gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Jewel Quest - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 4, 10 4:14 AM
Match-3. The Jewel Quest series always has more gameplay depth to it than what you see in the demo. I own the whole Jewel Quest match-3 series, and have never been disappointed. Yes, they are timed. Yes they are challenging and you may not be able to finish the gazillionth level this game presents to you. Don't let that keep you from enjoying it. Happy gaming!

(Jewel Quest Heritage was just released today too. If you only want one of those just now, go ahead and spring for that one. Otherwise, buy them both . )

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 4:32:12 AM PST

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Jewel Quest - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by wvsandy on Aug 4, 10 7:49 AM
Jewel Quest is one of my very favorite Match 3 games. I've never found the sequels to be as enjoyable as the original! It starts out fairly easy, but gradually gets more challenging (and can be very frustrating). But if you stick it out, it's lots of fun and has great replay value. I bought this game years ago at another site, and while I still have access to that game, I'm thinking I may just take advantage of this DD so that I can add Jewel Quest to my library.

sugar08
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sugar08 on Aug 4, 10 2:23 PM
Was interested in this as a DD. However, is very slow clearing the choices and cursor shakes and I'm sitting here thinking "OK, come on, clear the ones I chose so I can get on with it." Also cursor seems to have a mind of its own and is very shakey and slow to respond where pointed and clicked...;
Just my version or is this built into the game to make it much more difficult than it is?

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 4, 10 3:15 PM
Hey sugar08 - That doesn't sound right. Try to uninstall and reinstall it and see if that helps. You might demo another Jewel Quest match 3 game to see if that plays better, and if so, you can see what "normal" should be.

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 3:16:15 PM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Aug 4, 10 10:13 PM
I have all of the Jewel Quests games and I definately enjoy them all. I appreciate the extra levels, for it being today's DD, I think it was a great price for $2.99. Happy Gaming !!!

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Aug 19, 10 9:53 PM
sugar08 wrote:Was interested in this as a DD. However, is very slow clearing the choices and cursor shakes and I'm sitting here thinking "OK, come on, clear the ones I chose so I can get on with it." Also cursor seems to have a mind of its own and is very shakey and slow to respond where pointed and clicked...;
Just my version or is this built into the game to make it much more difficult than it is?

I have noticed the same problem but only if I am playing while trying to run or download another game. It stalls when the other one kicks in. I have had this game forever and am totally stuck on the last level "Researcher" level 1-1. Here I thought I was so smart zipping thru the other levels and now they have me playing this one over and over. Oh well it's fun and I play it when I don't have anything better to do. I also feel it is the very best one in the series and I have them all too.

Go to: