msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

Same CE question - how much extra game play?

[Post New]by msmithnc on Aug 5, 10 6:59 AM
I don't buy CE's for music, artwork, wallpaper, or even for the integrated strategy guide (I don't mind checking forums and walkthroughs). What I want is extra game play. Some I've bought, the extra has been short and kind of lame; others I thought it was worth it (Dire Grove with its morphing objects, which added more fun and challenge throughout the game). So how about this one - is the extra game play worth the extra money? I'm always balancing the idea that I can get almost three regular games for the price of one CE, but if the CE is really good I don't mind paying that much for more game time - if it's more than just a little bit extra! Has anyone played through the whole game with the extra game play?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Same CE question - how much extra game play?

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 5, 10 7:59 AM
i haven't played all the way through yet, but i never bought 'mayan princess' and it's included in the bonus works - the whole game, which you could pay $6.99 for is wrapped up in the bundle... so i would suggest trying that game and seeing if it's something you would want to own... if not - the CE probably isn't for you because most bonus chapters afford somewhere around a hour's worth of play if you take your time... but if you like 'mayan princess' and you're getting that extra 45 minutes or so, that you would never get to play otherwise, then i would say it's worth it!

good luck

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 5, 10 9:17 AM
msmithnc.....I am also interested in knowing how much extra game play there is, in the bonus part?
If anyone has completed the game, including the bonus game play, how long did it take you?
I know everyone plays at different speeds, but you can at least get a general idea, by those fishie's who have finished the game :-)
I didn't really care for the free game, that comes with it, already tried the demo for that, when BF had it for sale, so that doesn't interest me.

So my questions are bonus game play time?
Completed game time, including bonus play-in hours?

Thanks fishie's.....happy gaming to all !

Same CE question - how much extra game play?

[Post New]by drgnhrts on Aug 6, 10 10:10 AM
msmithnc wrote:I don't buy CE's for music, artwork, wallpaper, or even for the integrated strategy guide (I don't mind checking forums and walkthroughs). What I want is extra game play. Some I've bought, the extra has been short and kind of lame; others I thought it was worth it (Dire Grove with its morphing objects, which added more fun and challenge throughout the game). So how about this one - is the extra game play worth the extra money? I'm always balancing the idea that I can get almost three regular games for the price of one CE, but if the CE is really good I don't mind paying that much for more game time - if it's more than just a little bit extra! Has anyone played through the whole game with the extra game play?

just went to another site and a review there says lengthy bonus with 9 more hidden object levels in 3 different scenes? hope that helps

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 10:12:20 AM PST

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Aug 6, 10 6:37 PM
You're actually getting 2 games in one. Playing the regular game, the bonus level, the additional unlockable puzzles, plus the free Mayan game, I got about 10 hours of game play.

For the regular part alone, I played about 3 hours. So you should have over 6 hours of bonus play. It actually took me more time to play all the bonus stuff than the regular version.

IMO, this is the FIRST CE that was actually worth the money to me.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jan 21, 11 12:36 AM
I haven't finished playing the bonus game play and so far I've been into the extra game play for an hour and 45 minute and so I think that's great so far! I just popped into the forum to see if there was something that the strategy guide was a little vague about in the bonus game. The strategy guide was fine in the regular game part but was confusing about the ladder in the bonus game portion.
Anyway I think this CE is very well worth it considering the amount of bonus game play as well as the extra HOG that you get with it as well! I think it is the best CE for the Money so far as game play length goes with the extra game and all! I wish they all did that,LOL!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 4, 14 1:35 PM
Just wanted to add that this is also my primary consideration/concern in getting games.
The times that I've bought games to find out they only last a few hours are the times that I consider breaking up with that game's developer. Yeah, its like the #1 mistake they can make in my book. I'm not going to take up space on my puter And pay money And put in time for a game that can onl be played for 4 hours or whatever.

Go to: