you - especially the ones that sent me PM's to warn me and keep me out of trouble. I sort of feel like I'm sitting in front of the dying embers of a campfire, singing Kumbaya. So, GOOD BYE from here and if the new forum is only a fraction of the enjoyment here, it will be a success.

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:GOOD BYE

[Post New]by Katijay on Apr 28, 18 12:24 PM
Very well said....a piece of our heart will always be here, but we will carry on at our new home.....

SA__
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Apr 28, 18 12:36 PM
I will also really miss this forum, its simplicity and everyone who uses and maintains it for your help and advice . I feel like I am wading in treacle at the new forum but hopefully I will master at least some of it eventually .

Wishing everyone a very happy future in and out of the castle .
Sa

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Apr 28, 18 12:41 PM
I don't know what to say, I have used this forum as my life support while playing MC.
I can't imagine not going to this site and reading, asking question and getting information and help when ever I needed it.
I know other forums will eventually work out, but it's like and old fiend how do you say goodbye.
I'll start with the moderators THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You have been the lifeline to this game. We will miss you more than you will ever know. Your patience ,understanding and knowledge is what kept this game going.

Thank you to all my friends for all the help I was given. I hope to see all of you in one or another forum. I signed up on Post and Delphi. I found Post a little easier to find things but I know with a lot of help I'll fill comfortable with both forums.

Good Luck to everyone and goodbye to friends that won't be going to a forum.

PixieBells
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PixieBells on Apr 28, 18 2:22 PM
Bye Everyone, Good Bye Forums, I shall miss all the the Midnight Castle Love Support Friendship Help Tips Laughter Hugs Best Wishes Storming the Castle

PixieBells
*Katie*

Holly

EvaAlberta
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by EvaAlberta on Apr 28, 18 4:06 PM
Moderators: So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
(one of my favorite reads)

Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by Knim on Apr 28, 18 4:39 PM
TOAD/Otter/MOUSE
Fred said it all.
I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places....

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Apr 28, 18 4:55 PM
Knim wrote:TOAD/Otter/MOUSE
Fred said it all. I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places....

I agree...Fred says it all. I'll look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at Delphi and/or The Pond.
Don't be shy...send me a friend invite and say hello.... I'm still listed as kthreads.
For those who will be leaving us and not joining Delphi/Pond I wish you well and I will miss you very much.
Thank you all for all your help in answering my questions and gifting me when I was in need playing MC.
It's been wonderful to have your support, well wishes, prayers and cyber hugs while I dealt with chemo/radiation/surgery and now while dealing with speed-bumps and potholes along the road to recovery.

Janet (kthreads)

PC: Janet /Isadora
Android: jdmorgan / Jannie / jd

Loopy_karen
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by Loopy_karen on Apr 28, 18 5:12 PM
I also want to say good bye too ...thx to every 1 who helped me... I cant imagine what its like for long time players of this as I have only been playing for a few months & I found this forum very fast! for my sanity I may add lol! to help me along the way who gave me great advice along the way I cant even say any names of whom have helped me as there are too many I have also joined DELPHI & I can already see a few names I can recall from this forum. it will take a bit of getting used to using Delphi ...so I hope I will catch up with u all on there so heres a wee last toast to this forum thank you

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Apr 28, 18 5:42 PM
I feel like I'm being evicted ..... Unprepared, Unready and not wanting to move on....

Adding my goodbyes to all the wonderful people in the forum....

Wishing you all the best in the new forums you have chosen and hoping it brings along that unique touch of homeliness as this one has

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Apr 28, 18 6:12 PM
I've been purchasing games here since 2007. 11 years!! This was my one and only place to buy games. That's a longer continuing commercial relationship than I've ever had with any other company. And now, to paraphrase another fishie, I have been evicted.

Does our loyalty mean nothing? What is so hard about maintaining these forums? I haven't gotten any good answers to those questions, so...

good bye old friends and companions. Its been a nice place to visit with each other. I'll miss you all, and I think they are making a damn fool move.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 28, 18 6:44 PM
I second everything Fred, kthreads and others have said here!

So many of my friends here rallied around me when I lost my Mom in August 2017 to a year long battle with cancer, my middle brother in January 2018, and my oldest brother (11 months younger than me) in February 2018! They were both younger than me and I'm only 63! It was a hard year, and a lot to go through, and I couldn't have made it without the support of all my friends here, whom I owe a huge debt of gratitude to, and will forever be etched into my heart!

The only good thing that came out of this is our good friend Jenifer has created a new home for us at Delphi in record time, and I already feel like it is home, not just a house. So many of the friends I have made here have already joined and I hope the others will at least give it a try because the saddest part of all this is losing touch with friends we made here.

If that's just not in the cards for some of you, I wish you well, wherever you may end up, and I will truly miss each and every one of you!

All the best!!
Ada
(Sharp Eye & Sparky in MC)

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 6:50:50 PM PST

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 28, 18 8:06 PM
To EvaAlberta,

I agree with "So long and thanks for all the fish" and I have certainly been a few of them over the years.

Some of the newer moderators, I will miss, for they have shown a caring side, others not at all.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 28, 18 8:36 PM
EvaAlberta wrote:Moderators: So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

I've been searching for this thread with no success. Would someone please provide a link?

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
501 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Apr 28, 18 8:47 PM
Goodbye forum, friends and moderators!!

Thanks for all your help, advice and friendship.

It's been great!!

You are all wonderful!!

Hope to see you at Delphi in the next week or so....

All the very best to all!!

Moni

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 28, 18 9:49 PM
I feel like I am moving out of my "family" home and into a new one. I only hope my MC family comes to visit or maybe even take up residence in the new Delphi neighborhood.

The forum has meant much to me over the years and so much more than the game, itself. The shared wit and wisdom, the love, support, and caring in general has often nourished me when my soul was was hungry.

Love you all, hope we will visit again on the new forum at Delphi and it's not good-bye, it's just relocation.

Kate / aka Sayadina / aka shawkn

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 29, 18 12:34 AM
mdpetdoc wrote:

I've been searching for this thread with no success. Would someone please provide a link?

Hi Bonnie,

I don't think it was ever a thread. Just a reference to Douglas Adams's final book in the
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series.

It ended, if I remember correctly, with the final book being titled. "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" The saying was said as the dolphins left earth after telling us that the meaning of life was 42 Very appropriate for this thread I thought.

[Post New]by FreakyFaerie on Apr 29, 18 1:37 AM
Here for my final Goodbye. As most know by know I was MIA for a year. Went just before the last Spring Event and came back just after this one started.

So was just getting back to feeling normal again and then they put a timer on the bomb. TICK TOCK

I am sad to see this forum go away truly I am, But I had not had a chance to really settle in and to be honest I am firmly loving our new home with the HOSTESs WITH THE MOSTEST at Delphi and feel more at home there than the little time I had to spend back here since I got back. Its been wonderful reconnecting with so many of my friends and making new one of those who came in during my absence,

To the Mods....thank you. I was well behaved ( although I can be pretty vocal)
So having no gripes personally and these last days I have seem many doing their best to provide information and give us the freedom from normal forum rules to transition to which I am truly thankful for. Delphi is my home now and as one of the Staff there helping out is highly rewarding. I love our Jenifer to peices.

So I will leave you with this:

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 04/30/2018 at 3:16:24 PM PST

[Post New]by FreakyFaerie on Apr 29, 18 1:54 AM
mdpetdoc wrote:

Found what I think your are looking for.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1088297.page
cut and past to new window.

Jenn41
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Jenn41 on Apr 29, 18 2:06 AM
Knim wrote:TOAD/Otter/MOUSE
Fred said it all.
I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places....

Thank you one and all, I feel as if I am leaving a physical place
And thank you to the Mods they did such a grand job

Jennifer

Go to: