bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Elixir of Immortality technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 4, 10 10:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

Make sure to specify if you are on PC or Mac so we can track any specific issues.

Here is a link to our Mac Errors help article as well.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Elixir of Immortality technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 4, 10 11:49 PM
I played the game (new version, Mac) through tonight. All went well until the next to last scene -- the sound cut out and never returned. There were only a couple of minutes left in the game, but if there was any voice over in the final video, I, of course, missed it.

[Post New]by sistarella on Aug 5, 10 6:19 AM
what a difference sounds make! great game! thanks for the fix ... sound/music played to the end.

[Post New]by KimichiTsuzuku on Aug 26, 10 5:46 PM
I'm still having the bug where the sound cuts out after several minutes.

I've tried deleting the existing copy, re-downloading it through Game Manager and deleting the old profile and starting a new one.

I've made sure that no other programs were running in the background, like iTunes etc. that might interfere

Now this includes the BGM Music and the regular sound effects. I've checked under the game's Options menu and the volume for both will be on high (full beakers) but there will be no sound, including the sound effect that should play when you adjust the sliders.

I'm running 10.5.8 (Leopard) on a 20" Intel iMac

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Sep 2, 10 11:57 AM
i've had to start the game SIX TIMES over because the alchemist wil not accept the beaker, in addition i had to start over WHEN HE DID ACCEPT THE BEAKER and the BOTANIST WON'T GIVE HER NOTES !!!!
this has been a fascio.

huggs & kisses,

puppyalpha

[Post New]by blackfaerie11 on Sep 2, 10 7:22 PM
Entering the code in teh cryptex:

Every time I get back to the scene where the heart key and subsequent rearranging in the hall gives me the four digit code, I get a new code. I wish I remembered what that original code was, because I enter whatever code it gives me over and over in the cryptex and it isn't unlocked. I know I have the numbers right, and I know that I am turning the dials to the right number, but it won't open.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Sep 5, 10 9:44 PM
I had a problem when I clicked on the alchemist's machine to turn it on. It took me to a blue 'wobbly' room, and wouldn't exit it. No matter what i did, it stayed in that room, eating up my trial time. I finally had to use the task manager to close the game. I then restarted the game, but it then really misbehaved, taking forever for a screen to load, doing it in fits and starts. I tried to exit the game through the main menu, but after waiting a couple minutes for it to finish loading, I gave up and shut it down via the task manager again.

Until this happened, I was planning to buy the game with my punch card credit from last month. Now, I don't know whether to trust the game to continue running. It's a real shame, as up to that point,I thought it was a superb game.

I will try rebooting my computer, but hopefully this glitch that will be fixed so it doesn't happen to anyone else. I will also try uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 20, 10 12:31 AM
This game locks up my whole PC everytime I try to use the window key to minimize and look at walkthru blog. The audio skips and it runs slow... finishing this game is taking for ever. Totally regret buying it!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 20, 10 2:56 AM
WiccanWoman530 wrote:This game locks up my whole PC everytime I try to use the window key to minimize and look at walkthru blog. The audio skips and it runs slow... finishing this game is taking for ever. Totally regret buying it!
So don't. Not every game is set up to handle that key. Use Alt-Tab instead.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 20, 10 5:29 AM
That locks it up as well, I'll have to exit the game should I need to look at the walkthru again.The audio skipping and lag happens while I'm playing, so thats unavoidable. Its still playable and a great game.. just bummed its taking away from the experience.

Running XP and I have a laptop built for hardcore gaming with a great graphics card..very compatible. It easily handles the casual games from here. I have played over 70 games from and own almost 200 since joining in Jan. This is only the 3rd game I've ever had any issues with and I've only had 2 others that did not minimize, but they just didn't do anything when the window key was pressed..not cause a total PC lockup. I posted my issue, because thats what these threads are for and was wondering if others had the same happen..perhaps a patch is needed?.. didn't expect an instant fix..just putting it out there.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 20, 10 5:44 AM
I'm sorry that alt-tab didn't work for you.
To get a patch or fix you'd need to let CS know via the green envelope.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 20, 10 9:35 AM
Yup know how to contact support when needed... but thanks anyway.

My Issues did not stop me from finishing happy to report. There is not a lot of posts up with fishies having same problem(s) so not that worried about it. Its up for anyone to see if they do... and fyi does read tech threads.. other posts here and there but definitely the tech threads they make for each game..and especially if a game is getting a lot of posts about a bug. They don't normally post replies, but they know when game bugs are being posted.

They also know/do BETA TEST results on games for bugs.. not just created games. So yeah my post was more just putting it out there...no action needed.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 20, 10 9:42 AM
fyi [BFG] does read tech threads.. <snip> especially if a game is getting a lot of posts about a bug.
That would make sense. They'd be having a field day with Woman in White. I hope that speeds up the next version.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 20, 10 11:40 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
fyi [BFG] does read tech threads.. <snip> especially if a game is getting a lot of posts about a bug.
I hope that speeds up the next version.

I'm sure it will since they released it to members on 17th, then updated on 18th..and it has been the weekend. Lucky me I guess, I made it through the game with no problems on the first release.

A lot of casual gamers don't know that things like Vista (Remember Windows ME.. yuck! lol) and certain video cards can really have problems with a lot of games. The Intel chipsets are a great example. When they came out so many people were upset(and still are, or don't realize its an issue) to find out their new PCs wouldn't run (or crashed) with a lot of games. Don't blame them either, I am grateful someone advised me against buying a laptop with that chipset. I can also tell you its just as frustrating for developers when their game won't run due to another company's design flaw.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 20, 10 11:41 AM
The Intel chipsets are a great example.
This is very familiar territory.

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Sep 21, 10 11:43 AM
i was ALMOST TO THE END OF THE GAME, the next time i went in THE GAME WAS GONE !!!! i had to start over from the beginning !!!

what;s with that !!!???

huggs & kisses,

puppyalpha

[Post New]by manoonie on Sep 22, 10 6:31 PM
I have the same problem... No matter what code i put in it doesn't accept it. What is wrong with it????

blackfaerie11 wrote:Entering the code in teh cryptex:

Every time I get back to the scene where the heart key and subsequent rearranging in the hall gives me the four digit code, I get a new code. I wish I remembered what that original code was, because I enter whatever code it gives me over and over in the cryptex and it isn't unlocked. I know I have the numbers right, and I know that I am turning the dials to the right number, but it won't open.

[Post New]by thehanker on Oct 14, 10 12:46 PM
i HAVE GIVENT THE SLEEPING POTION AND SINCE THEN NOTHING OPENS UP ON ANY SCREEN WHATSOEVER IN ANY OF THE ROOMS. WHAT GIVES?

[Post New]by jade4sky on Nov 17, 10 4:29 AM
hi... i have a problem with the lift button/key... i brought the screw driver and the wire to the physisist but once i get inside the lift, the button/key is already inside the panel and i cannot get it to move or press... according to the walkthrough it seems like i should be able to press it to go to the lab and go on with the game... i don't want to start the game from the beginning with a different profile but maybe that's the only way i can figure it out...? any suggestions...?

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 17, 10 2:24 PM
I gave the alchemist the matches and kerosene before getting the flask from the freezer. Now the alchemist is asking for the kerosene again and I can not progress in the game. It's a really good game, but not one I want to start all over again right now. Not a happy camper.

Go to: