bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for El Sello Magico: The False Heiress

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 3, 10 12:18 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of El Sello Magico: The False Heiress? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for El Sello Magico: The False Heiress

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Aug 3, 10 12:33 AM
The giggling during the first stage was enough to make me uninstall it immediately!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 3, 10 12:42 AM
This has great graphics and an interesting twitch on color gem matching mechanics but, as the previous fishy noted, the giggling is unbearable.

I suspect it could be alot of fun with the sound off, though.

JLnn
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by JLnn on Aug 3, 10 1:03 AM
The graphics are beautiful, but they are wasted on this game. It is so simplistic; basically just tracing lines. I kept waiting for some twist to give it a challenge. Sadly, it never came.

And yes, the giggling and "voice acting" were very annoying.

knitnow
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

the name of the game makes as little sense as the game itself...

[Post New]by knitnow on Aug 3, 10 1:37 AM
? I don't understand this game. Is it basically a dot-to-dot game? I generally play games with the sound off, and bypass the story panels... heading straight to the challenge of the game itself. (so can't comment on any annoying laughter or other sounds). Seems like I had to click past lots of story pages, did the tutorials, but all the instructions about chards and energy just didn't help me understand the game.

So, I trace the points on a star and then get congratulated for it??? Is this basically practice for pointing and clicking with the mouse?? Maybe I'm up too late, and need to look at this after a nice long sleep... but somehow I think the game won't be any more appealing in the morning.

oh, and i was so excited to see this was a new 'match three' game (or at least, that's how it was listed)... nope, doesn't play like any match three i'm familiar with.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 1:39:40 AM PST

step54
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by step54 on Aug 3, 10 1:53 AM
I lasted 11 minutes, is that a record.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Aug 3, 10 2:11 AM
I lasted about 49 minutes! Boring!

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Aug 3, 10 2:34 AM
This game is lame. I only lasted 30 minutes and the giggling drove me crazy too.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Aug 3, 10 2:34 AM
i agree with all the pond boring boring besstan

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 3, 10 3:02 AM
Thanks everyone for all the great comments and reviews because now I won't waste my time and energy downloading this one.

I agree with all that it should be in the puzzle category and not a good Match-3 game at all.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 3, 10 3:19 AM
What a sorry excuse for a game. I'd rather play tic-tac-toe by myself. I don't need to point out all the cons for this game, everyone already has.
Dr.good

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Aug 3, 10 4:02 AM
A pity that the gameplay is so trivial (though it could be improved by really testing gem configurations) as the style is terrific - sufficiently so that I kept playing the demo for longer than I might have done otherwise just to enjoy it. There is a good game here if the developers could have taken a little more trouble over it and given real puzzles - the seal tracing looked promising when the first one appealed - drawing a shape 'without taking the pencil off the paper', but then they were too simplistic to be interesting or entertaining. Nice video - shame about the song.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 3, 10 4:07 AM
Hey, whatever happened to Terry Mann? Heh heh.

Godsinger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Godsinger on Aug 3, 10 4:27 AM
Couldn't even get it to work on my W7 pro 64 bit system. it wants an older version on DirectX (about 3 years older). Sounds like it's not worth the time to fool with

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 3, 10 4:41 AM
I'm 20 minutes into the demo so far. When I started playing, I assumed it was a hidden object game - hadn't noticed it was classified as a match-3 game - so was a bit mystified - which is why I took a break to look at the forums.

Beautiful artwork so far, and yes the giggling is too much, although it does make it clear that our character is a 13 year old girl lol hee hee hee.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 4:42:04 AM PST

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Aug 3, 10 5:16 AM
I lasted about 20 minutes and had to leave this game. The moans, groans, and other sounds made by the characters are the worst I have ever heard. I guess I could have turned off the sounds but the game was not interesting enough to do that.

This is a total no for me .

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Aug 3, 10 5:25 AM
I Agree: Stunning graphics, wasted on boring game play,

Sounds like I was lucky to play with sounds off (lol).

Annoying: The bright flashing.of the next point on the drawings...duh...we couldn't figure out the next point in the line?

Should probably be categorized as puzzle rather than match 3, although not very puzzling after you get the basic configuration that you play over and over. Kept waiting for it to get more involved, but didn't in the 43 minutes I lasted.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 3, 10 5:29 AM
Ok, so I just finished playing the demo. There is nothing in this demo that suggests that this is fun. Nice artwork, music seems fine but the voices are a tad annoying, I like the story, but the gameplay?

The last time I can recall something like this being fun was when I was, like 7 years old and first learned to draw a pentacle. Drew pages and pages of them probably. That was a *very* long time ago....

When the game started up, there was a black screen for way too long before any graphics came up. If I hadn't gotten up to do something and then come back to find some graphics on the screen, I'd have assumed it wasn't loading.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 5:35:53 AM PST

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 3, 10 6:11 AM
I like match 3's for a change and at first I thought this would be a great game, boy was I wrong. This is the second time the load times were extream between scenes. I had to use the task manager to end the process just to get out of the game.

I ended up using 40mins of game time for 3 actual game screens. Needless to say not a buy for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Aug 3, 10 7:06 AM
Load times took forever! The giggling was annoying. The game was not the least bit challenging. It was almost as annoying as the giggling. Not a buy here!

Go to: