karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Wait for SE

[Post New]by karen876 on Aug 5, 10 11:53 AM
I bought this game today because I just wanted to play something and I could afford it. It isn't, in my opinion, worth the price of a CE. I've just stopped playing for tonight as, to be honest, I was bored. The game is very easy. I have skipped a few of the mini-games as the instructions to those are not too precise and I got fed up with trying things over and over just to figure out the order in which things should be done. Nice enough game but hang onto your money for the standard edition.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Wait for SE

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Aug 5, 10 2:50 PM
Thank you for your comments. I do have a question regarding SE vs CE. Do you (or anyone else reading this) know if I download the"try this game" and play for the hour and buy the SE when it comes out - will it save and apply my progress when I install the SE? Or will I have to start all over again?

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Aug 5, 10 4:44 PM
I think I did try Sweeney Todd CE but was unsure and so bought the SE later. I'm pretty sure it started from where I left off. I could be wrong. Perhaps some other fishie knows.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 5, 10 5:03 PM
I think it depends on the game. I remember having seen separate game files for some games for the standard and collectors' editions, so there's no knowing until you try it (or someone else does and lets you know).

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Aug 5, 10 5:51 PM
I've demo'd a few CEs and then bought the SEs and my games picked up from where they left off. I'm not sure if all of them do that.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 5, 10 6:34 PM
If you have played a demo and then bought the game, it will start where you left off, always. You have to change player name to start at the beginning.

mlafave
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mlafave on Aug 5, 10 6:54 PM
I have played the CE versions and baught the SE versions and they have all picked up at the same place in fact if you find the same game on IWIN or spin top games and play the free trial on one of them first you can pick up where yo left off on the free trail on big fish so you end up with 2 hrs of free play. But the the other two site don't always have the same game at the same time but when they do you can almost finish the game with out paying for it or really find out if you like it or not. A big fish has the best prices

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Aug 5, 10 7:38 PM
Thank you all for your answer to my question. I downloaded and started playing. I just hope I can wait the few weeks for the SE to come out. This is a wonderful game!

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Aug 9, 10 7:47 AM
I have bought the Special Edition, and its well worth the money!
Its a fairly simple concept, but its absorbing, and get your mind working,with a few laughs along the way. The mini puzzles are not that hard or not that simple either.
Their is a nice chunk of extra game play, plus you get a bonus game.
So if you work it out ....its not that expensive, as you get 3 points towards a new game as well.

Go to: