jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Level 28

[Post New]by jyork on Nov 6, 08 8:51 AM
I'm having problems getting 500 gold per cycle. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this goal?

sara1968
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Re:Level 28

[Post New]by sara1968 on Nov 6, 08 9:47 AM
hi jvork,

I am not at level 28 yet, but I would think hiring merchants would increase your gold per cycle. I would hire as many merchant it takes to increase to 500. I hope that is the correct answer. Let me know if not so when I get to 28 I will not waste my time to do that.

[Post New]by GREEN7 on Nov 6, 08 10:03 AM
I am only on level 12 but will try Sara' tip . Here's hoping and many thanks!

[Post New]by GREEN7 on Nov 6, 08 10:14 AM
It does work. I have been stuck for ages. Again thanks

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on Nov 6, 08 10:25 AM
Hey, just finished level 28 after using Sara's tip once. Hire as many merchants as possible, but don't forget that merchants can work at the lumber mills but they do not produce any wood, so you will need at least one worker there.

Thanks again Sara!

sara1968
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by sara1968 on Nov 6, 08 12:28 PM
Hi,

I am glad this tip work for you. Another way of doing it is upgrading your market to 4 stars and buying leaders. I only had to buy 3 leaders to get $500 a cycle.

sara1968
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by sara1968 on Nov 10, 08 5:35 PM
Hi Lisrose,

Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks so much for your strategy. I had been working on this for days trying to get the yellow flag.

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on Nov 10, 08 5:42 PM
Glad it was helpful! I have been beating my head on the keyboard over Bonus 3 now for an hour :p

craskehouse
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by craskehouse on Nov 11, 08 11:00 PM
I was stuck on 28 last night,ive read your tips but cant play today! Ill try them out tomorrow.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Nov 12, 08 6:02 AM
I just tried this level, keeping and upgrading the factory. I got a yellow flag time, about 8:30, I think. It's not my best time, but it shows you can get a good time if you keep the factory and upgrade it.

kbg27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kbg27 on Nov 12, 08 6:00 PM
Thanks, guys - the advice about upgrading the market to get leaders was spot on. Level 28 was the only one I couldn't get gold on! Thanks so much!

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 14, 08 7:52 PM
I've started with a worker and two scouts right off. The worker builds a farm (to the left on the screen, near the treasury), one scout digs for some money, the other scout mans the mine. Once the farm is built, recruit another worker to build the academy to the right side of the screen. Recruit a defender for the farm, move the worker to the farm after building the academy.

Put two scholars and a defender on the academy to upgrade ASAP. Staff the farm leaving one open slot for a scholar, adding a defender to the mine quickly (I move the scout from digging to mining after he's finished with one digging spot).

Buy the lumber mill as soon as you can. I post a scholar on the factory and the guild while I'm waiting for the academy to get the arrow, then move the scholars to get the farm and lumber mill ready to upgrade.

Use the wood you have to upgrade the academy first and shortly thereafter, you should have enough crystals to buy the market. You can swap money for wood now to finish upgrading the factory, the farm and the lumber mill. Sell off the scouts and destroy the mine (you have to build a lumber mill there eventually)

You don't need more than a two star farm or lumber mill so once you have the market, concentrate on keeping max scholars there to upgrade it quickly, selling off wood as you can.

You can build the second lumber mill at this point or wait til later, depends on how you're doing with wood . . .

You really need to have the guild upgraded by the time you have the market to three stars (so make it a low "scholar" priority) . . . as soon as the market is four star, buy a leader (selling off wood if you need to get the cash)

You need to buy a total of 3 leaders to get the money goal (and usually have plenty of time to build the second lumber mill then if you got distracted earlier)

I got under 7 minutes following this general strategy.

Edited on 11/14/2008 at 7:55:07 PM PST

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Nov 15, 08 9:49 AM
Thank you peutetre, that was exactly what I needed. I finally finished that level! I realized the key, for me anyway, on that level was buying the lumber with the market. I wasn't doing that before.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 15, 08 9:52 AM
pinkbudgie,

Excellent news!!! Glad to have helped--I know how irritating those red flags are!!!

Nickkie460
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Nickkie460 on Nov 16, 08 3:09 PM
I finally got it. It took 10 mins 2 secs and 4 days and several tries-got a red flag. At this point I will leave the time but will eventually go back to try and beat it. It seems as tho the upgrade of the market is really important so you can get the leaders. I found it hard to maintain the food level when mostly I used workers to move ahead. I did follow tips as much as I could. Start with the farm and 1 worker, 2 scouts and I did make sure there was a defender on the farm(can afford the farm to break down). I destroyed the factory. Then I built a lumber mill and got a scholar for the farm and another worker for the mill. I had to think what to do from here. I tried to make sure I had altleast 3 defenders on duty and 4 scholars avail. Upgrade the academy and city and then used those scholars for the market once purchased. Destroyed my mine since I was only concentrating on the market to get the leaders (leaders definetly make more gold per cycle).

Edited on 11/16/2008 at 3:11:07 PM PST

[Post New]by aledandes on Nov 23, 08 6:53 AM
Thank you Peutrete, I finally passed this level following your advice. I didn't think I'd make it!

[Post New]by Vikface on Nov 24, 08 9:42 AM
OMG! I have FINALLY finished level 28... two days it took me & sorry but the hints here didnt help much.
In the end I just brought as many Merchants as I could as I went along, I got rid of the factory and ended up with two farms.
I also turned the mine into another lumber thing once I had enough gems to get the first lumber & the market.
Hope this helps!
Cheers

Go to: