Bye to the forums.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Bye to the forums.

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Apr 29, 18 2:07 AM
This is most likely the last time we can create a discussion or reply to threads as the forums close for good.
I didn't post often but I did come in to check for any tech issues on games.

bf - you silenced us when you closed the CCC and channeled us into the much more (for you) manageable individual game forums.

Sad to see what bfg has come to since I started buying games from 2007 or so and sorry but I don't see good days ahead for bfg. Now the little voice we were allowed here is gone I have no interest in being a customer or buying any more games

Anxious to know how long I will be able to play the many games "I own forever"

Lots, lots more I could say to the negative but I will leave on a positive note in thanks to all forum posters and mods.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

Re:Bye to the forums.

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 29, 18 7:08 AM

judith12
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by judith12 on Apr 29, 18 7:43 AM
Totally agree, I fear that one day all the games that we own will be gone.

[Post New]by jandala on Apr 29, 18 8:02 AM
I am very worried about losing my games too. Will be downloading most of them and praying the game manager keeps working.

I never posted much but came to read the forum posts almost every day. I will miss them immensely - and I have a feeling this is just the beginning of the end.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 29, 18 8:08 AM
It was very important to me to find out if there were technical problems with games, and if so, did they get fixed? How will that happen now? Why would I want to buy games from BFG when I can't find out anything about them except for the brief video, screen shots and (at present but who knows how much longer) the reviews?

I've heard from other people who frequent other game sites that those sites are beefing up their Forums! They feel that interaction with customers leads to better sales.

I certainly hope that BFG gives us a LOT of time if they ever decide not to give us access to the games we've paid hard earned money for.

It's sad to see BFG become a mere shadow of its former self.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Apr 29, 18 8:48 AM
LILYR - said it best. When I have problems I look at the forum. When others say my game did the same thing I know it is not my computer. In fact it has never been my computer. I always thought Big Fish had the Best Customer Service around. Always very nice and took care of problem. Bye to all.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 29, 18 9:01 AM
Best wishes to all fishes! Special thanks to all the mods!

Sad to see the forums go after spending nearly 11 years here. I've made many friends.

I will still be here doing strategy guides/walkthroughs.

Don't forget about the walkthroughs page when you are playing SE's:

https://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/game-walkthroughs/

Game on!

PrplDva

[Post New]by moonmist1114 on Apr 29, 18 9:45 AM
I want to say good bye to all members out there. Several days ago, I wrote to a great Moderator and received a response that showed that the Moderators are helpless in this decision as the member are. The Moderator said that all messages were being forwarded to those that are making these decisions. This is a copy of my second message to that Moderator. At this point, I am going to look for other game websites to see if there is another source comparable to BFG. Best wishes to all of you our there.

Thank you for your kind response to my email about the elimination of the Game Forums. I know that you are just relaying messages from the upper lever managers, and you have been a great Moderator. I would appreciate it if you would relay this message to the "powers that be" also. If I don't find the assistance from other members of Forums, etc., I will probably try to find another game site and cancel my subscription to BFG. I have bought so many games through the years, and have found the Forum so helpful. I don't post a lot but receiving help from other members is so important to me. I also know that you have probably received thousands of messages from other members. Again, I would say that if there are more members, the software upgrades should be able to afford those upgrades. I think that Corporate does not have the interest in members and moderators in mind. They do not care. When I purchase a game, I usually buy a Collector's Edition. I am 66 years and handicapped, so being able to play games and receive support is important to me. Again, I do not have a problem with any of the Moderators and understand how hard you work to help us out. After reading a lot of other posts yesterday, members are so upset and are saying that they will be cancelling their memberships and not buying any more from BFG, I realize that BFG may not be around for long. Please relay this message, and remember that your help has been wonderful, and I really appreciate the help from you and other moderators. Take care and I hope things go well with you.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 29, 18 9:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

I absolutely understand how the coming change to the forums could cause concern for our players. I want to reiterate that the change to the forum only affects the forums. The forums have issues that cause them to no longer be sustainable; those issues do not extend to any other part of the site (reviews, walkthroughs, the games themselves, etc). Big Fish Games is not going to stop selling games or stop giving players the opportunity to download the games they have purchased. We Moderators ask that our players keep speculation of this nature to a minimum, as it does cause unnecessary and incorrect concern for other players.

The voices of our players also continue to be important to us. If something goes wrong when playing a game, or if our players have feedback about a game, our Customer Support Team will be here, as it has always been, to hear those concerns and help pass them along to the correct teams. Our Moderators encourage our players to stay in touch with our Customer Support Team so we can continue to identify and report issues as they arise.

Thank you, everyone, for your time, both today and in the years preceding this day. You are truly appreciated. Wishing you all nothing but good things.

bfgArinelle

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Apr 29, 18 12:19 PM
Just found out about the end of forums. I will miss this space a LOT!

I want to add my thanks and kudos to all fishies who posted and also the Mods. who were always willing to help out.

No matter how many breaks I took from playing (coz life's sometimes like that), it was easy to catch up via the forums or write a review or two.

Despite the reasons given for its closure, I hope BFG can somehow find a feasible way to keep the forums going.

Until then, best wishes and happy playing!!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 29, 18 1:28 PM
Bye BF !!!

Thank you again Moderators, CS, reviewers, and all people who helped me, had fun, and talked about games. Hope I see some of you in another place ,
Minesita

kloanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kloanne on Apr 29, 18 2:07 PM
Well this is a terrible disappointment! I can't count the times I came to a forum and found the answer to a problem I couldn't solve on my own (and didn't find what I needed in the SG). I also read the reviews and tech issues when deciding whether to purchase a new game. So to all of you fishies who provided a review or a much-needed tip that helped me move forward in a game, many thanks. The games have been of uneven quality in recent years, but I've still found a lot of enjoyment here, with all of your help (even when you didn't know it). Feels like the end of an era. Cheers and farewell to all!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 29, 18 3:04 PM
In all my years at BFG (and there were many) I only came across ONE employee who was not helpful! Probably half the time I bought games here I had dial-up Internet, so the Forums and reviews were really important to me.

I'll still buy games here, but I will miss popping in the Forums to ask for help or offer help.

I want to thank CS and the Moderators. You both have difficult jobs and I've appreciated how well you do them. Now I'll be feeling sorry for CS. They are probably going to get buried without the Forums.

I've met some wonderful people here too. That's another thing I'll miss.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Apr 29, 18 4:08 PM
I am really disappointed to see that BFG has made the decision to close the forums. I posted less after the CCC was closed, but came to the forums almost daily to find out if there were tech issues, more puzzles in a HOPA than HOS, or to get a good feel for a game. I am not sure that I will continue with my membership, much less continue to buy games from BFG if tech issues won't be included in the main page.

A big thank you to all the Mods and CS employees that have helped everyone over the years. And thank you to all who have posted reviews, tech issues, and help in the forums.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Apr 29, 18 5:37 PM
Good bye forums. I'll miss you.

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Apr 29, 18 5:54 PM
While I didn't post much over the years, like others I came here for help when needed with a game and/or to see if it was just me having an issue. Like many others, I feel this is the beginning of the end of Big Fish. Good luck all!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 29, 18 6:49 PM
Nynaeve70 wrote:While I didn't post much over the years, like others I came here for help when needed with a game and/or to see if it was just me having an issue. Like many others, I feel this is the beginning of the end of Big Fish. Good luck all!

We felt that getting rid of CCC was the beginning of the end. Fins crossed that BFG will continue on. It will be different for sure.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Apr 29, 18 6:53 PM
prpldva wrote:Best wishes to all fishes! Special thanks to all the mods!

Sad to see the forums go after spending nearly 11 years here. I've made many friends.

I will still be here doing strategy guides/walkthroughs.

Don't forget about the walkthroughs page when you are playing SE's:

https://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/game-walkthroughs/

Game on!

PrplDva

It's been forever since I've seen you! I used to follow you all the time when I frequented the forums back in 08 & 09!! You and Picman & Valdy.
Thank you for all you've done! It was good to see you are still here!!
take Care!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 29, 18 11:35 PM

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((EVERYONE)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Keep your dorsal fins up! (Thank you, Tauret)

BK

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 30, 18 12:19 AM
Yep, bye bye. I was never into role play but met some lovely fishies here. I'm still chatting to some of them in another place.

I've just checked - first purchase June 2006 - I waited two years for my first post in 'Crazy Machines'

'I am stuck on this one - it's the one with the explosive, the bomb, the fuse, steam, pipes, bends, gears, pulleys, unlit candles ..... and a basketball. Sport was never my thing.

Any guidance much appreciated.'

Such a helpful, supportive place to visit - and, after my original hesitating, I did visit quite a lot!

Edited on 04/30/2018 at 12:19:31 AM PST

Go to: