bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Gwen the Magic Nanny

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 2, 10 9:08 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Gwen the Magic Nanny?

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gwen the Magic Nanny

[Post New]by wild_trose on Aug 2, 10 9:51 AM
I was so ready for a TM game....but I am so disappointed!
Game isnt challenging, graphics are not the greatest...story is kinda lame...
I was rather bored!!

kempette
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by kempette on Aug 2, 10 9:52 AM
I was thrilled to see a TM game today but this was a very silly TM game.

Not particularly challenging, but I think my kids would like it. I'll probably save it in my game manager & when they finish the games they are currently working on, & if I have an extra credit floating around, I'll consider getting it for them. The "families" that Gwen takes care of made me chuckle, as did their needs- but I didn't find taking care of them particularly difficult to do & usually finished with more than half the time left. I hope it gets more difficult as the game progresses, but you never know.

Definitely not addictive/must buy, but one to keep in mind for the little gamers in the family.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Aug 2, 10 10:13 AM
wild_trose wrote:I was so ready for a TM game....but I am so disappointed!
Game isnt challenging, graphics are not the greatest...story is kinda lame...
I was rather bored!!

Thanks for the review. I was excited to see this TM game today too, but it doesn't sound like a good one. Guess I'll pass...

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 2, 10 10:27 AM
great game for younger players getting into time management!

the families are cute and each has as many different needs as they are different from each other... pulling water from a well or grabbing flies from a tree... cooking up worms or crushing down metal... carousel, swimming hole, or dance floor... but they all need play time, meal time, and bedtime... and they all give up magical rewards!

there are items to purchase at the magic shop to make things go a little faster, a little better... and there are trophies that you collect as you gain points, as you please the families, and for upgrades you've purchased...

the music is appropriate for the different levels, as are the sound effects... there is a zoom feature so that you can see the whole board, or just the area around gwen... and there is a task list tab to check your progress as well as a map tab to show you the orientation of the current level along with how each area works... all these things make the game very easy to navigate - great for a beginner or anyone who enjoys a bit of whimsy in their games...

personally, i enjoyed playing and will certainly keep it in the 'might buy' pile - especially since my niece would probably enjoy playing it, too!

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Aug 2, 10 11:39 AM
I wasn't very pleased with this game. I like some TM games, but not this one. I felt that it wasn't challenging and it was all the same. Aside from different decorations, the levels were too similar. Boring.

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Aug 2, 10 12:57 PM
I tried the demo into the third family. The addition of extra tasks on top of minding the kids is a good idea. Makes you spread your focus a little. However, sometimes what they ask you to find is way to small or blends in just a bit too well.

If you want time management, My Kingdom for a Princess, either of the two Turbo games (Subs or Pizza), any of the Cake Mania's, and the beginner (I think) of the nanny game craze, Nanny Mania, are probably better games to pick for the bigger, more complete game experience.

Not a bad game, just ........ not what I'm paying $7 for.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 2, 10 1:29 PM
I just finished playing the demo. Looks like daily deal material.

I think I may have had some malfunctioning robots for one round - I couldn't pick up a couple of them. I lost that round, and the repeat of it seemed to work fine.

rrboudin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by rrboudin on Aug 2, 10 1:59 PM
I played it for 20 minutes and then uninstalled it. While it was a cute idea, it isn't the best TM game I've played, by far. I played through the Gardenias and the Ribbits levels and felt it was just so-so.

syrionia
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by syrionia on Aug 2, 10 3:04 PM
Gutted to see a new TM game that is just sub-par. It's been too long since I last found a TM here that I really had to buy, so much so that I have 3 credits lying in my account, gethering dust. Beginning to wonder if it's worth the money each month.

Still I wait in vain, hoping BFG will hear my plea to release more good TM games.

Kaliarii
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kaliarii on Aug 2, 10 8:02 PM
In their defense, this is an OLD game. I played through it almost a year ago I think, and I'm pretty sure it was old then. This is the one problem I have with the "tgt" - "new" games to BF aren't necessarily new. Sadly, this is often the case with TM games. That being said, I actually liked Gwen the first time I played. It's a great starter game for TM "newbies" and kids.

The story's a bit cutesie for my taste, but this definitely caters to a need in the market - casual games that are kid appropriate available here on BF, so for that I'll give Gwen a

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 2, 10 9:48 PM
Just played 40 minutes of the demo and decided to quit. You play a nanny who works for animal families who have chores such as feeding flies to the tadpoles (The Ribbits Family) or cooking up worms for the kids. Playtime consists of time in the pond or on the lilypads. The game is cute, very whimsical and imaginative but seems very repetitious to me as you tend to be doing the same tasks over and over again. I think this would appeal more to a younger age group (maybe 10-12 year olds) for the theme.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 2, 10 9:51 PM
Kaliarii wrote:In their defense, this is an OLD game. I played through it almost a year ago I think, and I'm pretty sure it was old then. This is the one problem I have with the "tgt" - "new" games to BF aren't necessarily new. Sadly, this is often the case with TM games. That being said, I actually liked Gwen the first time I played. It's a great starter game for TM "newbies" and kids.

The story's a bit cutesie for my taste, but this definitely caters to a need in the market - casual games that are kid appropriate available here on BF, so for that I'll give Gwen a

According to GZ, this game released on May 28, 2010. Perhaps you played the beta a year ago?

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Aug 3, 10 7:00 AM
Didn't like it either, despite the premise gave hopes of this being entertaining. As someone already pointed out the extra tasks give it a slightly different twist but that's about it.
I am not sure, but I think I had some tech difficulties as the game seemed to slow down a lot as it progressed. Despite I kept buying upgrades, Gwen seemed to be moving underwater, more and more on each level.
I didn't like either that already in family 3 (Mc Kannics?) if you want to survey all the game area the zooming out maked all so tiny it is hard tokeep your eyes on the screen (the "underwater motion" and flashy colors don't help either).
Played the whole hour, but will not buy as it got a bit on my nerves. I liked "Daycare Nightmare" so much better (and it had lots of humor!)
Character design was cute. Music nothing to remember.
Since I was also missing a TM I join the lines of those slightly disappointed by this.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Aug 3, 10 8:34 AM
I echo Syrionia's comments. I too have several credits and I also await a good TM game. BF is very good in trying to offer a wide selection but lately - well let's just say patience is required.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Aug 4, 10 12:13 AM
Two training levels was enough for me to give this one ,

mrspeel99
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by mrspeel99 on Aug 4, 10 4:41 PM
Lord_Lollipop wrote:Two training levels was enough for me to give this one ,

agree...it's carp!

Pyanfar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Pyanfar on Aug 7, 10 12:08 AM
I agree with others that it's a good starter game, or for those who like to be sure they will always win - sometimes it's a comfort thing, playing a familiar game. However, it would be an even better game for "comfort food" if it kept track of your performance. As it is, you have no idea if you're improving each play through. Even a younger player would like that kind of "beat your personal record" incentive.

There are a lot of more basic TM games that could include this feature and be more addictive for it.

[Post New]by InsanityGoodness on Aug 15, 10 7:40 PM
Reading through the other reviews, the game would seem to be easy to get through, but I would have to disagree. I played the one hour demo and I managed to get up to the fourth family. I got so distracted by the kids' needs, that I forgot about the family pet and completing the other tasks.
The game isn't very good IMHO (this is coming from someone who doesn't play a lot of TM games). In order to keep track of all the children and their needs, I had to zoom out, but then everything was too small to be able to keep track of which child wanted what.
I also found the music annoying, especially with the robot family (then again, I was already frustrated trying to keep track of 12 children).
Furthermore, I didn't understand the point of the upgrades in the shop. Yes, they said increases 5% for this or that, but I'm still not sure why the gloves & tool were important. What did I need cleaning or repair for?
Overall, this game gets a 2/5. It has an interesting concept & they developed the ideas of the important needs for each type of family (Plant, Frog, Robots, Sea creatures), but game play was a pain in the fin.

Go to: