bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 5, 10 12:40 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Hells_bells74 on Aug 5, 10 2:10 AM

I wonder if anyone would have a little tech advice for me. I was just going to check before I d/l the big file and it won't play.

It says I need 1024mb RAM to play and while I do have 1 gig I know it isn't all useable and comes down to 960mb or something? Has anyone else tried a game here that needed 1024mb with only a 1024mb memory?

Thanks if you could help that would be greatly appreciated.

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by strilf on Aug 5, 10 2:15 AM
Downloaded demo, but once it was done, it closed down the game manager. When I opened game manager, it said trial expired.

Am NOT satisfied that I dl 315MB just to be told my trial period has expired, without even starting the game up.

Should I try dl'ing again, or is it just yet another of those "Oh well, too bad. Looked like a great game, but I'll never find out."?

Any suggestions?

/strilf, over and out.

edited to put in correct amount of MB downloaded

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 5:34:28 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 5, 10 2:30 AM
pm mods and ask where forum dealing with that issue is...has something to do with ie i think

haggishead
Shark
Shark
13,780 Posts

[Post New]by haggishead on Aug 5, 10 3:26 AM
Hi strilf - I also had game manager close down when I exited game but unlike you I found I still had 60 minutes trial period showing.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Aug 5, 10 4:30 AM
The game keeps kicking me out whenever I click on something. Anyone else having this problem?

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Aug 5, 10 5:02 AM
the cards that your suppose to collect werent there ,the hint showed me where they were but there were no cards to be found ,any idea what happen thanks

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Aug 5, 10 7:29 AM
the game downloads but opens to all sorts of colors and I can go no further. I am using Vista. I do have the first game of this series.

Joynn
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Joynn on Aug 5, 10 7:32 AM
game keep freezing up, have to restart computer, I can play for 10 min then game freezes. I hope this is not another game I purchase and can not play. no there is nothing wrong with my computer. I do not need to add anything for one game.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Aug 5, 10 8:37 AM
Hi I had a glitch in the game with the second chapter opening puzzle. I was successful at saving the king but it did not register with the game. It wants me to play it again. I will uninstall the game for now.
Sally

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 5, 10 8:56 AM
strilf......I had the same issue you are having with another game, after downloading, it said trial expired, buy now.
I uninstalled the game, than downloaded again, and it gave me my free trial, so worth trying.
Hope this helps :-)

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 5, 10 9:11 AM
Hi fishies!

If you are experiencing display issues like laggy play, freezing, crashing or crazy colors- you may need to update your video card drivers. Sometimes even new computers will need updates since sometimes updates go out while the computer is still on the shelf. For more information and steps on how to update, click on the "Frequent Crashing of Game" link above.

If your trial has expired, I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling your trial like quarlesqueen mentioned. Also, sometimes it helps to uninstall and then reinstall with Firefox.

If you are still having issues I suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page. They are the best place to go to get one on one support for your games.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

nelshy
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by nelshy on Aug 5, 10 9:54 AM
I tried to download this game and I got a virus alert notice, saying
contains recognition pattern of the
APPL/Agent,8192CXapplication. I could have denied access, and continued download, but
I didn't.
I had this sort of alert on three of the other games I tried to download.
I have no idea what this means.
These days I only download games from BFG as I've been told this is a safe site.
Appreciate any advice.
Thanks.

[Post New]by evanskl on Aug 5, 10 9:57 AM
Is anyone having trouble with the size and location of the game on the screen? It is coming up very large and to the right side of my screen. After closing the game my home screen is small and to the left side. Maybe I need to change some setting.

Any ideas?

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Aug 5, 10 10:53 AM
Is anyone having trouble with the size and location of the game on the screen? It is coming up very large and to the right side of my screen. After closing the game my home screen is small and to the left side. Maybe I need to change some setting.

Any ideas? Copy instead of "quoting" this part. Sorry to whomever I borrowed from, had one of my "moments"! LOL

WOW!! Same thing happened to mine as well. It also had sort of a "double vision" look to it as well as going black, to gray and then back to the messed up size.{The double vision was sort of a ghostly look at the upcoming scene}.Finally after many clicks it "righted" itself. At that point I decided not to take anymore chances and uninstall the game. Too bad too! From what I could see it is a beautiful game. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and was excited to see this one being offered. I was going to demo the CE and wait til the regular version came out in due time. Too bad both aren't offered at the same time. If CE's sell on merit as stated before on another thread then offering the standard version at the same time wouldn't affect the sales. All of my software on my laptop is up to date etc...

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 10:56:14 AM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Aug 5, 10 11:04 AM
Once again, I'm NOT paying $19.99 for a CE, will wait till other comes out.

[Post New]by gamestud77 on Aug 5, 10 3:49 PM
not a bad game

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 4:03:00 PM PST

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Aug 5, 10 6:54 PM
I've also had problems with the game freezing. I played 10 minutes of my trial and the game froze at least 5 times. It looks like an interesting game, but I'm not going to try it again until the technical issues are fixed.

[Post New]by sasha_d on Aug 5, 10 6:55 PM
nelshy wrote:I tried to download this game and I got a virus alert notice, saying
contains recognition pattern of the
APPL/Agent,8192CXapplication. I could have denied access, and continued download, but
I didn't.
I had this sort of alert on three of the other games I tried to download.
I have no idea what this means.
These days I only download games from BFG as I've been told this is a safe site.
Appreciate any advice.
Thanks.

i got a virus alert, too (and this is the first time this has happened at bfg):

McAfee has automatically blocked and removed a Virus.

About this Virus
Detected: W32/Autorun.worm.ac (Virus), W32/Autorun.worm.ac (Virus)
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enlightenus II - The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition\Data\Extra\FR1_BFG\ForgottenRiddles.exe

A virus is a self-replicating program that can harm your computer, compromise its security, and damage valuable files.

does anyone know if this is a real threat -- or if it's not, how to bypass it?

thanks!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Aug 5, 10 7:05 PM
I am having problems in Chapter 3 at the Forbidden City. In this puzzle sequence, the items to be placed are not there. There are dots for where they should be items. Haven't had this problem in any other part of the game. Anyone else having this problem?

Go to: