bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Jewel Quest Heritage

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 4, 10 12:46 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Jewel Quest Heritag? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewel Quest Heritage

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Aug 4, 10 1:57 AM

Loved the 1st two Jewel Quests.

This one seems pretty good so far, though I really don't need so much chit chat in my M3 games.

Only played for about 20 minutes, but will probably be a buy for me.

Angel

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Aug 4, 10 3:35 AM
A reliable formula with a new twist or two (as usual). Still looks rather primitive, but has the best progressive difficullties of the M3 games, and the timer is a must for maximimum enjoyment. Again, as usual, a vast number of levels, and replayability. Yes, the words do go on a bit, but they always have in JQ, and it doesn't matter whether you bother with them or not outside the tutorials. Another winner for the series, and another dose for the addicts.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 4, 10 4:22 AM
It's about dinga-dang time BF got this game! I bought it months ago for $20 at another site, and spent lots of hours playing it.

Jewel Quest match-3 games always have way more to them than what you see in the demo hour. I've always had to talk myself into them, then when I get them my jaw drops at what-all is in there. I paid $20 for my copy and was entranced with it. So at BF prices, this is a "must buy" if you like match-3. Lots of interesting variations on the match-3 gameplay that I have not seen elsewhere.

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 4:23:50 AM PST

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 4, 10 5:06 AM
I love all the Jewel Quest games, of course, and this one will be a purchase for me, too.

Developers - you need a relaxed mode option in these games because it's very frustrating to come to the last boards and not be able to finish because of time constraints. Even experienced players often can't get past the last board.

I love the graphics and gameplay, as usual, but this version has no "native" sounds like other JQ games.

I have only played the demo on this one, so far, and find it less interesting than other JQ games in the past. It seems to be a little flat with less interaction going on, less variable gameplay, etc. Not much excitement.

Some trophies for making certain points or advancements would be interesting.

Maybe it'll get better. I'm still purchasing it because I purchase them all.

[Post New]by winchess01 on Aug 4, 10 12:20 PM
am stuck already got to yellowtail and can get anymore puzzle pieces please helllllllppppppppppppp

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Clairebs on Aug 4, 10 2:37 PM
Was only thinking yesterday it would be good to get another JQ. This one does not disappoint, however I don't think the hour's demo does it justice. The game does get more interesting and challenging and offers more M3 variations than the previous JQs. Haven't been watching the clock, but i reckon have spent 2 or 3 hours playing on/off and i'm only 10% through. Ok, no trophies (so far) but you do win puzzle pieces to unlock more levels. The storytelling banter might be tedious for some but you can skip through it. IMO a great M3.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 4, 10 3:17 PM
There are soooo many gameplay variations that unfold in this game looonnnggg after the demo hour.

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Aug 4, 10 9:19 PM
It has a timer with a ticking clock and I dislike intensely the noise so it is a no for me

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Aug 4, 10 9:43 PM
I played this for an hour and quite liked the game. I un-installed it but reading the reviews may give it a try. I have all the other Jewel Quest games. I found the limited gems game play a different take on the game and quite challenging. My demo ran out just as I was trying to master it. I have a free game token so may use it on this. I do play the other JQ games a lot.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 4, 10 9:55 PM
Thanks for the reviews! I have the previous Jewel quests, but didn't like the timer. Will try this one...

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Aug 4, 10 10:22 PM
I bought this game on a different site a few months back and I have to say.....I love all my Jewel Quests games. Happy Gaming !!!

xoxJulie
Stingray
Stingray
4,592 Posts

[Post New]by xoxJulie on Aug 5, 10 1:22 AM
I'm stuck on YellowTail also have never came across the lock and keys. I have tried everything from 3 keys next to lock, didn't work to trying to get as many 3 keys as possible in game. I have all the squares completed but can't get the dang locks to come off. Plus can't do any of the other puzzles as this one has to be completed before I move on so.....

HELP !

Thank you, xoxJulie

Went online and found out that you slide the key into the lock at some point so back to game to give it a try. wish me luck

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 1:52:45 AM PST

[Post New]by gingersmurf on Aug 5, 10 11:54 PM
I could be wrong, but I've played a bit of the demo and I'm not finding clear instructions. I don't know if you have to play all of the game boards for each character to advance. And you can't roll over your specials! Don't like that - I don't need them in the easier levels but they are always useful in advanced levels.

lizst
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lizst on Aug 6, 10 4:42 AM
Hi all , someone told me BFG wouldnt be getting this game so I bought it ..cost me about the same price or thereabouts now I see it here .....oh well teach me to be patient .Great game hours of play on it

[Post New]by feanas on Aug 6, 10 2:21 PM
I should have thought about this before I bought it. With the lack of relax mode, this game is very annoying. I am sorry I bought it. Unlike the other Jewel Quests,this one is not fun. Shame on them for making it without a relax mode and shame on me for buying it. The "specials" in the game do not make up for the large combination of jewels you have to match.

[Post New]by daphnemarie2 on Aug 7, 10 3:59 PM
I spent the entire afternoon trying to get through the Yellowtail board. Sooooooooo frustrating!! After looking at some posts on here, I decided to try again. I finally conquered it!!!!!!!!!!
After you turn all the squares to yellow(gold), bring a key down to the square above the lock and click on the key and then the lock. Do it for both locks.
Good luck!
winchess01 wrote:am stuck already got to yellowtail and can get anymore puzzle pieces please helllllllppppppppppppp

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Aug 9, 10 11:32 AM
This is such a wonderfull game, people tired of HOG should try this one, i played about 4 hours and completed 25 perc of the game. It s not just a simple match 3 game, but it has so many variations in it and becomes harder as you move on. When you can t accomplish a board a few times you get more time or more swaps. Love it.

Carole4451
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by Carole4451 on Aug 9, 10 1:52 PM
I have had this game for quite a while now.
Love and have all jq games.
I have played thru and have silver frames, now working on the gold frame.
Wish I could have paid 6.99 for mine.
A must have.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Aug 13, 10 12:10 AM
dimajo wrote:This is such a wonderfull game, people tired of HOG should try this one, i played about 4 hours and completed 25 perc of the game. It s not just a simple match 3 game, but it has so many variations in it and becomes harder as you move on. When you can t accomplish a board a few times you get more time or more swaps. Love it.

I couldn't agree more !! I love the different variations altho some of them do frustrate me , but it is well worth it ..
Nice to finally have a game that is worth it's value and each and every level you need to accomplish a different task
ty

Go to: