bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 4, 10 12:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Aug 4, 10 2:34 AM
This game crashed after playing 23 minutes. I was in the presence of the rat king or whatever.. had just found the tarot cards. The game apparently has no auto save so when i started the game up again, i was back at the beginning. Not a good sign. This looks like a no buy for me. A shame because i was enjoying the game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 4, 10 3:49 AM
Contact CS, green envelope. Are you sure some auto thing didn't happen being online? Mine minimized to task bar as soon as it started, GM said I had 60 min left. Went back to the game and it remembered me. It was an auto update for W7 that busted in. Wanted me to restart computer, I checked Later, On GM I clicked Play Again but said another game running. Game icon still in task tray so went back, was in the rat hole and happened again grrrrrr so I exited, restarted laptop, resumed game and it had saved. I have updates set to manual, just notify me first but MS just crashed the party anyhow.

For other widescreen laptop users, Screen setting have Panorama and Full Screen, but I still got the bars on each side like all the other games but Flux2 Rabbit and Fiction Fixers that stretch. So I was disappointed this dev didn't set it for widescreen or stretch cuz my settings don't have it. Now that Flux2 does I guess the dev can code it in even if my W7 64bit doesn't. 15.6" widescreen Toshiba.

OK back to game, no game tech probs other than the picture not wide. Ii had closed my browser, so didn't expect any interruptions like email or updates.

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 3:52:30 AM PST

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by loridobs on Aug 4, 10 4:34 AM
Game crashed after 14 minutes for me. I was also in the rat room and got the access violation error.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Aug 4, 10 7:05 AM
I dont know if this has happened to any of you.. but at the beginning of the game after the tutorial when that little black thing starts taking to the girl... the conversations mixed up and they are talking at the same time

What's happening?????

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 4, 10 7:59 AM
Hi fishies,

If you are receiving the Access Violation error you may want to try updating your video card drivers and/or Direct X. It may also help to check your firewall and Game Manager settings as well. Here is a help article with the detailed steps and information: Access Violation

If you try updating and it is still giving you the Access Violation, try running as administrator: Run as Administrator

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Gramsmom
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by Gramsmom on Aug 4, 10 8:35 AM
I was on Chapter 7 and I got the acess cod violation. When I went back to the game I was brought back to the beginning. There seems to be no auto save. GRRRRRRR. Well I like the game and will start over. This time when I finish a chapter I will exit and save that way. Still wish there was auto save.

[Post New]by nnrobertson on Aug 4, 10 8:38 AM
I hear ya Gramsmom. I did the demo for an hour and then the game closed because my time was up. I was enjoying it so decided to go ahead and activate using a credit I had and when the game restarted I was all the way at the beginning again!! No autosave???!!! You've got to be kidding me.

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Aug 4, 10 9:02 AM
nnrobertson wrote:I hear ya Gramsmom. I did the demo for an hour and then the game closed because my time was up. I was enjoying it so decided to go ahead and activate using a credit I had and when the game restarted I was all the way at the beginning again!! No autosave???!!! You've got to be kidding me.
Yes it does have an autosave. There was a lot of work put into this game (I worked on the closed beta) and most bugs were ironed out.

However, I don't know if the BFG game manager is a factor, or individual computer setups are causing an issue. Regardless, you should contact BFG customer service about the problem.

What I will do, is contact the guys myself (they're personal friends) and see if they can't come in here themselves and answer questions.

[Post New]by TwinBottles on Aug 4, 10 10:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm with the team that developed Brunhilda, just registered here to offer some tech support and answer your questions :-)

The game does have autosave - it should save game every time you exit to main menu or desktop. It is strange that some of you lost progress after the demo, we will investigate this immediately.

Konstanty

5susie
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by 5susie on Aug 4, 10 10:23 AM
puzzledone wrote:
For other widescreen laptop users, Screen setting have Panorama and Full Screen, but I still got the bars on each side like all the other games but Flux2 Rabbit and Fiction Fixers that stretch. So I was disappointed this dev didn't set it for widescreen or stretch cuz my settings don't have it. Now that Flux2 does I guess the dev can code it in even if my W7 64bit doesn't. 15.6" widescreen Toshiba.

I use a 16" widescreen laptop and the default setting for Full Screen has always played this game in full screen, without any further twiddling, and with no black bars at all - only got the black bars when playing around with the settings and ticking Panorama.

szim
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by szim on Aug 4, 10 10:49 AM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

If you are receiving the Access Violation error you may want to try updating your video card drivers and/or Direct X. It may also help to check your firewall and Game Manager settings as well. Here is a help article with the detailed steps and information: <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation</a>

If you try updating and it is still giving you the Access Violation, try running as administrator: <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=266">Run as Administrator</a>

You can also contact <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Customer Support</a> by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

I got a violation message on the 4th level and it shut down. When I restarted the game it started at the very beginning again.
Now at level 5 I am at the gate and the guard needs to make a totem for me to take with me. When I started to collect all the items needed, it got all but the last one, a Armadillo
shell. I hit the hint button just to make sure I was on the right stop and I was, but it won't pick it up, Keeps saying NOT THAT ONE.
So now I am stuck on this level and can't finish the game, can't move forward at all.
HELP

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Aug 4, 10 10:52 AM
I am so sad! I wanted this game! However, after 30 minutes of playing, strange things started to happen.......when Brunhilda comes out of the Rathole to disarm the traps and find cheese, she appears to be in a "box", and the computer, table and part of the chair are also in a "box". The man in the lobby has his head "cut off" by a "box" too. I uninstalled the game, went to the dev web site, downloaded their free version and the same thing happened. I cleaned my computer, rebooted, still, the same thing. I don't see this problem anywhere in this forum, so what the heck??? I've never had this problem before and the other games are working fine. Any clues, cause I've got the blues?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, by the way, the autosave does work!

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 10:55:08 AM PST

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Aug 4, 10 11:07 AM
TwinBottles wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm with the team that developed Brunhilda, just registered here to offer some tech support and answer your questions :-)

The game does have autosave - it should save game every time you exit to main menu or desktop. It is strange that some of you lost progress after the demo, we will investigate this immediately.

Konstanty
Hi Konstanty!

Everyone:

You couldn't be in better hands than with TwinBottles. They are absolutely dedicated to making the game as wonderful an experience as it can possibly be. They will do everything they possibly can, short of buying you a new computer, to cure what ails your game...IF they can.

If there's a problem in the programming, they WILL fix it. Not maybe, they absolutely will. If the problem is due to some other issue, then BFG's customer service will have to step in.

P.S. K, do you still have Filip locked in the dungeon? Hopefully hard at work on B2.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Aug 4, 10 11:18 AM
TwinBottles wrote:Hi Everyone,

Konstanty

First off, welcome to the Pond, Konstanty~

I'm downloading the game as I type this and hopefully won't have the problems I had when I tried it on your site. The double talking (sentences running into each other), it's been awhile since I played it at your site so cannot remember where the game froze up on me, but when I clicked on, 'save' and started it again, nope, it did not save the game for me and had to start from the beginning....more then once. Needless to say, time ran out on me so could not get to the part where game froze up on me, to see if it was going to happen again. (when I was at your site the other day, I thought I had read where ya'll had fixed the game or an updated version was put on the game?) hope so and that it fixed any problems the game was having as it is one of the better games I've played in quite awhile. I beta tested the game and had no problems with it, so was surprised when it froze up on me. All I can remember is the girl coming out of the hole to get something (think it was like the 3rd time she had to come out to get something), and that's when it froze up on me. I will say that whenever the people were talking, I'd hit my mouse/clicker to make the conversations go by faster, but that shouldn't make their conversations overlap one another.

Thank you for coming in here to answer our questions and to find out what is going on with this game. as soon as I finish playing it, I'll be back to let you know how it played for me.

Wishing myself lots of with this game. LOL

[Post New]by TwinBottles on Aug 4, 10 11:36 AM
szim - I sent you a PM with some help, let me know if it helped!

KathyGriggs - you should get my PM too.

IHateShopping - Glad to see you here! Filip had some time out of the dungeon, but now he will have to go back to investigate issues mentioned in this thread ;-)

cyndihugs - Glad you liked it! We improved the game a lot over last three months, even added new mode for those who crave more challenge ;-) I hope you will like it!

Konstanty

[Post New]by nnrobertson on Aug 4, 10 12:54 PM
Thanks for logging on to answer our questions! Regarding the autosave....my issue was that when I played the demo, I never exited to the main menu or to the desktop. I started the game and played straight through the 60 minutes until the game closed on me b/c I ran out of time. I then activated it. That's why it never autosaved. There was never a need for me to go the main menu or desktop when I was playing and I was into the game so just kept on going!

[Post New]by TwinBottles on Aug 4, 10 1:00 PM
nnrobertson wrote:Thanks for logging on to answer our questions! Regarding the autosave....my issue was that when I played the demo, I never exited to the main menu or to the desktop. I started the game and played straight through the 60 minutes until the game closed on me b/c I ran out of time. I then activated it. That's why it never autosaved. There was never a need for me to go the main menu or desktop when I was playing and I was into the game so just kept on going!

It should autosave anyway - this counts as exiting to desktop :-) Some people reported that game saved properly when demo timed out, which is proper behavior.

Until we find what happened I would advise exiting to menu when your demo time is running out, just to be on the safe side ;-)

I hope you like rest of the game!

Konstanty

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Aug 4, 10 1:10 PM
Hi TwinBottles,

Welcome to BFG! I haven't demo'd the game yet, but based on comments when Mudrock said it was coming and the reviews I've read I will demo and most probably buy!

I just wanted to thank you and your team for taking the time to come here and answer questions. And also for how responsive you were to your Beta testers. It means a lot to us when developers listen. That alone makes you one company I will spend my hard-earned money with.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 4, 10 1:12 PM
wtg twinbottles, konstantly.

very rare to have a dev follow up like you did...i betaed this and hope to ba asked again on your next great game

Go to: