RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Review for Mac version

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Aug 3, 10 6:12 AM
This is a very easy drag to select match 3. It would be great for kids or just relaxing. It's pretty with a reasonably interesting story line. There are lots of powerups to collect, even if they aren't necessary. There are trophies and minigames. The music is generic, but pleasant.

It's short for a match 3. I got through 3 of the 8 levels in the demo time. There are more challenges as the game goes on, but it it's still almost too easy. You can not turn off hints. In style it reminds me of Diamond Detective.

The translations are truly terrible. There is no excuse for this, as the dialog is just text and could have been easily fixed for the Mac version (the PC version has been out for at least 2 years). Could they have at least used a Spellcheck function?

This would have been a really great game if it had been a little harder. A bigger game board as the game progresses, a little less time on the timed side, hidden objects a little harder to find. These would not have been technically difficult, but would have made the game a must buy for me. As it is, I'll get it someday, but wait for a sale or a DD.

edited to add stuff

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 9:33:11 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Charm Tale 2: Mermaid Lagoon

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 3, 10 9:33 AM
Hi RyeMcLaughlin!

Thanks for starting the Review Thread! I'm going to go ahead and sticky this at the top of the forum for everyone to post.

bfgTigris

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Review for Mac version

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 28, 11 1:01 AM
Hi fishies,

We have a new forum for Charm Tale 2: Mermaid Lagoon !

I'm going to go ahead and pop this thread over into the new game forum and lock it; the latest comments thread cam be found here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Go to: