BJT006
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Game Manger and Games

[Post New]by BJT006 on Apr 29, 18 4:04 PM
If you save the game manager and all of the games you do not need the internet connection to play your games. This is for all you fishes that had inquire about the game manger being gone. I shut down my internet service and tried it without the internet and it still works.

Hope this helps for the ones inquiring.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Game Manger and Games

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 29, 18 4:08 PM
Hi BJT006,

Thank you for opening up this thread. It is true that an internet connection is no longer required to play most of the games offered on our site once that game has been downloaded, installed, and activated. Players would not, however, be able to receive updates for the games without an internet connection.

There are also some games (our Free-to-Play games, such as Midnight Castle and Gummy Drop!) that require an internet connection to save progress, and we encourage our players to stay connected to the internet when they play those games.

I also want to take the opportunity to reassure our players that games will continue to be available to download and play. The coming changes affect the forums only. Every other feature of the site will continue to function as it always has.

Thank you, everyone, for your time. Wishing you all the best.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 4:51:40 PM PST

BJT006
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BJT006 on Apr 29, 18 4:44 PM
Thank you bfgArinella for replying. I'm sure nothing else is going to change. There was a few question about the game manger and wanted to assure them about it. I have no intention of going anywhere. I have been a member for 15 to 20 years. Way before the first buyout, when you had to buy the game and use a 10 to 15 long password or a cd. Have been so happy with Big Fish and will continuing buying my games from them. Have over 2000 games that I have bought from Big Fish, so many that I can't use the purchase history to download the game. Was told by customer service because of the amount of games I had I couldn't use my purchase history to download. So have to do it one by one and reactivate each one.

Will have to play the trial all the way through and if any problem will get hold of technical support, which I have had to do before and they have always helped me out and have been very supported with my problems.

Thanks to all of the moderators for the help you have given over these many years.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 29, 18 5:33 PM
I have all my purchased games on my Game Manager and downloaded onto my PC. Yesterday I went looking for MCF: Return to Ravenhurst and it was gone from my Game Manager. How does something like that happen? I was able to go into my purchased games and re-download it to my computer, but this has me concerned.

Does BF have the ability to take my games once they are downloaded onto my computer? And why would they? I have way to many games to be able to tell if any other games has disappeared. MCF was of interest to me because I recently played a beta of MCF Rewind and I wanted to revisit some of the older MCF games or I would never have missed it quite so soon.

Can one of the moderators explain to me how this could have happened and if I need to worry about losing other games?

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 5:34:29 PM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 29, 18 6:47 PM
Hi baglady159,

I wanted to stop in and do what I can to address the question you’ve asked.

It is quite unusual for an installed game to suddenly be missing from the list in your Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) but I can assure you that Big Fish Games does not have the ability to alter or remove any installed games.

I cannot say for certain why you encountered this but it is possible that there was an error or miscommunication within the Game Manager that resulted in it being unable to locate or display the game when you were looking for it. I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support team if you run into this again in future.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 30, 18 8:09 AM
Thanks for replying to my question.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 30, 18 9:22 AM
First, I'm astounded that I am able to reply today.

Second, what do all the people who have hundreds or thousands of games from BFG do when BFG removes the game page? The game manager is broken for large accounts and absolutely nothing can be downloaded from the purchase history. The only way to download a game we've bought is to go to the game's page, download a trial, and then from the game manager try to purchase the game. At that point, the game manager tells you you've already bought it and asks if you want to activate it. If you say yes, it'll install.

Game pages have already been removed for many of my purchased games over the last few years and, since I can't download from my purchase history, I have no way to access games I've bought. I've sent at least three customer service requests in the last couple of years, but no one has been able to give me access to my games without having to go to ridiculous lengths. (As in create a new account, have some of the games transferred over to the new account by BFG CS, then play by signing in to one or the other account, depending on which game I want to play. Not a great solution. How about fixing the game manager? Much better solution.)

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 30, 18 9:42 AM
Well, I bought "Emerald City Confidential" in 2010. It's not more in the main page, and I could download it from my purchase history!

Go to: