bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Sky Taxi 2: Storm 2012

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 4, 10 12:48 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Sky Taxi 2: Storm 2012? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Sky Taxi 2: Storm 2012

[Post New]by togood2be on Aug 4, 10 2:39 PM
I think it is cute... reminds me of the arcade game of old...donkey kong and Super Mario..I will use a credit for nostalgia sake..lol Man do I feel old now!! And I am not even fond of using my keyboard, I will install my game pad just for fun.. for nostalgia sake yet again lol

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on Aug 4, 10 3:00 PM
Hi fishes,

This was a nice little game, something different than the usual. Not that
I don't like the usual.

Haven't made the decision if I'm going to use one of my credits or not.
There a few other games I want to try first.

Good job, BF

[Post New]by froggie1234 on Aug 4, 10 3:52 PM
whereis the action button ??

lkwriter
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,914 Posts

[Post New]by lkwriter on Aug 4, 10 3:55 PM
Hi froggie1234, and welcome to the pond! I had a bit of trouble figuring that out, too. The action 'button' is the right click button on your mouse (the left should make you jump). I think there are other ways of controlling, using your keyboard, perhaps, but I don't know those ones. Hope this helps you!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 4, 10 8:54 PM
Adorable game! Really cute and that little mouse - I him

There were so many things about this game that made me smile - unexpected surprises that would make me laugh. A sweet game that is just good fun. When I read the reviews, I figured I was maybe going to have trouble with the controllers (being that I have none!) other than my keyboard and mouse, but it is so easy! You can move your mouse left or right to move your character left or right. To jump, left click. To jump even higher, left click while you are already in the midst of jumping. To talk to people, open doors, or treasure chests, right click on them. You can even open treasure chests by jumping directly on them. There are only a few enemies, they are easily dispatched by jumping on them also. Game is really cute - the demo hour flew by ... and I don't even PLAY arcade games ! I got to about level 37 or 38 or so and was actually disappointed when the demo ended. I think I will definitely be purchasing this one.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Aug 4, 10 10:08 PM
I also thought this game was cute, but I am not going to be purchasing it. I enjoyed the graphics and the music, however I didn't enjoy the game. I've read the few reviews that were here and for those of you all that are enjoying the game, Happy Gaming !!!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Aug 5, 10 10:51 AM
Adorable platformer. Unfortunately, all the movement makes me so I cannot play games like this anymore. Too bad, because this is a good one.

[Post New]by bigmar37 on Aug 6, 10 1:14 AM
GREAT GAME,I JUST GOT TO LEVEL 205.I'M JUST WONDERING HOW MANY LEVELS ARE THERE.

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on Aug 6, 10 7:02 PM
bigmar37,

There are 275 levels and if you look carefully you will also find hidden rooms
on either side of the screen in some places.

When you buy a house and look at the treasure maps on the wall you will
see hints as to where there are secret hard to find rooms.

I did end up buying this and have enjoyed it a lot.

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 7:02:45 PM PST

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Aug 7, 10 11:02 AM
You read my mind BF, I was just thinking that it has been a while since we've had anything like Turtly Odyssy or Super Cow and here one is. Though the graphics are not as good as the other two it is similar and fun.

I enjoy being able to use the keyboard now and agian, especially after getting a serious case of "mouse hand" after playing Fifth Gate for a few days but also had difficulty finding the "action"key. A clud would have been nice developers but through some trial and error I discovered that the down arrow worked.

Not sure if this is a buy or not, I'll have to see if there are any posts re: re-playability. I'm broke and a bit of a cheapskate so I only buy things I'm fairly sure I will want to play over and over.

More games like this please!

[Post New]by scooter0327 on Aug 10, 10 12:16 PM
Is there anything to buy with the coins or is it just a try-to-find-em-all?

Really liked this game & got to level 32 in demo, but sounds like I missed tons of stuff. Am considering buying. Thanks for finally getting another platformer!

[Post New]by lc87123gal on Aug 12, 10 11:09 AM
We love Shy Taxi 2: Storm 2021. Kind of wish there was a walkthrough for it for it as I get stumped in the mini games but have found that you learn as you go. We love this game and would like to see a few more like it. Satisfied in Albuquerque!

bats33
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bats33 on Aug 13, 10 10:49 PM
froggie1234 wrote:whereis the action button ??

Hi. I have been using only the arrow keys to play. The down arrow is for actions. I found that I can't control the little mouse very well with the mouse. I'm not used to this type of game, and I'm clumsy. lol

[Post New]by jldcat on Aug 15, 10 6:57 AM
I loved the first one so didn't even bother with the demo on this one, I just purchased it. It's fast-paced, fun and addictive. It's a cartoony type platformer and with the cartoony graphics, it fits together beautifully. Even though it does looks a tad bit childish, there are still the odd little challenge along the way. There aren't nearly enough games like this out there!!

Actually I'm stuck in the secret room in Level 26. The little green blob tells me I have to bring it a clock if I want to get into the area with the treasures but I have no idea what it's looking for. I've been all over the level and am at a loss. If there's anyone out there that can tell me what to do I'd be grateful.....

[Post New]by sharmarupali on Aug 17, 10 3:12 PM
hi guys this is a nice game I like games like Mario,Turtly Odyssy, and Little Space Duo which have action and advanture in them not those mystery games and find stuff well they are not that bad eather but i prefer these kind of games with fun and action

and guy please tell me if i should buy Sky Taxi 2: Storm 2012 "

[Post New]by EyeronikOutlaw on Sep 23, 10 10:30 PM
i find level 26 to be the hardest secret area..i couldnt find the clock for the life of me...so i did some searching too and found that the clock is on level 202 at the top of the level ....to see a video clip...youtube it.....search----sky taxi 2 hidden items and its the second down

[Post New]by qwertytubelight on Oct 9, 10 3:36 AM
how to go about level 98... can u help me....

[Post New]by JoanLouise on Oct 14, 10 12:09 PM
I love all platform games including this one BUT, It would be helpful if there were
instructions, I dont know anything about the treasures and a few other things.

[Post New]by archer1985 on Jun 13, 12 10:01 AM
Hey does anyone know how to get through the level 48 bonus area? I have tried clicking on the computer and turning the lights on and off but I can't seem to figure out how to get up to the little gold statue. Any help please. Thanks!

Go to: