gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Midnight Pool 3D - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 3, 10 2:46 AM
I played the demo for 10 minutes. Control was difficult - mushy. The final straw was when the game started and there was just the cue ball on the table - no other balls.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re: Midnight Pool 3D - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 3, 10 7:56 AM
I wouldn't get this game even if it was free.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Aug 3, 10 8:43 AM
Where did all these old, slow, unresponsive games come from??? Big Fish, are you going through your garbage seeing if anyone will buy before you throw them out????? I've bought fifty games in less than four months and just lately there have been some poor choices. For the first time, several times lately I have had to erase games that just were too poor quality to play on my special media play with windows 7....Is the regular supplier sick or what in the world is happening???
I've had no problems with games from other distributers.................

Leaty
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Leaty on Aug 3, 10 9:06 AM
Don't know what you guys have against it....

Played the demo and only had 5 minutes left when I stopped. Now granted, it's not as good as a so called "professional" pool game but then again, you also don't compare TM or HOGs with a Blizzard release.

Game has 3 game modes (arcade, story, challenges), comes with 3 difficult settings, a story mode with some outfits / places to unlock and advanced gameplay where you'll actually need to know how to spin, kickshots and so on.

On easy and probably still on medium, you can enjoy the game with a basic understanding on angles. On hard that won't get you anywhere. So I'd say it's fair and square for beginners as well as for advanced players.
Didn't had any problems with controls - the game is actually rather helpful in that department.

As far as I know, this is the only pool game available on BF. If you enjoy Pool, give it a try.

Madth3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Madth3 on Aug 3, 10 2:34 PM
gimmegames: Not a bug. The game started with only the cue ball because you have to shot the ball, trying to remain closer to the lower side, to see who has the first turn.

But I'll agree the control is not good and the game in general is poorly finished. I deleted it after 20 minutes.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 3, 10 3:14 PM
Leaty, thanks for taking the time to go into the game a bit. Your positive attitude has encouraged me to give it a shot. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I thought elf bowling was dumb when I first started but now I find it's really fun if you're in the mood for some giggles . Well, off to see how good I am at pool!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 3, 10 3:45 PM
Thanks for the explanations. First I've heard of that. Guess I don't hang out in pool halls enough .

Snipis
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Snipis on Aug 3, 10 4:28 PM
I am not a huge fan of this type of game but I thought I would give it a try.
What a nightmare. I still can't get out of the game.
I have the actual playing area in shades of grey. Therefore I can't read the exit instructions or any others. Was very blury in the color section and confusing trying to pick a person to play. I tried the arcade thinking it would be easier. I also did easy cause I don't know how to play. I wish they had some instructions on game play.
I was also confused about the single ball but shot it anyway and got other balls which are in color. just the background, people and words are in shades of grey/white/black. I didn't like the way the cue responded. I am having to wait for the time to be up so it will automatically exit the game.
I am glad some people were able to enjoy but defintely not the game for me.

Okay, after sitting awhile the game starting working okay. SO I take back what I said about the grey stuff. I found a tutorial which helps a little. I still haven't found how to play the actual game or maybe the goals of the game is a better way of saying that. I guess if you know how to play pool this would be a good game for you.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 4:36:32 PM PST

[Post New]by judicutie on Sep 28, 11 9:49 AM
I cannot even get started, I picked an apponent, picked the easy level, but where is the darn "start" button. Don't ;see it anywhere!!!! grrrrr

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 17, 11 6:32 PM
What sort of game is this!!! Aplil fools joke? dont waste your time on this one -10/100

Go to: