Tamarindra
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

What's the closing time?

[Post New]by Tamarindra on Apr 30, 18 5:46 AM
Anyone know the countdown to final closing time?

Would be such a very very big shame if the doors close and we are all stuck with the last pages & pages & pages of "advertising' for ALL eternity?

Me keeping fingers crossed....

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:What's the closing time?

[Post New]by Katijay on Apr 30, 18 6:55 AM
It is suppose to be 30 minutes after GMT today.....so I am sure the Mods will clean-up the best they can....

Tamarindra
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Tamarindra on Apr 30, 18 7:00 AM
Thanks, Katijay.

And yes, I hope they will, too.
Ah well.....
It will be very weird the next time coming here when it's all closed and locked-down.

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Apr 30, 18 7:03 AM
I cut my teeth on this forum, and I prefer it over the others, soooo please fix the problems and bring it back!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 30, 18 7:43 AM
They have "fixed" the problem....... they are no longer allowing anyone to post to this forum .....

Can't say I'm a fan of the fix.

Tamarindra
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Tamarindra on Apr 30, 18 8:03 AM
Yeah......
Kinda 'one size fix All', innit?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 30, 18 8:08 AM
My children were arguing .... they came to me for a solution..... I asked them if they REALLY wanted me to solve their problem.

When they agreed, I sent each to their individual room for an hour (close the door -- don't slam -- don't talk to each other)

About a week later, they were arguing again and came to me .... I asked them again if they wanted me to solve their problem ...... the light bulb came on. A deer in the headlights look came on their faces ...... they promptly said "No, Mom, we can work it out ourselves." ......and they took off running.

ETA: Soooooo..... THAT is why I never complained about the "unwanted posts." ...... I feared their solution would not be to my liking .....

Edited on 04/30/2018 at 8:09:49 AM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 30, 18 8:08 AM
Katijay wrote:It is suppose to be 30 minutes after GMT today.....so I am sure the Mods will clean-up the best they can....

Hi there,

30 minutes after what time GMT?

Sorry if that's a dumb question :-)

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Apr 30, 18 8:11 AM
GMT is Greenwich Mean Time. It's the universal standard. You have to figure out what time GMT is in your time zone. Then add 30 minutes. Since I don't know your time zone, I can't answer your question. But you can use Google to find out.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 30, 18 8:11 AM
GMT midnight ..... it is when your new day rolls to you .... when you get the presents and when the DQ is reset ..... when the clock under the DQ fairy gets set to 24:00:00

It happens at 7:00 pm CST (US) for me ..... so 30 minutes after that would be 7:30 pm (for me)

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Apr 30, 18 8:40 AM
I'm confused. Is the game shutting down or just the forum? Will the new forum be on FB? I missed a post somewhere?????

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 30, 18 9:02 AM
The game is continuing. BFG is closing their forums today. There is an announcement at the top of page one. There is an External Links to new communities on the first page where players have set up other forums.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 30, 18 9:05 AM
difi1 wrote:I'm confused. Is the game shutting down or just the forum? Will the new forum be on FB? I missed a post somewhere?????
Per the Mods .... ONLY the BF forum will be changed to read only as of April 30, 2018.

The GAME will not be impacted / closed / discontinued in any manner. Per the Mods, updates will continue to be issued for the game.

Update notices will be made on MC Facebook page ..... there will be NO update notices at this site.

The material on this forum will still be available for reading over .... no one will be able to add to it.

Regarding new forum ..... there are 3 that have been listed in the link: External Links to New Communities (a locked thread at the top of this forum) .... click on that link and explore the available options.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 30, 18 9:17 AM
Annelliegram

Thank you for all your help on the forum

Mary Cricket

Go to: