bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 5, 10 12:40 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by texans_andre80 on Aug 5, 10 12:42 AM
I have waited sssssssssoooooooooo long for this game to come out. I am hoping it is as fun as the 1st one!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TerryMann on Aug 5, 10 12:48 AM
I hope you enjoy the game and Happy Gaming

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 5, 10 1:04 AM
Big disappointment!

It's not HOG, nor Adventure - something in between... You are given set of objects, which you have to combine with their "pairs", and use the bonus object to advance in the game. Meanwhile you are given one or two mini funny games...

I need "eternal hints", not 2 hints for each screen - wasted all of them to seek the "combinations".

It's not business - it's strictly personal... Wouldn't buy it even for 2.99$.

Sorry BF, you goofed this time.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Aug 5, 10 1:32 AM
I found this one to be rather different than the usual seek and find. Instead you are given objects at the bottom of the screen and are to find in the scene where to use or put them. There are numerous items throughout that you need to pick-up to be used elsewhere. Did not care for the music, but then I generally turn it off anyway. Never thought to use the strategy guide so I don`t know if it is usefull or not. Found 2 extra hints in every scene which came in handy to use for skipping the puzzles I didn`t care to mess with during the one hour demo trial. The scenes where crisp and bright. Didn`t see any dark areas where you`d have to squint to try to see something. Will probably buy this one as it is different and I found fun.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Aug 5, 10 1:36 AM
enjoyed the first one but wait till it 6 99 to buy this one tried it and loved it thanks but not worth 19 99 so will wait besstan

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Aug 5, 10 1:43 AM
CasualGran wrote:Beautiful sequel to a beautiful game. Graphics are great, music is good, atmosphere is very enjoyable, objects can be found easily and there's no timer Only the cards you use to get more hints can be very hard to discover, because they are blended in so well. But furthermore, a perfect game!

Happy Gaming CasualGran

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 5, 10 1:48 AM
If you played the first Enlightenus, this gameplay is similar. Unlike the typical hidden object games, you don't search for objects. Instead you put objects back into a scene using the clues of objects already in the scene as a guide. The graphics is beautiful like the first game.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Aug 5, 10 3:06 AM
NO, NOT Spoiler.

I'm glad she told me or I would have wasted downloading this game for NOTHING!

[Post New]by emilialucinda on Aug 5, 10 3:07 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this game!!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 5, 10 3:28 AM
Wonderful graphics , music OK but eventually got muted . I like the puzzles I have come across so far, particularly the sketch ones . You have to use the custom cursor but it did not cause any problems probably because it was a nice basic arrow.

I was not going to buy this CE because I already own Forgotten Riddles: the Mayan Princess but if you like solving riddles and have not already purchased that game I can recommend it. The three things that persuaded me to buy this today are the fact that there is a bonus quest and that there are 8 Achievements to strive for such as collecting different amounts of the hint cards so thank you for those Games, I look forward to attaining them all. The third thing that persuaded me to buy is that I would like to see this developer continuing in business for some years to come.

C

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 5, 10 4:53 AM
i really enjoyed having to figure out where to put the items.....much different then just looking for things.........where you put the objects is exactly where they should go....i kicked myself in the b utt a few times when i used a hint and the answer was so simple....for peeps who are tired of games that hold your hand this is the game for you....thinking is a must....but its logical...not impossiable

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 5, 10 6:45 AM
When I started playing this game, I didn't like it at all yet 40 minutes later I found I was still playing it. It grows on you (not for the CE price, though).

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 5, 10 6:55 AM
You will not see me buying games for $19.99 anymore. I will also wait until this comes out for $6.99. But it will have to get in line because I'm still waiting for Echos of the Past and then Redemption Cemetery so this one will have to get in line.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 5, 10 7:05 AM
This is a good game, like the first Enlightenus. Sort of a reverse hidden object game - where you put the hidden things back into place where they belong. The mini games are fun but not particularly challenging. The hint meter refills slowly, but the E cards you find are for filling it immediately to use right away. So you can have more than 2 hints per scene, just have to wait for the meter to fill.

I like the game, but will be waiting for the regular version to come out before buying. I like CE versions and have a few, but this one just doesn't seem worth the price - to throw in a different game altogether to make the CE? If I wanted the other game I would have bought it, happens to be one I don't care for. It would have made more sense perhaps to have the extra game be the first Enlightenus, would sort of tie in that way. But as a general rule I like CE games and have no problem with the price, this one just doesn't quite make it.

old165
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by old165 on Aug 5, 10 7:26 AM
I loved the last game, so I bought it before I tried it. If it s a little harder, at least we know the concept from the first game. It is good sence and good marketing to put a game on once in a while for 19.99. Remeber how much a new one is in the store-- and not a collector's edition. Think too, Big Fish allows everyone to have games for 6.99, plus they have many deals. The economy is bad, and they have to make a killing sometime to off set the great deals. So, buck up everyone, and stop your crying and think.

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 7:29:19 AM PST

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Aug 5, 10 7:30 AM
I like this game and the humor... Liked the first one too...But, I'm not going to buy this one...= too expensive for a game of this kind. I don't want the riddle game either...so..I'll wait..
I'm very sad that big fish changed it's way of working with all games of 6.99...and that you have to wait several weeks for the "not" collector's edition...because...most of the time when that edition comes out, or I don't remember why I liked the game at the first place and also because I most of the time buy a game just after I played the demo and I don't feel like buying that game anymore after a long time !
Raska

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Aug 5, 10 7:32 AM
old165 wrote:I loved the last game, so I bought it before I tried it. If it s a little harder, at least we know the concept from the first game. It is good sence and good marketing to put a game on once in a while for 19.99. Remeber how much a new one is in the store-- and not a collector's edition. Think too, Big Fish allows everyone to have games for 6.99, plus they have many deals. The economy is bad, and they have to make a killing sometime to off set the great deals. So, buck up everyone, and stop your crying and think.

I don't agree with you... I can give 45 dollars for a great adventure game, but not 19.99 dollars for a game that takes just a few hours to play... !!!

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Aug 5, 10 7:40 AM
Beautiful graphics, nice story and pleasant music. Well done voice overs. The style of play does not appear to be very popular with some fishies but I think it's a nice change from the usual HOGS and IHOGS. Mini games do not consist of spot the diffs, or putting endless electrical wires or plumbing parts together but are games unique to the storyline. I think they are quite imaginative. No comments here regarding SE vs CE. or visa versa. We all have our own decisions to make. Very nice game glad I purchased it.

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Aug 5, 10 7:52 AM
heatherington wrote:You will not see me buying games for $19.99 anymore. I will also wait until this comes out for $6.99. But it will have to get in line because I'm still waiting for Echos of the Past and then Redemption Cemetery so this one will have to get in line.

I am with you, although I haven't tried this game yet, but I want to get the other 2 first. Kind of getting tired of all of the CE's. I don't have 19.99 to pay for one game let alone 2. I liked it better when they came out with a CE game about once a month and all the other games were 6.99. Then I could get 3 of the other games I liked by the time the CE came out for 6.99.

Go to: