Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Is this really a HOG or an Adventure Game?

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Aug 5, 10 3:02 AM
Are there lists of hidden objects like in other HOG's?

Please advise. Thanks!

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 3:04:38 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Is this really a HOG or an Adventure Game?

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 5, 10 3:28 AM
No you are not given a list of objects to find like in traditional hidden object games.

You are given an inventory of objects and a scene- and you place the items in the appopriate place in the scene
For example- a cork screw - you might place on a wine bottle
Some are as simple as that and some are more cryptic and clever.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 5, 10 4:47 AM
very different...so far i am liking it a lot

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Aug 5, 10 6:08 AM
I think of this as a "Reverse Hiden Object" game, because you start out with the objects and have to put them back. It is an interesting twist, and refreshing if you play a lot of HOGs like I do.

I haven't played this one yet - still deciding whether to jump into the CE or just wait for the regular version - but I played the first several times. It's interesting to have to deduce where objects go, and sometimes you had to put one object in before you could put in another. If you haven't played the first one in the series this is a SPOILER ALERT, but my favorite object placement in that game was putting a rock in a suspended basket, which caused the basket to drop and a carrot to rise, then you put a Hungry Bunny on the carrot. For the rest of the time you worked that scene, the bunny was hanging down from the carrot, happily munching away.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Aug 5, 10 6:51 AM
Tiny amount of SPOILER ALERT:

Haven't played Enlightenus One all the way through yet, but I do hope the game will eventually use all the objects on the screen. Such as, why have an "Antigravity Cat" unless there's a use for it later on ?

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 6:57:11 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 5, 10 12:19 PM
I wouldn't know exactly how to classify this one - all I know is that I have played 45 minutes of the demo and don't even know exactly how I feel about the game. It's awfully easy and, in my opinion, a poor sequel to the first game which I really liked. I don't know... maybe if I could snag it on sale or, better yet, a Daily Deal... then maybe I would buy it. I didn't like either of the Forgotten Riddle games - one of them I actually bought as a Daily Deal and have never finished - I would rather do housework than play that game - if that tells you everything I feel about it and then some. This game here reminds me more of the Forgotten Riddle games than it does the original Enlightenous!!! Bummer!!!!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Aug 5, 10 5:34 PM
I see, thank you for all your comments.

Much appreciated!

Go to: