bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any El Sello Magico: The False Heiress technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 3, 10 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Godsinger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any El Sello Magico: The False Heiress technical issues here only

[Post New]by Godsinger on Aug 3, 10 4:01 AM
I get a driectX error "Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "d3dx9_42.dll", error 126".

I'm running widows 7 pro x64 with DirectX ver 11.

Any way to fix this?
All other games work fine.

Thanks

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 3, 10 6:04 AM
The load times were extream between scenes. I had to use the task manager to end the process.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Aug 3, 10 6:41 AM
I couldn't get it to play at all. Just a black screen and had to hit Control-alt-delete also to escape. Message: Game not responding even after doing Direct-x.

Kezzi
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Kezzi on Aug 3, 10 6:54 AM
I'm having the same problem with Direct X. It wants version 9 of the DLL but as i am on Windows7 I have Version 11 installed. i'm not about to downgrade my version for this game so hopefully the developers can send us an update that doesnt look for a specific DLL.

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Aug 3, 10 8:32 AM
Same problem here w/DirectX, Windows 7. Will not play on my machine.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 8:33:54 AM PST

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Aug 3, 10 10:52 AM
Ditto

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Aug 3, 10 12:06 PM
When I loaded the game a direct X box came up for a download and installation OK, but I got the black screen and went to ctl, alt, del and found it not responding. Using win XP home.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Aug 3, 10 12:12 PM
I have the same problem. Loaded the Direct X box. When I played the game, the screen just came up black. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Will wait to see if a patch is posted.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 3, 10 1:23 PM
Hi Fishies,

When installing the game, the DirectX installer should pop up. Even if your system has the most recent update, please be sure to click "OK" to allow the installer to check which version you’re using and update DirectX if needed with the installation of your game!

If you skipped this step or chose to "Cancel" the install, please uninstall then reinstall the game following the steps above. If you didn't receive this pop-up and are able to play the game, you should be fine.

Please refer to the following help article for some really great information regarding this error:

Error 126

If the problem persists, please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 1:39:14 PM PST

Whitenurse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Whitenurse on Aug 3, 10 9:57 PM
I get the same.....and the game looks good.....please fix BF.
I run Windows 7 and all other games work ok.
regards
Kaz
Downunder Oz

[Post New]by TeriKeeta on Aug 4, 10 6:18 AM
same dir x error. would love to try the game, but will not finish download ... tells me dir x install failed.

the actual error ...

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 6:32:22 AM PST

Kezzi
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Kezzi on Aug 4, 10 10:04 AM
I uninstalled the game, turned off User Account Control for my account, rebooted, reinstalled the game, and direct X did not throw up any errors in installing and the game was able to load successfully.

[Post New]by auds6674 on Aug 4, 10 12:35 PM
after down loading the game 3 times it eventually worked with divx..i dont like the sound effects but i like the artwork and the game is very challenging

[Post New]by shiny124 on Aug 7, 10 2:18 PM
Downloaded the game and got the usual "error 126" message. It looks like my Directx 11 cannot play this game, as it's looking for a Directx 9 file. Any ideas?

Vista won't let me install Directx 9 as it sees this as a retrograde step...

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 28, 10 1:10 PM
Hey Fishies,

There is a new update available for the game now available. So to make sure that you have the latest version, please uninstall and reinstall your game!

Here is a help article to guide you through those steps:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: