bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 5, 10 12:05 AM
Clarence Flatt, an expert clockmaker, has asked for your help and has offered you the chance to explore the legendary Timeless Tower! While working on the incredible Ageless Clock, something goes wrong and pieces of the device end up all over the Timeless Tower. These pieces begin to unravel the very fabric of time, and only you can set things right in Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower, a fun Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Aug 5, 10 12:25 AM
I guess I will be the first to add my comment. It will be brief. I own the Original, love it and have played it countless time. It is so innovative and I expect this one will be as well. Just downloading the Demo.

HOWEVER, I am totally pissed off that once again when a Sequel comes out, it does as a Collector's Edition. There are so many of us who just can't afford the price and you force us to wait for weeks in order to purchase. I have 3 on my waiting list currently. I hope BGF will rethink this policy. Perhaps there is enough money to be made on the backs of those who need instant gratification which seems to be the mindset of most today knowing the rest of us will wait with patience. This trend saddens me greatly.

I expect there are many of us who are Senior Citizens who rely upon BGF games to help us pass the day and who live on a very limited income.

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 12:33:47 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Aug 5, 10 12:32 AM
Come on BF .. THREE current 'collectors editions' ???

I think you're coming it a bit.
Jo

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Aug 5, 10 12:36 AM
I bought the game a few minutes ago and am downloading it now. I have the first one and play that one repeatly. it's such a beautiful game. yes I can afford me to buy a collectors item and I'm very happy with this one. The beautiful graphics of the game and the storyline are so great. Love these games very much.

JudyAlex
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by JudyAlex on Aug 5, 10 12:38 AM
I loved the first Enlightenus.....but I agree with the first two comments. Just when one is hoping for a good Adventure HOG, it has to be a Collector's Edition. This really irks me as well!! Oh well, I guess I will add this to my list of future purchases when it is available at the regular price.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Aug 5, 10 12:42 AM
Well the way I look at it is, if you always wait for the regular edition, they come out at the same rate as the CEs.

Having said that, I did love the original game, and, oh dear, it's going to be tough waiting.....

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Aug 5, 10 12:42 AM
I love the music, graphics and the story was intriguing. I think this is an awesome game. I know a couple of members that were waiting for this one . I have not yet decided on whether I am going to buy the CE or hold off and wait for the SE. I definately would have to recommend this game. Enjoy and Happy Gaming !!!

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Aug 5, 10 12:43 AM
i also loved the first one and also play it quite a bit..yet I have had enough of these CE's...
they are just not worth the extra we pay out for them..
so this will be a pass until it is released in the normal game mode
Even the demo can stay where it is for now

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Aug 5, 10 12:49 AM
Well I would have bought this, but I have the extra game already and don't see the point of buying a game that offers the same one free I don't need two copies of a game on my machine. I will buy the normal one when it comes out though as I really enjoyed the first one. Will be looking forward to the normal one coming out.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Aug 5, 10 12:52 AM
I retired last year and BF has really changed my life. I love to read and have an extensive library of books. I also have an extensive library of games. I understand that the colectors editions are extemely controversial. However, to be able to preview and buy really quality games for usually 6.99 is a tremendously exciting experience. I wait for 12:00 A.M. to see what is going to be offered, before I go to bed. Each of us has to decide what we will be able to buy on our budgets. I truly understand that sometimes we cannot afford or do not want to fit 20.00 in our budget. So with that said, comes patience.

This collectors edition also comes with an entirely free game which I have previewed and liked very much. Looks like BF has answered our requests for something added when we pay the Big Bucks.....

Beside all that, this series is really tremendous. Loved the first one, and I fit this second one into my budget tonight. Just one more thought. Again, I am very thankful for the opportunity to have a decision to make. I just love to play these games. Thanks BF for making this possible....

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 5, 10 12:59 AM
I will buy it and try it, when it is $6.99. I am still waiting for the other CE games from last week to come out at $6.99. You might try making the rest of us happy BFG. We spend our money here too.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Aug 5, 10 1:04 AM
I just wish the free game was Enlightenus 1, because I didn't buy that one from BFG. I think I purchased it from another company before I found the pond, but I had a computer meltdown last month and lost everything - including my list of what I purchased where and the activation codes, so I can't remember where I got it to reload and replay it.

[Post New]by Hells_bells74 on Aug 5, 10 1:38 AM
I too wish it came with Enlightenus I, because I put it in my cart when it was a DD the other day so I could add more games, but got caught up in the forums reading and didn't purchase the game within the DD time limit.

I'll probably buy this one and use one of my punch cards to get the first game.

It'd be my first CE, hope it's worth it

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 5, 10 1:39 AM
The description says besides Forgotten Riddles: Mayan Princess which many may already have, it also comes with a bonus adventure.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Aug 5, 10 1:43 AM
I played the original Enlightenus as part of a free download with a monthly membership at another site and absolutely fell in love with the game. I couldn't wait for the next installment to come out and to my dismay - it's a CE. I agree with the poster that said the "senior citizens" on fixed incomes can't afford these CE's. I will unfortunately have to wait til this comes out at the regular price and use one of my punchcard credits. I think the CE's have been overdone lately and I just can't afford it. For those of you that are purchasing this CE - have fun and know that many of us are are eagerly waiting for the regular game to come out. I look forward to reading all of your comments and reviews.

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 1:45:57 AM PST

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bgarcia on Aug 5, 10 1:52 AM
meanbusiness wrote:I retired last year and BF has really changed my life. I love to read and have an extensive library of books. I also have an extensive library of games. I understand that the colectors editions are extemely controversial. However, to be able to preview and buy really quality games for usually 6.99 is a tremendously exciting experience. I wait for 12:00 A.M. to see what is going to be offered, before I go to bed. Each of us has to decide what we will be able to buy on our budgets. I truly understand that sometimes we cannot afford or do not want to fit 20.00 in our budget. So with that said, comes patience.

This collectors edition also comes with an entirely free game which I have previewed and liked very much. Looks like BF has answered our requests for something added when we pay the Big Bucks.....

Beside all that, this series is really tremendous. Loved the first one, and I fit this second one into my budget tonight. Just one more thought. Again, I am very thankful for the opportunity to have a decision to make. I just love to play these games. Thanks BF for making this possible....

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 1:53:22 AM PST

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bgarcia on Aug 5, 10 1:54 AM
Ya, what he/she said.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Aug 5, 10 1:59 AM
I just finished the demo and was really disappointed when it ended I'm debating whether to buy it, but I'm intrigued to know how it ends. It is definitely different than the first Enlightenus, but I like the concept of finding out where different pieces fit.

xssa
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by xssa on Aug 5, 10 1:59 AM
this thread is about the game, not the collectors edition, so i'll make the comment brief. i wish they would release a collecotr's edition and a regular game, like when they have two differnt games on the same day, so we could at least have a chance at buying something. the game could be wroth twenty bucks, but i can't justify spending that to myself.
also, i can't believe the game hasn't even been out for a hour and there were already fifteen comments. way to go, big fish gamers! early birds rock. er, nightowls, i mean. staying up late to get the games, yeah, nightowls.
i can't wait to play enlightenus 2, i loved the first one. maybe they should have made it the catch of the week, instead of a daily deal.

[Post New]by Hells_bells74 on Aug 5, 10 2:23 AM
xssa, here in Oz it's 7.22pm.. maybe some Aussie's there too. Who am I kidding, gamers, fanatical they are lol

Go to: