bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

New Version for Elixir of Immortality (Mac) available! August 4th, 2010

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 4, 10 10:33 AM
We have a new version of Elixir of Immortality available now. This new version of the game resolves the reported Mac issues.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. To install the new build, please uninstall and reinstall your mac game. If you have trouble with the new build just try emptying the trash can and reinstalling the game from your Purchase History.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

clairejr
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:New Version for Elixir of Immortality (Mac) available! August 4th, 2010

[Post New]by clairejr on Aug 4, 10 3:59 PM
Does the new version just fix the sound issue? Thanks.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 4, 10 6:55 PM
That's what it sounds like. I don't have any minutes left on my demo. Has anyone been able to download the new build? Are the sound issues resolved?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 4, 10 11:44 PM
clairejr wrote:Does the new version just fix the sound issue? Thanks.

I had no other issues in the demo, so not sure what else but the sound was fixed. Played through the game tonight -- all was fine until the next to last scene -- the sound cut out and did not return.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 17, 10 2:27 PM
Does not fix the sound problem. I have to quit the game and start up again in order to get the sound back.

Also, I gave the alchemist the matches and ker osene before getting the flask from the freezer. When I handed the alchemist the flask, he asked me for the kerosene again. The game goes no further at this point. Grrr.

Annie6250
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Annie6250 on May 31, 11 4:53 AM
The new download does NOT fix the sound issue. In fact, after deleting the game and reinstalling, upon opening it I find that my profile is still in there and the "new" download still has the sound cutting out about 10 minutes into the game. I have the iMac 10.5. Leopard w/Intel machine.

I'm not sure what will fix this or why after deleting the game, information is still saved somewhere from it because my profile still exists in the new download.

Bummer, I was liking this game but will quit playing it now without any sound.

Go to: