bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Mac version of Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 5, 10 12:43 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Green Envelope to the right, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article..

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 12:52:29 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 5, 10 1:18 AM
Well -- this may or may not be a technical issue -- While playing the demo, clicking on "strategy guide" in the lower right corner, the game window goes away and I am taken to my browser and the BFG site walk through for the game.

I'm thinking possibly I need to purchase the game to have access to the integrated strategy guide -- I'm really not very confident that is the answer but I'm hoping it is.
Obviously I need confirmation of that before I purchase this CE.

I wouldn't wish bad luck on anyone else, but I am sort of hoping I am not the only Mac player with this oddity.

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 2:12:33 AM PST

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by terih on Aug 5, 10 8:13 AM
After I bought and activated the game, when I click on the strategy guide it opens my browser and takes me to the walk through..... please fix this glitch, I love this game, but I want all of the bells and whistles that are supposed to come with the extra cost.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 5, 10 12:57 PM
Hi everyone!

At this time there isn't a built-in strategy guide for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition. We are currently looking into this and working on getting the messaging updated on the site.

There is a walkthrough on the blog for hints and tips.

Hope this helps,

bfgTigris

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Aug 5, 10 3:35 PM
Bit weird then that it's advertised as such, a lot of people buy the game almost solely for the build in strategy guide, not so much for the wallpapers and other stuff.

Kind of feeling ripped-off because of that.

But I had decided not to buy any other CE's anymore anyway. The game was too short to pay 20 bucks for it imo. It's a lovely game, but next time I wait for a regular version.

I don't give much for wallpapers and screensavers as I don't use them, I mostly bought this because of the extra levels and build-in non-existant strategy guide.

This will learn me to be more patient and wait for the regular version next time.

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Aug 5, 10 7:19 PM
BFG Tigris - is there or is there not a bonus game. I know the strategy guide does not work, but how about the bonus. BFG should lower the price because it doesn't have all the other things that are advertised.

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Aug 5, 10 11:31 PM
bulldog, on the Mac forum someone (was it you?) told us that Customer Service told her/him that there were no bonus levels and no build in strategy guide.

I can tell you there are bonus levels. Once you have finished the main story, you get access to the extra content by clicking on its button.

But the extra content which are music, wallpaper, screensaver and concept art, are still locked (buttons have big locks over them).

In order to get access to them you have to play extra levels first.

So I'm guessing those are the bonus levels.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 6, 10 12:28 AM
Mentalistlvr -- it was me, and I quoted directly from the CS reply I received. Still, I am sorry for the confusion and appreciate your post. So, was the bonus play worth it? Did it advance the story or was it just an exercise to open the other extras?

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by terih on Aug 6, 10 10:31 AM
Hi all!!! Well color me irritated by my reply from CS about the missing strategy guide in the Puppetville game. I got the what (after reading your reply Shorenuf) seems to almost be a form letter from Leia. All I can say is wow Big Fish...... really...... I always thought you were above the bait and switch tactics!! Guess not!!!!

I emailed back for an explanation of who dropped the ball, developers or Big Fish, but since this issue has been apparent since some time in May, I would think both are at fault on this one! One for not fixing it, one for releasing it for us. I'll let everyone know what I hear back!

Sorry for venting, just very upset.....

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Aug 6, 10 12:09 PM
I've just sent out a request for a refund, telling them I find it highly unfair that we're expected to pay the same price as PC players but getting less content since the PC players do get a build in strategy guide and we're not.

And also that they were false advertising since they advertised the CE as having a build in strategy guide but it has not.

We'll see what they do.

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by terih on Aug 6, 10 1:17 PM
Hi Mentalistlvr, CS contacted me very quickly and offered me one. It was said that the strategy guide is something the developer didn't include with the Mac build, so I'm sure BF will be watching them a little more closely from now on! Good Luck, hope you get your refund!

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Aug 7, 10 12:57 AM
I got it, without any hassle..love Big Fish customer service. Never asked for a refund before and don't plan on making it a habit, but I'm a happy camper right now!

Thanks Big Fish!

Edited on 08/07/2010 at 12:58:14 AM PST

[Post New]by CliffFan on Aug 15, 10 5:39 PM
Hi, recently I had bought Puppetshow - Souls of the Innocent CE for the MAC but am disappointed that there is no strategy guide, due to this I have inquired about a refund however when I go to the "contact us" page, after filling out the form I had noticed there was noway to proceed past the form, at the bottom of the page there is only a "check for answers" button in blue, there is no other button. Currently I am wondering if this is a java error on the page/a problem on my end that is causing this, I hope someone here can either answer my question or point me in the right direction.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Sep 8, 10 7:04 PM
CliffFan wrote:Hi, recently I had bought Puppetshow - Souls of the Innocent CE for the MAC but am disappointed that there is no strategy guide, due to this I have inquired about a refund however when I go to the "contact us" page, after filling out the form I had noticed there was noway to proceed past the form, at the bottom of the page there is only a "check for answers" button in blue, there is no other button. Currently I am wondering if this is a java error on the page/a problem on my end that is causing this, I hope someone here can either answer my question or point me in the right direction.

Don't know if you ever got your question answered so:
Fill out the form, click on check for answers. It'll bring up some hyperlinks and then there should be a "Submit Form" button that you can click to send your inquiry to CS.

Go to: